awthorn, with Friday nights classic undoubtedl

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 11.03.2019 13:55
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

EUGENE, Ore. -- Wide receiver Devon Allen has returned to the Oregon Ducks football program following his fifth-place finish in the 110-meter hurdles at the Rio Olympics.Allen, who will be a redshirt junior for the football team this season, said he thinks he will go pro in track.I think thats the case so far, Allen said. I havent accepted any prize money yet, but I havent had the opportunity just because Ive been traveling and stuff.He can go pro in track while maintaining NCAA football eligibility by signing with a track agent -- rather than a general sports agent -- and refusing to sign with any brands, such as Nike, Adidas or Puma. By going pro in track he can, however, accept any prize money from races without affecting his collegiate football eligibility.Theres not really much more I can do in college track other than break the collegiate record, Allen said. [Im an] indoor, outdoor champion. Other than winning a team title, which we did, you cant do much more.Going pro in track would certainly propel Allens running career. Allen hadnt competed internationally prior to the Olympics and he knows that competing at that level more often would aid his development and push him closer to his ultimate track dream of becoming a gold medalist.Thats not the only dream thats still on the board for Allen. He said he still sees pro football and pro track as viable options in his future and wants to win a gold medal and a Super Bowl championship.The NFL is something Ive dreamed about doing, just like I dreamed about running in the Olympics, Allen said. In four years I want to win a gold medal -- thats one more stepping stone to that dream. But my next dream is to play in the NFL.Allens story was one of the most popular of the Olympic Games. He said that when he was recognized in Rio, it was often because people recognized him as youre the guy that plays football and runs track.But now, back in Eugene, Allens attention has shifted to the football field, where he hopes to contribute as a wide receiver this fall. The Ducks have a lot of depth at the position, which means that it wont be necessary for Allen to push it and return for Oregons season opener against UC-Davis next Saturday.As long as Coach [Mark] Helfrich and Coach [Matt] Lubick see fit, theyre going to throw me in there, Allen said. Ill kind of just go with the flow and get reps. Nike Sb China Wholesale . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. Nike Sb Shoes Clearance . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. http://www.cheapnikesb.net/ . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Cheap Wholesale Nike Sb Shoes . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Cheap Nike Sb Shoes Online . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. After five years, Harry Taylor and Geelong are back at the pointy end of the AFL premiership hunt.Friday nights epic two-point qualifying final win over Hawthorn eliminated the doubts that had persisted this year about the Cats flag credentials.They have the week off, boast a healthy list and will most likely welcome back key defender Lachie Henderson from knee surgery for their preliminary final.Since their three-premiership dynasty ended in 2011, Geelong had only won one final and missed last years top eight.After struggling for consistency this season, especially against lower-ranked teams, the Cats roared into the finals with a seven-game winning streak.Making the top four and then Friday nights pulsating win against their arch rivals confirmed Geelong can go all the way.Taylor, one of Geelongs most experienced players, was a key member of the 2009 and 11 premiership teams.He is among seven Cats from the 2011 premiership team who played on Friday night, while six Geelong players had a finals debut they will never forget.Its exciting to be a part of, Taylor said.Its tough to win finals - we havent won as many finals as we would have liked over the last few years.So although it was interesting circumstances (on Friday night), its great to win a final and be in a position to play in a preliminary final.ddddddddddddTaylor added it was a privilege to be part of the nine-year rivalry with Hawthorn, with Friday nights classic undoubtedly the highlight.As usual, the match featured dramatic momentum shifts and there were seven lead changes in the second half.Its just the drama and romance of it all Its amazing to be a part of as a player, he said.Its so funny in the games, well get in front and you know theyre going to come back and vice versa.I remember a few times playing on (Jarryd) Roughead and wed be standing next to each other saying, Im sure youre going to come back or Im sure were going to come back.Its pretty unique.Taylor, Henderson and Tom Lonergan have been a solid key defensive trio for the Cats this season.Lonergan was outstanding on Friday night, particularly with some big marks in the frenetic last quarter.He was excellent - he took three good intercept marks late, when we needed to stifle the momentum, Taylor said.Again, I thought he played well all game, but that last quarter he stood tall and it was fantastic. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.