defenders and Thomas Bryant should be

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.01.2019 11:06
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Chris Froome extended his advantage in the yellow jersey as Ilnur Zakarin won stage 17 of the Tour de France to Finhaut-Emosson.After Katushas Zakarin took stage honours up the road, Froome raced clear of his main rivals to build a cushion of almost two and a half minutes at the end of this 184.5-kilometres stage from Berne.When BMCs Richie Porte attacked from the group of main contenders late on the final climb up to the Emosson Dam, only Froome could respond to join his former teammate.Behind Dutchman Bauke Mollema, who started the day second overall, was the first to be dropped, giving up 40 seconds to Froome.But most encouraging of all for Team Sky will have been the sight of Quintana completely unable to respond as the attacks began.The Colombian has usually come on strong in the third week of Grand Tours and threatened Froomes position in yellow late in last years Tour, but does not appear to have the legs to rival him again.For Froome, who appears to be closing in on a third Tour victory, it was a near perfect scenario as he was pulled up the hill by Porte without needing to do a turn on the front himself ahead of Thursdays time trial.I dont think it was possible to go much faster there, Richie seemed to be doing just fine on his own, Froome said. Tactically for me there is really no need to get on the front and start pulling on the final.Tomorrow is going to be crucial and this is the first day of a four-day block [in the Alps].While not writing off Quintana, Froome acknowledged that the man expected to be his strongest challenger here is not living up to his pre-race billing.Its been a very difficult Tour for Nairo, he said. Hes still a great rival and a big challenger for me but he lost more time today. I think for him to re-enter into the game again hes going to have to do a real good time trial tomorrow.As Froome crossed the line alongside, Quintana was dropped by Adam Yates, who rode away to boost his hopes of a podium finish.The provisional general classification showed Froome two minutes 27 seconds clear of Trek-Segafredos Mollema with Yates, riding for Orica-BikeExchange, two minutes 53 seconds back.That puts the 23-year-old Briton 34 seconds clear of Movistars Quintana in fourth.Zakarin rode clear of stage 15 winner Jarlinson Pantano of IAM Cycling and Tinkoffs Rafal Majka in the king of the mountains polka dot jersey to collect his first Tour de France stage win.I did my best today, the 26-year-old Russian said. Im really happy now. Thank you to my team-mates, theyve been super. This result is not a surprise for me. In the first week, I also tried to go for it.Zakarin, who in 2009 was suspended for two years after he tested positive for the forbidden anabolic steroid methandienone, did not comment on the possibility that the entire Russian team will be banned from next months Olympics in Rio over allegations of state-sponsored doping.Im not following the news. Im reading. Im watching movies to be away from all the stress that does not concern me, Zakarin said.Katusha team general manager Viacheslav Ekimov, a former teammate of Lance Armstrong on the U.S. Postal team, added: We are talking about scandals, the samples which probably belong to cycling, but nobody knows where the samples come from. Mens cycling? Mountain bike? Womens cycling? We dont know. Its just speculation.Since November last year, Zakarin has been tested 12 times out of competition. All these tests have been conducted in European labs, in Paris, Lausanne. ... At Katusha, we perform additional testing, and follow all protocols.Meanwhile,?Fabian Cancellara has withdrawn from the Tour ?to focus on his preparations for the Olympics.AP contributed to this report. Bartolo Colon Jersey . Meanwhile, there were huge victories for Sunderland and West Ham over fellow relegation rivals, leaving the battle to avoid the drop up for grabs with the bottom 11 teams separated by just six points. Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres scored second-half goals to seal a fourth straight victory for Chelsea, which climbed above Arsenal and Manchester City in the standings ahead of their games on Monday and Sunday respectively. Miguel Sano Jersey . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.authentictwinsgear.com/twins-rod-carew-jersey/ . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. Max Kepler Jersey .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Matt Belisle Jersey .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. No. 13 Michigan State | No. 15 NC State | Full ListNo. 14: INDIANA HOOSIERSLast season: 27-8, 15-3 Big TenThe Yogi Ferrell era is over, and now itll be up to Tom Crean to find a point guard situation that works in Bloomington. The Hoosiers have plenty of offense still with James Blackmon Jr. and Robert Johnson on the perimeter and Thomas Bryant in the post. OG Anunoby could have a breakout season and gives IU that defensive toughness.?-- Jeff GoodmanBest case:?Tom Crean has taken a program in crisis to a program that can be expected to contend. Indiana lost a program pillar in Yogi Ferrell, and that leadership and steady presence is difficult to duplicate. But Indiana has talent and the Hoosiers are very well coached. They were left for dead last season and declared the worst defensive team in Indiana history. But the Hooosiers kept plugging, limited turnovers (which automatically improved the defense) and won the Big Ten for the second time in five years.dddddddddddd This season, James Blackmon is back to add scoring, OG Anunoby is among the nations best defenders and Thomas Bryant should be among the nations very best big men.Worst case:?First-weekend casualty. Without a natural point guard to replace Ferrell, Crean will be relying upon Robert Johnson and Josh Newkirk to take over. While that wont be the same, Indiana will still be good. This is a tournament team, but the worst case is an early exit. Just dont expect the worst case. Indiana has proved to be much tougher than that.No. 15 NC State | Full List Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.