ve Hensons first win.Frohnens layup early

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.01.2019 11:08
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Early in what would become a tight test of a U.S. Open final, Angelique Kerber sprinted forward to somehow reach a drop shot and scoop a down-the-line winner that landed in a corner of the court.The Arthur Ashe Stadium crowd roared, and Kerber celebrated by raising her right hand and wagging her index finger in the air, as if to remind opponent Karolina Pliskova -- and everyone else -- Im No. 1!Yes, she is. And a two-time Grand Slam champion, too.Kerber won her first U.S. Open title and the second major trophy of an out-of-nowhere breakthrough season, taking five of the last six games to beat a fading Pliskova 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 on Saturday.It means a lot to me. When I was a kid, I was always dreaming to one day be the No. 1 player in the world, to win Grand Slams, said the 28-year-old Kerber, who will move up one spot from No. 2 and replace Serena Williams atop the WTA rankings on Monday. I mean, all the dreams came true this year.Never a Grand Slam finalist before 2016, Kerber beat Williams for the Australian Open title in January, then was the runner-up to her at Wimbledon in July. Adding the championship at Flushing Meadows was further proof that all of the changes Kerber has made are paying off.The better fitness, via extra time in the gym and longer, more intense practice sessions; an improved serve and a new willingness to attack during points, rather than mainly counter-punching, via instruction from coach Torben Beltz; a more positive attitude on court, via help from a mental coach.Of course, now everybody will try to beat me and have nothing to lose, Kerber said. I will try to take this challenge.On Saturday, the No. 2-seeded Kerber trailed by a break at 3-1 in the third set before coming back against the 10th-seeded Pliskova, who hadnt been past the third round at a major until this tournament.It didnt look good, Beltz said about the deficit. But I think thats also her strength. Because ... if she sees she still has a chance, shes grabbing it and she goes for it.Kerber is the first woman from Germany to win the U.S. Open -- and the first to get to No. 1 -- since her idol and mentor, Steffi Graf, who got in touch via text message before the final.It was Pliskova who guaranteed Kerbers ascension in the rankings by beating Williams in the semifinals, ending her streak of 186 consecutive weeks at the top, which began in February 2013 and equaled Grafs mark.Kerber, who collected $3.5 million in prize money Saturday, lost to Pliskova the last time they met, just three weeks ago in the final of a hard-court tournament in Cincinnati.But at the outset of this final, it was Kerber who was in charge. Her defense is exemplary, scrambling along the baseline to put her racket on seemingly every ball, crouching so low that her knees would come close to scraping the ground.As she does against most opponents, Kerber would make Pliskova swing two, three, four extra times to try to end a point. And Pliskova was troubled by that in the early going, making 17 unforced errors in the first set alone, 14 more than Kerber. By the conclusion of the 2-hour, 7-minute final, Pliskova totaled 47 unforced errors, 30 more than Kerber.With Angie, you cannot wait for mistakes, Pliskova said. She doesnt give you anything.Kerber won the toss and elected to receive, perhaps for two reasons: Her serve remains the biggest question mark in a game otherwise full of answers, and it made sense to force Pliskova to deal with an early test of nerves. Either way, the decision worked: Pliskova double-faulted on the matchs first point and got broken from the get-go.But Pliskova hung in there. And after frittering away her first four break points, she converted her fifth with a lob-volley winner that curled over Kerber and alit right by the baseline. Suddenly up 4-3 in the set, Pliskova turned to her coach up in the stands and yelled, pumping her fists.Now it was a match, filled with terrific points, tense moments and plenty of emotion. Pliskova served out the second set -- the only one dropped by Kerber all tournament -- and spiked a ball. Kerber got broken early in the third and bounced her racket off the court. Moments later, she trailed 3-1.But this was Kerbers turn to show some mettle, breaking back to 3-all and again to end it. She dropped on her back after the last point, then climbed into the stands to begin the celebration with her coach and others.I mean, definitely, I would say now that she deserves to be No. 1, Pliskova said. And after years (when) Serena was there, I think its a nice change.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Air Max 87 China . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Air Max Direct China . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. http://www.cheapairmaxfromchina.com/air-max-2002-china/ . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. Air Max Plus China . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Air Max Light 2 China . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. SAN ANTONIO -- Jeff Beverly scored 21 points on 6-of-13 shooting, Byron Frohnen added 18 points and the University of Texas-San Antonio beat Prairie View 69-59 in Saturday nights home opener, notching coach Steve Hensons first win.Frohnens layup early in the second half put UTSA (1-3) up 41-34, but the Panthers made six straight free throws to pull within 43-42. Frohnens jumper sparked a 6-2 run for a 57-48 lead and the Roadrunners pulled away after holding the Panthers (1-3) to three baskets through the halfss first 12 minutes.dddddddddddd.UTSA pulled ahead 25-19 in the first half on Frohnens layup, but Prairie View rallied to a 28-27 lead on Zachary Hamiltons 3-pointer. Gino Littles replied with back-to-back 3s and the Roadrunners led 33-30 at halftime.Daquan Cook scored 12 points, James Westbrook had 11 and Hamilton 10 for Prairie View, which shot 32 percent from the floor (17 of 54). Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.