aker, Williams sat in her sideline chair and

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.01.2019 11:04
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- That rough first half of the season for the Minnesota Twins is inescapable. But they emerged from the All-Star break strong, taking advantage of several Cleveland mistakes, a bunch of highlight-reel plays by their defence and one of their liveliest crowds of the summer. Joe Mauers two-out RBI single in the eighth inning lifted the Twins to a 3-2 victory on Friday to end the Indians winning streak at four. Four Twins relievers combined for six strikeouts over 3 1-3 hitless innings, including Casey Fien (2-2) in the eighth and All-Star Glen Perkins in the ninth for his 22nd save in 24 tries. "Huge crowd out there, which really picked up the guys," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. Trevor Plouffe hit a tying two-run single in the sixth against Scott Kazmir, who stifled them for two hits over six innings. Then with Joe Smith (4-1) pitching in the eighth, Pedro Florimon singled and Brian Dozier reached on an error when first baseman Nick Swisher let third baseman Lonnie Chisenhalls throw bounce in and out of his glove. Smith got Plouffe to ground into a double play, but Mauer followed with his go-ahead single. Indians manager Terry Francona said he never considered intentionally walking Mauer, though Smith was instructed to pitch carefully. Until he got ahead of the catcher with a 1-2 count. "Then my approach changed. I was going for a punch out. I wanted to get out of the inning," Smith said. Mauer stroked a single to centre field. "It was good that they pitched to Joe and gave him a chance," Perkins said. "So thanks for that." The Indians stayed 1 1/2 games behind first-place Detroit, which lost 1-0 at Kansas City, in the AL Central race. The Twins have won three in a row after losing 16 of 18. "Baseballs a funny game," Plouffe said. "Just when you think youre out of it, you can run off some wins and get right back in it." The Twins need a lot more of those. From manager Ron Gardenhire to cornerstone first baseman Justin Morneau, many of them are more concerned about finishing the season here and being able to come back next year than focusing on a pennant chase. In this third straight lost season for the Twins, Morneaus name is at the top of the could-be-traded list. "Its a place where Im happy and weve won here, which is always the goal. But its not up to me, so well see what happens," said Morneau, the 2006 AL MVP whos in his 11th season, all with Minnesota. With two outs in the sixth inning, after a two-out walk by Florimon, Dozier hustled for second base when Chisenhall bobbled his bouncer for an error at third. Then Plouffe followed with a clean line drive that bounced in front of Drew Stubbs in right field, driving in the two unearned runs with his teams first solid hit of the night. Kazmir walked three and struck out three. Indians starters, who entered the night with the fourth-fewest innings in the league, havent taken a loss in their past nine games. They have a 2.14 ERA in that span with only two homers allowed and a .192 batting average against them. But the bullpen and the defence were the problems, just the opposite of the Twins. Twins starter Mike Pelfrey had plenty of help, with a lunging catch by shortstop Florimon, a sliding grab from left fielder Clete Thomas and a slick play by second baseman Dozier to end the third with a jump to snag a line drive and a same-motion sidearm throw to Florimon to finish a double play. Florimon also made a barehanded pick up of a slow bouncer to barely throw out All-Star Jason Kipnis to start the fourth, and he dived to catch a bloop in shallow left field for the first out of the ninth for Perkins. Pelfrey gave up a pair of deep doubles the inning before to Chisenhall and Michael Bourn, whose drive drove in both runs. Pelfrey said his bullpen warmup was "terrible." But he bounced back. "I guess I found a way, you could say," said Pelfrey, who has a 3.65 ERA over his past six starts. This was, strangely, Clevelands first visit of the season to Minnesota. The way the Twins have been playing, though, thats good for the Indians. Beginning with Fridays game, more than 19 per cent (13 of 67) of their remaining games are against the Twins. Ten of them in this second half are here at Target Field, including a four-game series to finish the regular season from Sept. 26-29. "We could probably take up residency here," manager Terry Francona joked. NOTES: The Indians will send RH Corey Kluber (7-5, 3.88 ERA) to the mound on Saturday night, with RH Kevin Correia (6-6, 4.23 ERA) pitching for the Twins. Correia leads the team with 110 2-3 innings. Kluber will make his third start against the Twins this season. ... The Twins won for the first time in 14 games on Fridays this season. Theyve had two rainouts. Five of their previous seven such games were shutouts. ... RH Zach McAllister, out with a sprained middle finger on his throwing hand, is on track to return to the rotation on Tuesday at Seattle. Hes been out for six weeks. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Retro All Red . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Retro White . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. http://www.cheapjordanretro3.com/cheap-air-jordan-3-retro-brown/ . The catch: It needs a lot of money, and it needs it fast. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Retro All Pink .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Air Jordan 3 Retro Cement 2018 . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. LONDON -- Serena Williams, who kept coming close without quite getting there,?insisted she was not focused on No. 22.Now she finally has it. And so she can flaunt it.Williams lifted both arms overhead and raised two fingers on each hand right there on Centre Court to show off the magic number after winning her record-tying 22nd Grand Slam singles title by beating Angelique Kerber 7-5, 6-3 in the Wimbledon final Saturday.Yeah, its been incredibly difficult not to think about it. I had a couple of tries this year, Williams said during the trophy ceremony. But it makes the victory even sweeter to know how hard I worked for it.I have, yeah, definitely had some sleepless nights, if Im just honest, with a lot of stuff. Coming so close. Feeling it, not quite able to get there.She pulled even with Steffi Graf for the most major championships in the Open era, which began in 1968. Now Williams stands behind only Margaret Courts all-time mark of 24.This was Williams seventh singles trophy at the All England Club -- only Martina Navratilova, with nine, has more -- and her second in a row. Her victory at Wimbledon a year ago raised her Grand Slam count to 21, but while she almost had added to that total since, she was not able to.There was a stunning loss to Roberta Vinci in the US Open semifinals in September, ending Williams bid for a calendar-year Grand Slam. Then came losses in finals to Kerber at the Australian Open in January and to Garbine Muguruza at the French Open last month.If Im totally honest, Im not relieved to have the 22nd, Im relieved to have Serena back, said Williams coach, Patrick Mouratoglou. Everything depends on that. I dont look at the reward, I look at how to achieve it. And there was something missing for a few months, and the thing that was missing was just Serena. The tennis player was there, but Serena as a person wasnt really herself so she was much more beatable.She got that back over time. I think we didnt realize how much time she need to recover from the loss at the US Open. Maybe Im being wrong, but thats how I feel.And if having the singles title wasnt enough, she later teamed up with sister Venus Williams on Centre Court to capture the womens doubles championship -- their sixth at Wimbledon -- with a 6-3, 6-4 victory against Timea Babos and Yaroslava Shvedova.In the rematch against the fourth-seeded Kerber on Saturday -- the first time in a decade two women met to decide multiple major titles in a single season -- the No. 1-ranked Williams came through. This goes alongside her six championships at the US Open, six at the Australian Open and three at the French Open.The 34-year-old American did it, as she often does, with nearly impeccable serving. She slammed 13 aces, including at least one in each of her first eight service games. She won 38 of 43 points when she put a first serve in.She faced just one break point -- at 3-all in the second set, it represented Kerbers only real opening -- and shut the door quickly and emphatically, with a pair of aces at 117 mph and 124 mph, her fastest of the afternoon.This court, Williams said, definitelyy feels like home.ddddddddddddThere was more that Williams did well, though. So much more. Facing the left-handed Kerbers reactive, counterpunching style, Williams was by far the more aggressive player during baseline exchanges, trying to make things happen. And she did, compiling a big edge in winners, 39-12.Williams returned well, hammering second serves that floated in at 75 mph and breaking serve once in each set. She volleyed well, too, winning the point on 16 of 22 trips to the net, including a tap-in on the last point. Soon enough, she was wrapping Kerber in a warm embrace, then holding up those fingers to symbolize 22.At the end, I was trying everything, but she deserved it today. She really played an unbelievable match, said Kerber, who hadnt appeared in a major final until beating Williams in Melbourne. I think we both played on a really high level.It was breezy, but that didnt seem to hamper Williams, whose older sister Venus sat in her guest box, a couple of seats over from musics power couple of Beyoncé and Jay Z.Kerber, a German who knows Graf well, defeated Venus in the semifinals and hadnt dropped a set on her way to the final. But on the grass that suits Williams game so well, Kerber simply could not quite keep up with the trophy on the line, although it was a high-quality match that was more competitive than the scoreline might indicate.I also played a good match, Kerber said. That makes it a little easier for me.Williams lost only one set this fortnight, the opener of her second-round match against American?Christina McHale?last week. After dropping that tiebreaker, Williams sat in her sideline chair and proceeded to smack her racket repeatedly against the grass, before flinging the equipment so far behind her that it landed in the lap of a TV cameraman.That earned Williams a $10,000 fine, but perhaps it pointed her in the right direction. She won all 12 sets she has played since.Once I started focusing more on the positives, I realized that Im pretty good, she said. Then I started playing a little better.Said Mouratoglou: What you saw today, what you saw in the semis and what you saw in the second-round round [against McHale], that was Serena. When she was in trouble -- boom, boom, she did it. When she needed to close -- boom, she did it. That is Serena. I didnt see that for months.There had been some thought that Williams was really stung by her loss to Vinci in New York, that it was too big a disappointment to push aside and lingered, somehow, when she followed with the setbacks against Kerber and Muguruza.If anything, I was able to show resilience that, no, thats not going to shake me, youre not going to break me, Williams said, its going to make me stronger.So, Williams was asked Saturday, is she already thinking about No. 25, to surpass Court?Oh, God, no, Williams said. One thing I learned about last year is to enjoy the moment. Im definitely going to enjoy this.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.