-season series contested among the leagues four Tennessee-based schools. This and the Comm

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 01.06.2018 18:01
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

OMAHA, Neb. -- Kenny Perry went for broke, and now he is back in contention for a second straight win in a senior major. Perry shot a 6-under-par 64 at the Omaha Country Club on Saturday and, along with Fred Funk, will go into the final round of the U.S. Senior Open two shots behind leader Michael Allen. Perry, who was 10 shots off the lead after a 73 on Friday, figured he would need to halve the deficit to have a chance Sunday. He posted nines of 32-32 and got some help from Allen, who went from 63 on Friday to 72 on Saturday and was at 8-under 202. "I was in that rocking-chair seat," Perry said. "I was in a very aggressive mode, where if I go out and play great today, Ive got a chance to move my way up the leaderboard. Or if I dont play any good, its OK, too." It looked as if Funk, the 2009 champion, might fade after taking a double-bogey on No. 10. But he birdied the last two holes for a 67, rolling in a 35-foot putt on the 18th. Suddenly, he was right back in the tournament, too. "To make that putt on 18 was a bonus," Funk said. "Having that good finish was great. At least it kept me in the game." Allen, a journeyman on the regular tour and a four-time winner since joining the senior tour in 2009, started with a 5-shot lead -- the largest after 36 holes in the tournaments 34-year history. He went out in even-par 35, but he bogeyed three holes on the back nine and came in with a 37. "Obviously, yesterday was a lot of fun. I made a lot of birdies and very few bogeys," Allen said. "Today I had a few more bads than goods, but its fun. Its nice to be in the lead. If youd have given me a 2-shot lead to start the week, I would have been pretty thrilled to have it, Im sure." The 54-year-old Allen has been playing through neck pain. He rubbed the right side of his neck Saturday as he walked up the last two fairways. He saved par on the 17th but bogeyed No. 18 to set the stage for a dramatic finish. "For a guy whos never had an injury, this has kind of been interesting for me, to see what guys have to go through," Allen said. "Im trying to get through it. Its still tight." Rocco Mediate, who was Allens closest pursuer at the tournaments midway point, had bogeys on four of five holes in the middle of his round and sat five shots off the lead after a 72. Perry, who won the Senior Players Championship two weeks ago, matched Corey Pavin for low round of the day. "I birdied the first two holes right out of the gate, kind of set the tone for the day, and it was foot to the floor," Perry said. "I was trying to birdie every hole out there, and I had so many great opportunities. I mean, I played a phenomenal day. It could have been 59." Perry started his push with an eagle on the par-5 sixth hole, leaving himself only 155 yards to the hole after his drive. From there he hit a 9-iron to tap-in range. He was the only golfer to birdie the 501-yard, par-4 10th. He drove into the rough but recovered with a pitching wedge to 20 feet. He birdied the par-3 16th and the 297-yard, par-4 17th to get to six under for the tournament. Perry hopes the heavy lifting was done Saturday and that he wont have to go as low Sunday. "But if you do shoot that round," he said, "youll win the tournament." Pavin, who tied for second last year, bounced back from a 73 and was lurking two shots behind Perry and Funk and four behind Allen. "When the USGA sets up the golf course, funny things can happen on Sunday," Pavin said. "Ive seen it time and time again. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt where guys come back. Probably going to need a little help, but well see what happens out there with how Michael plays." Tyler Dorsey Jersey . JOHNS, N. Dominique Wilkins Jersey . The visitors took a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area. http://www.cheaphawksjerseys.com/ . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Tyler Cavanaugh Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Kent Bazemore Jersey . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. (STATS) -- Tennessee State is off to the programs best start in four years, but if that success is to continue it must come with a new -- yet familiar -- face under center.With sophomore starter OShay Ackerman-Carter done for the season because of a knee injury, senior Ronald Butler takes over the reigns of the offense Saturday as the Tigers (3-0) open Ohio Valley Conference play against visiting UT Martin.Ackerman-Carter threw for 598 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions before he was injured in the first half of a 31-24 victory at Bethune-Cookman on Sept. 17. The Tigers conveniently had their bye last week so were able to put plenty of time into preparing for life with a new signal-caller.Thats unfortunate, coach Rod Reed said. But we have a very capable guy in Ronald Butler running the show.The Tigers last opened with four straight wins while going 7-0 in 2012, but they only won once the rest of the way and failed to make the playoffs. Reed, though, seems to believe the good times will keep coming with Butler leading the way.The Tallahassee, Fla., native has played in 31 games at Tennessee State with 13 starts, including eight in 2013 when he was named all-OVC Second Team as a freshman. Butler, who went 7 of 13 for 72 yards with two touchdowns and an interception after Ackerman-Carter was injured, has thrown for more than 2,700 yards with 24 TDs and 15 INTs for his career.Our playbook wont change, Reed said. Ronald has been running this offense for three years. ... Were just going to keep plugging along.Butler also knows helll have help from a stellar offensive line in front of him.dddddddddddd That unit has allowed just one sack and has paved the way for Tigers backs to average 4.8 yards per carry.Hopefully we can continue that trend, Reed said. Weve got to be consistent up front. Hopefully we can keep Butlers uniform clean and run the ball.The former might be tough against UTM (2-2, 1-0), which has recorded five sacks in the last two games. Its also picked off six passes in 2016. Butler is 13 of 25 for 189 yards and a TD in three games against the Skyhawks, though most of that action came as a freshman.This is the biggest challenge weve faced to date, Reed said.UT Martin will try for a third straight victory in the series and overall. The Skyhawks are tied for seventh in the FCS in scoring (42.8 points per game) and junior quarterback Troy Cook ranks among the national leaders with nine TD passes.Rod and I have been competing against each other for a lot of years, UT Martin coach Jason Simpson said. Theres been some good battles.This contest is part of the annual Sgt. York Trophy competition, an in-season series contested among the leagues four Tennessee-based schools. This and the Commander in Chiefs -- featuring the nations services academies -- are the only traveling trophies in collegiate sports to involve more than two teams. UT Martin won last seasons title with victories over Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech and Austin Peay. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.