is competing for playing time and cap spac

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 11.03.2019 13:56
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Fulmer, Norris and Boyd.Not quite a law firm, but a trio definitely representing the Detroit Tigers postseason chances as they argue their case in front of the high court of a 162-game season.Rookie right-hander Michael Fulmer plus callow lefties Daniel Norris and Matt Boyd will pitch for Detroit this weekend against the visiting Kansas City Royals as the Tigers try to enhance their playoff credentials.We wouldnt be here without them, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus has said on several occasions. We would not be here if those three guys werent pitching the way they have.Detroit claimed at least temporary possession of the second wild card spot by a half-game Thursday night with a 4-2 victory at Minnesota, completing a sweep of the Twins to extend its winning streak to four.The Tigers are a half-game up on Baltimore, which was swept in a four-game set with Boston.Kansas City has already been dethroned as champions of the American League Central and is being slowly locked out of the wild card door. It has won just three of its last 11 games after its 5-2 loss Thursday night at Cleveland.Youre not going to live a charmed life forever, and we did last year by not really suffering any major injuries, Royals manager Ned Yost said. This year we did (sustain injuries).Ive been very proud of the way this team continues to battle through all adversity. They dont quit. Theyre every bit into these games as they were at this time last year. Thats a good trait to have.Opposing Fulmer, a leading candidate for AL Rookie of the Year with a 10-7 record and 3.03 ERA, will be tough lefty Danny Duffy. Norris works Saturday and Boyd on Sunday for Detroit.Duffy (12-2, 3.18 ERA) has a franchise-record 181 strikeouts for a left-hander and his dozen victories are the most by a Kansas City southpaw since Bruce Chen had 12 in 2011.Yost said earlier this week he doubted if center fielder Lorenzo Cain would return to the field this season. Hes been bothered for weeks by a wrist sprain that limits his ability to swing a bat.Third baseman Mike Moustakas has missed much of the season with a knee injury that required surgery, although Cheslor Cuthbert has filled in well.You get Moose back, you get Lorenzo Cain back (next season), Yost said. Those are two pretty big bats that have been missing in this lineup for a while now.Fulmer is making his fourth start against Kansas City this season and is looking to beat the Royals for the first time. Fulmer is 0-2 with a 2.75 ERA in his first three starts against the Royals. In 19 2/3 innings, hes allowed Kansas City 18 hits, including a pair of home runs.Detroit hopes second baseman Ian Kinsler, who missed the Minnesota series after suffering a concussion Sunday when hit on the top of the helmet by Clevelands Trevor Bauer, can return to action for the series opener against Kansas City.Designated hitter Victor Martinez, hit on the left knee by Bauer in the same game, missed the opener against the Twins plus the three innings of the rained out game, but belted a pinch-hit three-run home run in Thursdays first game and was the DH in the second.Its not a secret were running out of time, Martinez said. We just keep playing the games. See what happens. Heading home for the final stretch.Justin Upton hit a tiebreaking solo home run in Thursdays first-game 9-2 win, and since Aug. 20 has hit 13 of his 25 home runs and driven in a league-best 33 runs over that period.Justin Upton, in terms of being a story, Ausmus said, think about some of the home runs hes hit over the past month.Hes had some big home runs throughout the month that hes gotten hot. Probably as many big home runs on the team compacted into one month. Buy Saucony Shoes Australia . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Saucony Shoes Factory Outlet .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. http://www.cheapsauconyaustralia.com/ . Speaking to the Chicago Tribune at baseballs Winter Meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Boras called the former home of the Expos a "tremendous environment" for baseball. Saucony Shoes Online Australia . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. Saucony Shoes Outlet PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Out of shape and preparing to serve a four-game suspension, Buffalo Bills running back Karlos Williams is apologetic when bluntly assessing the fix hes put himself in.Im very disappointed in myself. I put the organization, my teammates, my family in a very bad situation, he said, upon reporting for the start of training camp this weekend.I only can learn from my mistakes this offseason and get ready to get back in shape, get ready to play football, and only can move forward.Theres no point looking back on an offseason that went from bad to worse for Williams, who made a significant contribution to Buffalos NFL-leading rushing attack as a rookie last season.You cant change what happened, he said. All you can do is work, work, work and get ready to play football.He has plenty of time to get into shape. Aside from the suspension, Williams isnt cleared for practice and instead is taking part in conditioning drills while opening camp on the active/non-football illness list.The trouble began in June, when he raised concerns by showing up overweight for a three-day mandatory minicamp. Williams blamed the added bulk on being empathetic to his fiance and not wanting her to snack alone during her pregnancy.Though it was never made clear how overweight Williams was, coach Rex Ryan joked the player might be a candidate for Lap-Band surgery.No one was laughing a few weeks later, when the NFL announced Williams four-game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy.The 23-year-old Williams chalked it up to being a young kid, and just making bad decisions, not thinking things through.His stumbles happened as quickly as his ascension last year.Williams was considered a project when Buffalo drafted him in the fifth round out of Florida State. At 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds, he had the combination of size and speed to play running back. What he lacked was experience at the position affter making the switch from safety during the 2013 season.ddddddddddddWilliams immediately dispelled any questions by becoming the second NFL player to score touchdowns in his first six games -- and at a time when starter LeSean McCoy was hampered by a hamstring injury.With a powerful, straight-ahead running style, Williams scored three TDs rushing and another receiving in his first four games before missing three with a concussion.He then returned to score two more rushing and another receiving in his next two games, and finished with 517 yards rushing, 96 receiving and nine touchdowns (seven rushing and two receiving) in 11 games.The question now is what role Williams will have once hes eligible to return in Week 5.General manager Doug Whaley provided no guarantees.Hes a young guy and hes got to understand that everybody that comes into this building or into camp is competing for playing time and cap space, Whaley said. Hes behind the 8-ball right now. And I think hes more disappointed than we are.The Bills have depth at running back, starting with Mike Gillislee, who played a complementary role in closing last season. Buffalo also re-signed Boom Herron and added James Wilder Jr., the son of former Buccaneers fullback James Wilder.Then theres fifth-round pick Jonathan Williams, who faces potential discipline after being arrested in Arkansas on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated two weeks ago.Karlos Williams first concern is getting back on the field.I can control me, and all I can control right now is being in shape, Williams said. Its all about showing people, showing my family, showing my friends, the ownership, my coaches, my teammates and definitely earning my teammates trust back.---AP NFL websites: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.