UP NEXTRutgers: The Scarlet Knights return home

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 31.01.2018 14:09
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- The training wheels are off for Bud Dupree. Finally.The Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker heads into Sundays game against the New York Giants without any limitations, ending a patience-testing stretch in which the 2015 first-round pick missed training camp then underwent sports hernia surgery before beginning the arduous process of getting back into what coach Mike Tomlin calls football shape.The initial step came against Cleveland two weeks ago, when Dupree made it on the field for a single snap. The next came on Thanksgiving in Indianapolis, where Dupree picked up his first two tackles in nearly 11 months in a 28-7 victory. Dupree was in the huddle for 20 plays against the Colts, enough to unleash weeks of pent up adrenaline. And almost enough for Dupree to start lobbying defensive coordinator Keith Butler and outside linebackers coach Joey Porter for more playing time.I will but I try not to because I dont want to get on their nerves, Dupree said with a laugh. Some people do it. Some people dont. I just dont get into it. Im right beside (the coaches). If they put me in, they put me in.And theyre most certainly going to put Dupree in against the surging Giants (8-3), who have only surrendered 13 sacks all season. Pittsburgh needs to make Eli Manning uncomfortable if it wants to end New Yorks six-game winning streak, something the Steelers have struggled to do against good teams this season. Only nine of Pittsburghs 24 sacks have come against teams with winning records.We want to get to the quarterback, Dupree said.Duprees return should help. He finished with four sacks as a rookie last fall, though all of them came over the first half of the season. He trimmed 20 pounds off his 6-foot-4 frame last spring and while he believes the hernia wasnt a result of trying to cut weight, he admits he was diagnosed after working out too much.Whatever the cause, Dupree insists its behind him and in a way, hes relieved. Doctors told him the injury was bound to happen at some point. By taking care of it now, hes optimistic it wont come back to haunt him in the future. Either way, hes encouraged with the added explosiveness. Hes not the only one.Hes moving good, Butler said. Is he moving faster? How fast you are only matters when youre playing on the field. So how fast does he play? He played at a pretty good pace the other night. So well see if he continues to get better.Tomlin saw enough to lock Dupree into the four-man rotation at outside linebacker alongside seemingly ageless James Harrison, leaving Jarvis Jones, Anthony Chickillo or Arthur Moats as the odd man out.As Bud gets up to speed, somebodys going to win, somebodys going to lose, Tomlin said. I dont care who wins. I think we all win if we play the hot hand and those are our intentions.Its a spot Dupree is thankful to be in after being placed on injured reserve at the end of training camp and enduring a setback early in his rehab that threatened his entire season. It was the first time in his football life hed been forced to sit and watch for an extended period of time. And it wasnt fun.I just tried to stay positive, he said. But was it easy? No, it wasnt.Dupree buried himself in the film room, and Butler believes the mental reps have allowed Dupree to quickly rise back up the depth chart. The goal now is to stay there. The way the Steelers move guys in and out of the lineup, he doesnt need to be ready for 60 snaps. If hes fresh for 40 or so, he thinks that will be enough to make an impact. Hes not as big as he was a year ago. Thats not necessarily a bad thing.Its not about that, Dupree said. Its about being flexible, being bendable, being loose. I just want to go out there and ball.Game notes G David DeCastro (ill), WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (foot) and RB D. Williams (knee) did not practice Wednesday. ... TE Xavier Grimble (quadriceps), S Shamarko Thomas (groin) were full participants.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Titans Jerseys Online . -- Quarterback Will Finch threw for 252 yards and three touchdowns, and Yannick Harou rushed in two scores as the No. Titans Jerseys Shop . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. http://www.cheaptennesseetitansjerseys.com/ . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. Titans Jerseys Sale . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. Titans T-shirts . After a replay, the winner will meet Sunderland in the quarterfinals. Sagbo did well to control Sone Alukos right cross and fire past Brighton goalkeeper Peter Brezovan. Aluko was making his first start in four months after recovering from an Achilles injury. CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami Hurricanes freshman Dewan Huell learned the day before Wednesdays game against Rutgers that he would be making his first collegiate start.I went to sleep happy, he said, and woke up even happier.Huell was still smiling after the game. The 6-foot-11 Miami native had 14 points and seven rebounds in 25 minutes, and the Hurricanes scored 17 consecutive points in the second half to beat previously undefeated Rutgers in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, 73-61.With more than 20 friends and relatives in the crowd, Huell scored in double figures for the fifth time this season and had a couple of baskets worthy of video replays.I was very impressed with Dewans acrobatic, athletic ability to score near the rim, Miami coach Jim Larranaga said.Huell had five offensive rebounds. Another freshman, Bruce Brown, had nine rebounds and 11 points, including a 3-point play with less than two minutes left to stop a late Rutgers run.Teammate Davon Reed totaled 18 points and six rebounds for Miami (5-2), which bounced back from consecutive losses last week.The Scarlet Knights (6-1) had been off to their best start since their Final Four season in 1975-76, but they hadnt faced a team with the Hurricanes talent.Are we ready for this kind of game? Rutgers coach Steve Pikiell said. Probably not.The Scarlet Knights came into the game third in the nation in rebounding margin, but the Hurricanes outrebounded them 44-30.The emphasis to this game was to rebound the ball, Brown said. We just wanted it more.Rutgers trailed by 15 points early, rallied to within 36-32 and then went nine minutes without a point. The Scarlet Knights went 0 for 11 with five turnovers during the drought while Miami pulled out to a 53-32 lead.The Hurricanes took leads of 15-4 and 25-10, and then scored two points over the next eight minutes while coommitting a flurry of turnovers that allowed the Scarlet Knights to climb back into the game.ddddddddddddMiami led 34-28 at halftime.BIG PICTURERutgers: Rutgers was outrebounded 14-2 in the first 10 minutes. The Hurricanes grabbed 15 of the 32 rebounds when they missed a shot.Their length bothered us, Pikiell said. That team is as good a rebounding team as were going to face.Before the game, Larranaga stressed Rutgers rebounding ability.We made a strong emphasis to the team that if we dont rebound, were not going to be in the game, he said.Miami: The Hurricanes are especially young and inexperienced inside, but Huell showed his potential to provide a foundation for the future.His most impressive play might have been a graceful, high-flying layup leading a fast break for a 49-32 lead. He also drove the baseline from the left corner for a dunk, prompting a big cheer from the small crowd.I like the breakaway layup to show my ball-handling skills, Huell said.The Rutgers coach was among those impressed.Huell, I love him, Pikiell said. Hes going to be terrific.CLAMPDOWNIt was another strong defensive effort by the Hurricanes, who came into the game ranked 12th in scoring defense at 58.7 points per game. Mike Williams led Rutgers with 16 points off the bench in 19 minutes.BAD RATIOThe Hurricanes had nine assists and 19 turnovers.It really should be the opposite, Larranaga said. Were a little young and dont have team chemistry on offense yet.UP NEXTRutgers: The Scarlet Knights return home to play Morgan State on Saturday.Miami: All six of the Hurricanes games in December will be in South Florida, beginning Saturday against Wofford.---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.