rained oblique), who last pitched on Sept. 4, int

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 01.06.2018 17:58
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Maybe a September bye week will help a struggling Purdue defense.The Boilermakers (1-1), who will host to Nevada (2-1) on Saturday, appeared a step slow in surrendering 512 yards and five touchdowns to Cincinnati in their last game, a 38-30 loss on Sept. 10.Purdue ranks last in Big Ten scoring defense (31 points per game), last in total defense (455 yards) and last in rushing defense (219 yards).On Tuesday, fourth-year Purdue coach Darrell Hazell disagreed with the theory that the Boilermakers defensive team speed was to blame for the loss.I didnt sense that at all, Hazell said, We were in position to make four or five critical plays in that (Cincinnati) game, and we didnt make the plays. But I didnt sense that their speed was any better than ours.Instead, Hazells theory centers on Purdue adjusting to a new defensive scheme that may be causing some defenders to hesitate at the point of attack rather than simply reacting and tackling.The message this week is no hesitation, Hazell said. Weve got to eliminate hesitation. The other part is just being able to make those plays that have nothing to do with hesitation, like being in position to make those plays.Purdue junior linebacker JaWhan Bentley, who ranks fourth in the Big Ten with 8.5 tackles per game, noticed the hesitation element in the Cincinnati game. He said that must be corrected before facing a Nevada team that averages 208.3 rushing yards.We struggled tackling, definitely, early on in the Cincinnati game, Bentley said. And there were a few deep balls that we didnt see. Like coach says, its about tackling and making plays on the ball, along with recognizing that its third down and we have to get off the field.Purdues defense should receive a boost this week when two starters -- end Austin Larkin and cornerback DaWan Hunte -- return to the lineup after missing the seasons first two games because of ankle injuries.Game notes Linebacker Jimmy Herman remains questionable with a hamstring injury. ... Purdue starting running back Markell Jones, who missed most of the second half against Cincinnati with a shoulder injury, used the bye week to rehab and is expected to start against Nevada. Tremaine Edmunds Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Bills Jerseys Store . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. http://www.cheapbuffalobillsjerseys.com/harrison-phillips-jersey/ . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Bills Jerseys Hoodies . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Bills Jerseys Online . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Monday night began with a 2016 American League West Division championship banner being unfurled from the office complex beyond center field at Globe Life Park. But the Texas Rangers took a step back in pursuing their next goal -- earning home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.Jonathan Villar homered twice and had a career-high five RBI and Matt Garza beat his former team as the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the Rangers 8-3.The loss dropped Texas one-half game behind the Boston Red Sox in the race for the leagues best record. The Cleveland Indians pulled within one-half game of the Rangers.Youre playing pretty much teams that are not in the race, and they have nothing to lose, said Texas shortstop Elvis Andrus, who had three hits along with left fielder Carlos Gomez. Its two different mentalities, but youve got to go out there and try to win games.Rangers starter Martin Perez (10-11) was looking to set a career high for wins in a season. He gave up a season-high eight earned runs and nine hits in 6 2/3 innings. His home record this season fell to 8-3.I threw strikes; thats why they hit the ball, Perez said. If I give up runs like that, with homers or hard base hits, I dont care. I just want to stay there and throw strikes.The number on the scoreboard, it is what it is, manager Jeff Banister said, but I didnt feel like that told the story. I feel like there were some pitches Martin threw well. It seemed like when he needed to get an out, he couldnt get the out.Garza (6-8) allowed three runs and six hits in six innings. He spent the second half of the 2013 season with Texas as a rental acquisition from the Chicago Cubs, going 4-5 with a 4.38 ERA. It was Garzas first appearance against Texas since 2010.I take it as this is our playoff right here, said Garza, who won Game 3 of the Division Series for the Tampa Bay Rays against Texas at Globe Life Park. Theyre a good team, and you want to go out and perform.JEFFRESS RETURNSJeremy Jeffress, acquired by Texas from Milwaukee along with Jonathan Lucroy on Aug.dddddddddddd 1, made his first appearance since being reinstated Friday from the restricted list. He was arrested on a drunken driving charge in Dallas on Aug. 26 and was sent to an inpatient rehab clinic. Jeffress retired all four batters he faced.Getting this one out of the way is going to be pretty good for the next one, Jeffress said. I just took everything in. It made me feel good inside.CHANGE OF PITCHING PLANSBanister moved Cole Hamels final regular-season start up from Friday against Tampa Bay to Wednesdays series finale vs. Milwaukee. He said the change was made to allow Colby Lewis and Perez to start the last two games against the Rays.SHORT HOPSLucroy, who played 6 1/2 seasons for Milwaukee, faced his previous team for the first time. He went 1 for 4. . Perez added to his major league-leading total of groundball double plays induced with his 36th of the season in the sixth inning. . The Brewers scored in every inning in which their leadoff batter reached and failed to score in innings in which the leadoff man was retired.TRAINERS ROOMBrewers: RHP Taylor Jungmann wont pitch again this season after suffering a hip abductor during his start last Saturday night, which was his first in the majors since April.Rangers: OF Shin-Soo Choo (left forearm fracture) had three hits and two walks batting in all seven innings of an Instructional League game on Monday. Banister said he hopes to get RHP Tony Barnette (strained oblique), who last pitched on Sept. 4, into Tuesday nights game.UP NEXTBrewers RHP Jimmy Nelson (8-15) leads the NL in losses after getting off to a 3-1 start. Rangers RHP A.J. Griffin (7-4) lasted only 1 2/3 innings last Tuesday in Anaheim, allowing three hits and four walks. If Texas elects to go with four starters in the Division Series, Griffin is a contender for the final slot. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.