ng curse words. I owe him a quarter for

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 18.03.2018 12:43
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

SALT LAKE CITY -- In a game between bitter rivals with both teams desperate to win, it seemed as if neither actually wanted to. Utah and BYU combined for nine turnovers Saturday as the The Holy War more closely resembled a game of hot potato with both squads struggling with ball control.Sunia Tauteoli had two interceptions as the Utah defense saved the day in a disjointed 20-19 win over BYU. The Utes have now won six straight in the series for the first time since 1964.I felt like I was just doing my job and the ball came to me, said Tauteoli, who returned an interception 41 yards for a score on the first play of the game. The game was very intense. As a defensive player, you want those opportunities to land on your shoulder. If were called on, we need to perform.The Utah defense was routinely put in bad positions as the offense committed six turnovers. Troy Williams had 194 yards passing with one touchdown and three interceptions. Starting running back Joe Williams was benched for a spell after losing a fumble in the first quarter. Utah totaled six fumbles, losing three.I told them after the game we dodged a bullet because youre not going to win many games against quality opponents turning the ball over six times, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said. Its just not going to happen.My stomach was churning pretty good tonight. I was thinking on the sideline, `Am I getting an ulcer?But the Cougars didnt take advantage.The Utes defense dominated up front and forced three turnovers of its own. BYUs Taysom Hill threw for 176 yards and had two touchdown runs, but threw three interceptions.BYU had its best drive of the day when it needed it the most, with just minutes left in the fourth quarter, trailing by seven. Hill moved the team deep in the red zone and ran in a seven-yard touchdown with 18 seconds remaining. First-year coach Kalani Sitake decided to go for the win on a two-point conversion, but a draw up the middle by Hill was stuffed.If you had told me theyd turn it over six times and win the game, I would have said you were crazy, Hill said.THE TAKEAWAYBYU: The BYU defense showed its opening-week effort against Arizona wasnt a fluke. Utah shot itself in the foot plenty, but the Cougars covered well in the secondary and took advantage of turnover opportunities. The offense, however, remains a work in progress after managing 328 yards and reaching the red zone just twice.A lot of great things happened in this game, Sitake said. I was really proud of our guys. Just didnt get the victory. We cant just squash everything that was positive.UTAH: Utah is likely in the market for a new starting running back after Joe Williams lost a fumble on the Utes second possession of the game. He also fumbled in the season opener and had ball control issues last year. Utah survived its rival, but the offensive struggles and turnover issues will be a concern as Troy Williams took a step backward.My brothers have my back, Williams said. It was a tough game out there. It wasnt my best game, but it happens. Its football.I was just struggling. It was one of those games, honestly. It just wasnt going my way tonight.UP NEXTBYU: The Cougars continue one of the most challenging starts in all of college football with a home game against UCLA. They opened the season with Arizona and Utah.UTAH: The Utes travel to San Jose State for their final nonconference game of the regular season.EJECTEDBYU had two safeties ejected on back-to-back plays in the third quarter after being flagged for targeting. Both were questionable calls. Sitake drew and unsportsmanlike conduct flag after Kai Nacua was the first to be ejected, storming past the numbers on the field to berate the officials.FINAL MOMENTSUtah elected to kick a field goal to go up 20-13 with 2:47 left in the game despite having fourth-and-1 from the BYU seven-yard line. Whittingham said he trusted his defense to hold. On the opposite end, Sitake said he planned to go for the two-point conversion from the beginning of the final drive.SPECIAL GUEST: Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker was on the BYU sideline tossing a football around before the game. Parker is Mormon and was heavily recruited by BYU before playing one season for Duke and being selected No. 2 overall in the 2014 NBA draft.QUOTABLEIt was a little frustrating at first, Utah defensive lineman Hunter Dimick said. But its like our coaches always say, adversity is going to hit sooner or later. We rallied around Troy and he made some big plays in the end for us. It never got too angry one side or the other, we just kind of banded together. Chandler Catanzaro Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Wayne Chrebet Jersey . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. http://www.cheapnewyorkjetsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-juston-burris-jersey . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. Darron Lee Jersey . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. James Carpenter Jersey . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. BERKELEY, Calif. -- Sure, Charlie Moore has heard of Shareef Abdur-Rahim. When told he had just broken the former NBA stars California freshman record at this early stage of the season, he was thrilled.I was like, `Oh, wow, thats a pretty big accomplishment, he said, smiling.The Golden Bears needed somebody to carry the load with three starters and key playmakers sitting out injured and a cold first half.Moore scored 38 points to top Abdur-Rahims mark of 33 points set in November 1995, Stephen Domingo hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 3:10 left in overtime, and short-handed No. 25 Cal held off UC Irvine 75-65 on Wednesday night.Kameron Rooks tip-in with 23 seconds left in regulation tied the game and Jaron Martin failed to get off a shot for the Anteaters (1-2). Rooks scored a career-high 15 points to go with eight rebounds as Cal extended its home winning streak at Haas Pavilion to 21.Martin scored a career-best 26 points with three key baskets over the final 6:11 of regulation.Hes been on this stage for a long time, coach Cuonzo Martin said. Hes played in big games since he was a freshman in high school. Hes not fazed by this atmosphere.Cal (2-0) missed three starters because of injuries: preseason All-America Ivan Rabb (toe), Jabari Bird (back spasms) and Columbia transfer Grant Mullins (neck strain). Martin hopes to have all three back for the next game.We dont want to have any excuses after the game, we have key guys out, he said. Probably one of the better wins of my coaching career, seeing guys compete and battle and not make excuses.Moores three-point play with 1:53 left in regulation pulled Cal to 62-60. Martin missed a 3 on the other end and a jumper in the paint with 44 seconds remaining and Cal had one more chance with 35.7 seconds left.Its unbelievable, Rooks said. Charlies a great player. In practice you can see how hard he works, very scrappy.Moore shot 10 for 20 from the field with three 3-pointers and made 15 of 17 free throws. Dommingo finished with 11 points and nine rebounds.ddddddddddddCal overcame a drought of 10:33 without a basket spanning the halves before Moores 3-pointer at the 17:22 mark of the second half.The Bears missed seven straight shots late in the first half, 9 of 10 and 14 of 16, going without a field goal for the final 7:55 of the half after Domingos 3-pointer.Moore made his first three shots with two 3s to score eight of Cals initial 11 points. At halftime, the BearsCals Sam Singer shot 1 for 7 in the first half and missed five of his six 3-point tries as Cal shot 26.1 percent to trail 31-23 at halftime.BIG PICTUREUC Irvine: Brandon Smith added a key block against the 7-foot-1 Rooks late. ... The Anteaters didnt commit their first turnover until 3:10 before halftime after Cal already had seven. ... Both teams already had a common opponent with lopsided victories against South Dakota State. ... The Anteaters havent beaten Cal since Dec. 2, 2000.California: The Bears unbeaten run at home dates to March 1, 2015. ... Cal leads the series 7-2 and has won the last four meetings. ... The Bears held South Dakota State to 28.6 percent shooting in an 82-53 season-opening win Friday.BACK TO THE BAYSeventh-year Irvine coach Russell Turner, a former Golden State Warriors assistant from 2004-10 who worked under Don Nelson and also coached at Stanford with Mike Montgomery, brought his 9-year-old son, Darius, along on the trip. The fourth-grader sat through study table and took a campus tour at Cal, then was on the bench during warmups.Hes counting curse words. I owe him a quarter for each of them, Turner said. It might be expensive. Im trying to break my NBA habits.UP NEXTUC Irvine: The Anteaters will host Damon Stoudamire-coached Pacific on Saturday.California: Plays San Diego State on Monday at the Sacramento Kings new Golden 1 Center. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.