Biden's most loyal supporters are starting to look elsewhere

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 18.10.2019 09:35
von alisa white • Gaser Lehrling III | 156 Beiträge

The New York City Council voted on Thursday Online Cigarettes Store USA to close the city's infamous Rikers Island jail complex by 2026, casting off a detention system plagued by chronic violence and decrepit facilities, as the nation rethinks mass incarceration.

The council approved an $8.7 billion legislative package to close Rikers and three other jails, replace them with four more humane facilities throughout the city, and eventually turn Rikers Island itself into a public space.

"Rikers Island is a symbol of brutality and inhumanity and it is time for us to once and Newport Pleasure for all close Rikers Island," City Council Speaker Corey Johnson told colleagues before the vote.

"I don't think I am overstating it when I say that for many of us this is one of the most significant votes of our entire career," he said.

The 400-acre (160-hectare) island in the East River, connected by bridge to the borough of Queens,Newport box 100s cigarettes is home to nine jails with about 7,000 inmates. Most are defendants awaiting trial or serving sentences of less than one year.

Two decades ago, when the city's crime rates were at their peak, Rikers' population numbered more than 20,000 inmates.

Smoking USA Newport and Marlboro Cigarettes
Online Cigarettes Store USA
2018 Wholesale Newport And Marlborl Cigarettes USA
Online Cigarettes Store USA
Good USA Newport Cigarettes

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.