Diar DeRozan is only nine months old, but she is already helping her NBA all-star father DeMar grow as a person and a basketball

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.01.2018 07:24
von jokergreen0220 • Gaser Lehrling III | 179 Beiträge

Diar DeRozan is only nine months old, but she is already helping her NBA all-star father DeMar grow as a person and a basketball player. Ezekiel Elliott Jersey .The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything.""The suns coming up, shes happy," the 24-year-old said in a sit-down with TSNs Rod Black on Tuesday.DeRozan has not always been the fastest, strongest or most talented athlete dating back to his childhood in Compton, the one year of college he spent at USC, or his four-and-a-half years with Toronto. But he has always worked the hardest to get where he wants to be, for his personal happiness and his familys."(Family) shows you what lifes all about at the end of the day and thats why I work so hard," he said. "I do this for the enjoyment and the passion I have for the game and for my family. Everything else just comes with it."I just want to take advantage of every little moment I can, so at the end of the day when I look back I can say I laid it all out on the line and tried to be the best player I could be."If his numbers have anything to say about it, DeRozan is at his best. He is playing at career-high levels in points per game (22.2), assists (3.9), rebounds (4.6), steals (1.2) and three-point percentage (31.1 per cent). Whether he can fathom it or not, hes earned a place in the showcase of basketballs biggest stars."Its still hard to believe," he said. "Its something you always dream about it, but once you really go through it, its hard to explain but its a blessing."Hes also dispelled any doubt surrounding the four-year, $40 million contract extension he signed in 2012. What hasnt changed is the humbling nature he credits to his mom and dad, Diane and Frank."Some people think (Im) kidding when I say it, but I really forget I signed a contract like that. I really dont pay attention to that," he said. "As long as my family is happy and Im doing what I love to do, everything else is just a plus," he said.And although Diar may not know it yet, her dad is telling the truth."My little girl … she gets whatever she wants when it comes to me."The Missing PieceOne thing that will be absent from the All-Star Game this weekend is DeRozans teammate Kyle Lowry. Lowry, who was left off the reserves list, is one of the main reasons for the Raptors resurgence to the top of the Atlantic Division.In 36 games dating back to the beginning of December, the Raptors starting point guard is averaging 17.8 points per game on 43.6 per cent shooting to go along with 7.7 assists."I really wish I couldve seen him make it too. I think it wouldve been good, not just for me, but for the whole city, just to have two guys to go out there and represent, he said. "You look at Kyle as being one of the best point guards in the Eastern Conference, by far, and I thought he shouldve made it."On the other hand, DeRozan doesnt think the exclusion will be a bad thing."One thing about him is hes going to prove his point in the second half of the season." Keith Smith Jersey . -- Ricky Romeros comeback bid hit another road bump Tuesday in an ugly 18-4 Jays loss to a Detroit Tigers split squad. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . 42 sitting next to the bench. The 57-year-old with greying hair couldnt box out or grab a rebound, but owner Ted Leonsis waved his red towel and egged on a cheering crowd that chanted "Free Nene!" The Wizards did just fine without the suspended Brazilian forward. http://www.thecowboysfansmall.com/c-77-cowboys-demarcus-ware-jersey.aspx . The Toronto Maple Leafs forward and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays waiver transactions, with Calgarys Chuck Kobasew and Edmontons Philip Larsen also being placed on waivers.INDIANAPOLIS -- Kurt Busch just made his attempt at completing The Double a lot tougher after crashing during Mondays practice at Indianapolis. Busch spun coming out of the second turn on the 2.5-mile oval and slammed hard into the outside wall. It was the biggest crash of the month. Andretti Autosport said Monday night the car would not be repaired by the Indy 500 and Busch will drive teammate Marco Andrettis backup car. Busch will still start 12th. Debris flew into the air, there was a small fire and one of the tires rolled dangerously down the track as the car rolled to a stop on the infield grass. But the hardest part for Busch was contemplating all the work that must be done now as he becomes the fourth driver to attempt completing both the Indianapolis Indy 500 and NASCARs Coca-Cola 600, 1,100 total miles, on the same day. Both races will be held Sunday. "This created a lot of work for the Andretti guys. I feel bad for that," he said. "As a rookie, theres things you learn and put it up on the edge and get away with and then theres times when it will bite you. Its just tough." Fortunately, Busch was not seriously hurt. IndyCar medical director Dr. Michael Olinger checked him at the infield medical centre and immediately cleared him to drive. Busch said he was fine and ready to return to racing Friday when the final 1-hour practice sessions will be held. Busch said it wasnt a big deal he had to switch cars because he completed his Indy rookie orientation program earlier this month in a different Andretti Autosport car. "The ability of the Andretti Autosport team to field the car, it doesnt matter how it starts, or where it comes from, theyve been very accurate with everything," Busch said by phone. "Ill get over it quick. Ive wrecked cars before." In the garage area, crew members covered the damaged right side of the car with blankets before moving in into the garage and closing the door. When some fans attempted to take parts from the car, Andretti Autosport team members chased them down and retrieved the parts. The team then took the car back to its Indy shop to determine whether the car could be repaired. "Weve already worked our crews to death, trying to work with this schedule," said Kyle Moyer, Andrettis director of racing operations. "But well get it done." Initially, officials said Busch would start from the back of the field if he used another car in the race. Series officials later clarified that would not be the case, something that should help Busch. He qualified 12th, the outside of Row 4 on the 33-car starting grid. No driver has won Indy after starting 33rd. What happened? "I was starting to feel comfortable," Busch said. &quuot;Thats when I made the mistake of just letting my guard down or settling into that long run-type mentality whereas with an Indy car you have to be on edge. Travis Frederick Jersey. You have to keep track of where you are at all times and the adjustments in the car." Other IndyCar drivers thought Busch may have been done in by his NASCAR roots. "It looked like he just got loose in two and it looked to me like he overcorrected, like you would in NASCAR," Josef Newgarden said. "The thing looked like it almost snapped straight, but then it went in on its side." Here are five other things from practice. NEW LEADER: Though the speed chart from Mondays practice means little because teams were working on race setup in traffic, Newgarden, who drives for Sarah Fishers team was the fastest of the day. His best lap was 227.105 mph. Juan Pablo Montoya, the 2000 Indy winner who drives for Roger Penske, was second at 226.532. Scott Dixon, also a previous Indy winner, was third at 226.433, for Target Chip Ganassi and Russias Mikhail Aleshin was the fastest rookie at 226.371. Aleshin was fourth. ACTING PRESIDENTIAL: NCAA President Mark Emmert got a chance to show a different side at Indianapolis. He opened practice waving the green flag and also got a chance to ride around the track with three-time Indy winner Dario Franchitti, who retired last fall. "That was the best ever," Emmert said. "He (Dario) was always my favourite driver. It was a complete surprise that he was driving it. It was wonderful to chat with him, and of course, ride around the track with him." MARRIAGE VOWS: Long-time Indianapolis 500 fans Cory and Linlee Patterson of Lafayette, Indiana, were married Sunday in one of the Tower Terrace suites. They met speedway president Doug Boles, pole-winner Ed Carpenter. They have attended the past five 500s together. OLYMPIC QUEST: Dallas Robinson and Abe Morlu, who worked with the U.S. bobsled and luge team at the Sochi Olympics, were at the track working with Buddy Laziers team Monday. They met Laziers engineer, David Cripps, at the Olympics and were reunited at the track. Robinson and Morlu worked with the team and took a ride in the 2-seater driven by Mario Andretti. THE SWITCHBACK?: NASCAR driver Parker Kligerman started his career in open-wheel cars. Now the 23-year-old is considering a move back. He would replace Busch in the Coca-Cola 600 if Busch doesnt make it back in time. "I have a love for open-wheel cars and its something that me and my manager Bob Perona have talked about," Kligerman said. "Ive been given a bit of a vacation right now, so Im taking the opportunity as a race fan and a racer to see whats out there and what the possibilities are." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.