Thearon W. Henderson/Getty ImagesAtlanta Braves

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 03.04.2019 05:33
von liny195 • Gaser Lehrling I | 79 Beiträge

shortstop Dansby Swanson will reportedly miss the National League Division Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-bettis-jersey , according to David O'Brien of The Athletic.Swanson has been out since Sept. 25 with a partially torn ligament in his hand, and the issue is bad enough to keep him off the playoff roster for the opening series.The 24-year-old finished the season hitting .238 with 14 home runs and 10 stolen basis in 136 games.Perhaps most importantly, he is an above-average defender at a premium position who ranked third in the National League with a .981 fielding percentage at shortstop, per Baseball Reference.The Braves were reportedly "cautiously optimistic" that Swanson would be healthy enough to return to the field in time for the start of the postseason, per Gabe Burns of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Unfortunately Adam Ottavino Jersey , he felt discomfort after taking swings on Saturday, according to Mark Bowman of MLB.com.Swanson will hope he can be healthy enough to play in time for the NLCS, assuming Atlanta is able to advance beyond the first round.Meanwhile, utilityman Charlie Culberson will likely move into the starting lineup at shortstop after filling in for Swanson over the final week of the regular season.The 29-year-old has played seven different positions this season but catcher and center field 15 starts at shortstop. After hitting .270 with a .792 OPS this year, the Braves will be in good shape even without one of their top young players. TAMPA Pat Valaika Jersey , Fla. (AP) — Danny Farquhar is lined up to pitch in a game for the first time since collapsing in the Chicago White Sox dugout last April 20 because of a ruptured aneurysm and brain hemorrhage.The 32-year-old right-hander, at spring training with the New York Yankees under a minor league contract, is scheduled to pitch this weekend against Pittsburgh in Bradenton.“I saw my name on the board for Saturday and I was freaking out this morning when I saw it. I’m so excited,” he said.Farquhar pitched his second simulated game of spring training on Wednesday.“I’m ready for a real game,” he said.Farquhar had surgery the day after collapsing and was hospitalized until May 7. His wife Daniel Castro Jersey , Lexie, and children Madison (7), Landon (3) and Liam (1) have been in attendance for his simulated games at Steinbrenner Field.“You definitely see everything in rose colored glasses,” Farquhar said. “Like, just waking up and seeing the sun http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-bettis-jersey , it’s exciting. Waking up the kids in the morning and carrying them down the stairs to get into the car to take me to the field at like 6:40 is awesome. I love every part of it.”Farquhar struck out three, induced a fly and grounder, and gave up a homer to Kellin Deglan.“Another good day,” Farquhar said. “It was a learning experience not to throw 2-0 fastballs right down the middle because they’ll get hit very far. But I felt my changeup was excellent today. Fastball was good and curveball was OK.”Farquhar has pitched in 253 games over seven big league seasons, going 10-15 with a 3.39 ERA and 18 saves for Toronto (2011) Kyle Freeland Jersey , Seattle (2013-15), Tampa Bay (2016-17) and the White Sox (2017-18). He was 1-1 with a 5.63 ERA in eight innings over eight games last year, then became a free agent after the season.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.