LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 03.04.2019 05:59
von liny195 • Gaser Lehrling I | 79 Beiträge

has dropped 25 pounds since the end of last season and threw his first bullpen session Thursday since a heart procedure in November.The procedure Gary Sanchez Jersey , known as an ablation, was Jansen’s second heart operation in six years. It came after he experienced an atrial fibrillation episode in Denver this past August.“I definitely feel great. Ready to roll,” Jansen said at the team’s FanFest on Saturday.Jansen, who had 38 saves in 42 chances last year and a career-high 3.01 ERA, said he will be ready to go by Opening Day.The big right-hander gave up seven runs in his first four games after missing time in August and then blew both of his save opportunities in the World Series.“I’m not happy at all by that year I had last year, so that’s motivation for me,” Jansen said. “Every year you can get better. Even if I have a good year this year, next year I will want to do better.”The 31-year-old dropped the weight hoping to better manage his health, and he said his doctor is confident the issues are behind him, even if he’s not completely cured. He said he is off blood thinners and has been cleared to pitch in Colorado this year.PRESENTING POLLOCKA.J. Pollock was introduced to Los Angeles fans Saturday shortly after his four-year, $55 million contract with the cub became official.The former Arizona Diamondback greeted his new fans by admitting a once-serious dislike for the Dodgers. Now that he’s signed his deal — which includes a $10 million option for 2023 or a $5 million buyout — he’s excited to wear the colors that once piqued his competitive spirit.“When you play against the Dodgers, of course; these guys are good,” Pollock said Saturday, admitting his former Dodgers disdain. “I think that’s what it comes down to. I think these guys are in a place where you either love them or hate them.”Pollock was one of this era’s first swing-change success stories. After trying to lift his launch angle in 2015, he broke out with a .315 average, 20 home runs, 39 stolen bases and a Gold Glove in center field. Injuries have seriously hindered him since http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , though, including a fractured right elbow in 2016, a groin issue in 2017 and a broken left thumb last year.“Obviously he’s missed some time over the last few years and we dug into the question: ‘Is it predictive as you move forward?” president of baseball operations Andrew Freidman said. “Most of them have been impact-type injuries. He’s had one soft-tissue injury.“Then you get into how well a guy takes care of himself. How clean does he live, eat, and those things that factor into payer health? As we dug into it, we felt good that he does everything he can to stay on the field.”Manager Dave Roberts is known for mixing and matching his players, often moving guys around to get the proper platoon advantage. Roberts said the right-handed hitting Pollock should be an everyday player in center, as long as he’s healthy.“I don’t think you go out and sign a guy like that to even bring in the word platoon,” Roberts said.Pollock’s 2023 salary can escalate by $5 million based on plate appearances in 2022: $1 million each for 400, 450, 500, 550 and 600. His 2023 salary also could escalate up to $5 million based on MVP finishes from 2019-22, structured on a point system with each point worth $1 million: five points for first, three points for second through fifth, and one for sixth through 10th.If Pollock has 1,000 plate appearances in 2020 and ’21, or 1 Sonny Gray Jersey ,450 from 2019-21, he would gain the right to opt out of the contract after the 2021 season and still would receive the buyout if he does.Pollock would get a $1.5 million assignment bonus each time he is traded.SEAGER ON TRACKDodgers shortstop Corey Seager can’t guarantee he’ll be ready by Opening Day but says he hasn’t had any setbacks in his recovery from hip and Tommy John surgeries.“Right now, everything is on line to kind of be able to make a decision on whether I will be ready to go or not, but for the most part I feel great and everything is on time right now,” Seager said.Seager, who has been told he will continue to play shortstop, threw from 120 feet for the first time Friday and is still progressing toward live batting practice and throwing across the infield. MIAMI (AP) — Derek Jeter stood and chatted a few rows from home plate in Marlins Park on Monday morning. His words were sometimes drowned out by noises coming from construction crews; steel clanging against steel in an area getting built behind the center field wall, or the whirring of engines moving heavy machinery about.There couldn’t have been a more fitting backdrop.Jeter, entering his second full season as CEO of the Miami Marlins, knows that building — whether it is a new spot for fans to watch games from, to a minor-league system, to a contending big-league club — takes time. That also means Jeter is being tested in ways now that he never was during his playing days as shortstop for the New York Yankees, when winning and competing for titles seemed like an annual occurrence.“I have no patience,” Jeter said. “I have zero patience. I’ve been preaching it. I don’t have it.”The Marlins had the worst record in the National League and the fourth-worst record in all of Major League Baseball last season, and just traded away the best player from their 2018 club — catcher J.T. Realmuto — to the Philadelphia Phillies. And oddsmakers say the Marlins will be one of the longest shots in baseball this year, which didn’t amuse Jeter.He’s clearly not expecting to get his hands on the World Series trophy this year.That doesn’t mean he’s accepting another woebegone year as a foregone conclusion, either.“Patience is something that you have to learn Luis Severino Jersey ,” Jeter said. “But I’m fine with not being patient. It’s like I say: When you’re at the major-league level, you’re here for a reason, because these players have been better than most other players in this country and in other countries as well. And if you’re here, you have an opportunity to win. I can’t preach that enough.”Jeter spent his first season observing and learning, often very quietly. He helped craft a plan that the Marlins say they’ll stick to: build an organization from the bottom up, stock what was a badly depleted farm system with prospects, give young players who merit a shot a chance at performing in Miami and hold absolutely everyone accountable.This season, he’s hinting that he may be more involved with players. He learned in 2018. He may teach more in 2019.“Derek’s not going to be patient with not playing the game right, not getting after it every day, not competing,” said Marlins manager Don Mattingly, who played first base in Jeter’s Yankee debut game in 1995. “He knows where we’re at. In a sense you have to have some patience. But you don’t have patience if a guy’s not playing the game right, if he’s not trying to get better every day, if he’s not working. That’s where he’s not going to have patience.”What he’s selling, people are buying.The Marlins signed Neil Walker late last month to be a veteran utilityman presence, after he spent last year with the Yankees. Even after being with the Marlins for only a couple weeks, Hill said the message from Jeter’s office on down is already clear to players: “You’re either going to be on board http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , or you’re out.”“In talking with Derek, talking with (president of baseball operations) Michael Hill, talking with Donnie, they’ve really sat down as an organization and thought about where they were, where they presently are and where they hope to go,” Walker said. “Their enthusiasm and their vision is contagious. And I know just from early talks with all three of them, they believe in the guys in this locker room and they believe in the direction this organization’s going.”The Marlins vow they’re going to make the experience at home games — where attendance dipped to franchise-record-low numbers in 2018, partially because the team was bad and partially because the new ownership group began revealing far more accurate ticket numbers than was done under the previous regime — better this year. The team is trying to better embrace the Latin flavor of Miami, and want fans to even feel comfortable bringing instruments to games if so inclined.Fans spoke. Jeter says their words were heeded.“Look, I never shied away from the fact that there’s a complicated history here with the fan base,” Jeter said. “I get it. We weren’t here for that. We’re taking over an organization that hadn’t had much success at all for the last 15, 16 years. So in order to change that, we had to make changes.”And if Jeter has his way, the refurbishing of the team won’t take long.“We need to see improvement,” Jeter said. “We need to see improvement from some of our younger guys that got an opportunity to play last year. That’s how you get better. We can sit and talk about minor-league systems all you want, but it gets to a point when you’re in Miami that you have to develop and improve year in and year out. That’s how you become a great team.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.