wo-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in t

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 05.03.2019 12:46
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Up-and-comers such as Dominic Thiem, Nick Kyrgios, Borna Coric, Alexander Zverev and Taylor Fritz have set the mens tour buzzing this season. Now theres another sensation:?Denis Shapovalov. Fresh off a junior title run at Wimbledon, the 17-year-old Canadian showed hes ready for the big leagues Tuesday night in front of his hometown crowd by beating Kyrgios.Shapovalov did lose his second match to Grigor Dimitrov, but not without some spectacular shot-making.Heres five things to know about Shapovalov, a player we will be hearing much more about in the coming months and years:1. Get his name rightThe youngster has been hearing his name said a lot recently, and not always accurately.Its two parts. So first part is Shapo, then second part is valov. So if you put it together: Shapo-valov, he explained.The other thing that irritates him is when people write my name with two ns, Dennis.I get that so much, he said.2. He has his own tennis club, kind ofAlthough most aspiring tennis pros in Canada typically train at the National Tennis Center in Montreal, Shapovalov uses a Toronto-area club started by his mother, Tessa, a former player. She is still part of his coaching team.3. He has a one-handed backhandAlong with Thiem, the precocious Shapovalov is among the few young players with a one-hander, which he points to as one of his weapons.When my mom was teaching me to hit with two hands, I started releasing with my backhand, Shapovalov said. A lot of people actually said, Oh, hes too young for a one-hander. Its going to be tough on him. I think thats why I made my backhand as good as it is today, so much practice, so many people playing to it.4. He revels in the spotlightPlaying a seeded player on center court, as he did against Kyrgios at the Rogers Cup albeit in front of his home crowd, might be intimidating for some young players, but its exactly what Shapovalov wanted.I love playing on a big stage, he said. At the start I didnt kind of know how to act. Its tough playing the first time on center court. But by the end of the match, I felt like the crowd really liked it when I was getting pumped up.And he was able to do plenty of it, producing some big serving and steady nerves to defeat the Aussie in three sets.5. The locker room is taking noteKyrgios praised his opponent following their match, saying, Im really looking forward to see how hes going to progress into the seniors and transition. Hes a top player.Its just his second ATP event, but Shapovalov is already making some friends among the seasoned players.Just in the locker room, Mikhail Youzhny came up to me, and we started talking in Russian, Shapovalov said. When I was younger, I was at the Rogers Cup, I got a picture with him. He was a star for me. And now youre in the locker room with these guys.Its somewhere he should find himself a lot more often going forward. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Zack Greinke Jersey . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-yasmany-tomas-jersey . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Randy Johnson Jersey .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins placed forward James Neal on injured reserve Tuesday. Andrew Chafin Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have added experienced depth to their secondary by signing eight-year NFL veteran cornerback Mike Jenkins to a one-year contract.Jenkins, a first-round draft pick by the Dallas Cowboys out of South Florida in 2008, played the past two seasons for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He appeared in 14 games last season, five as a starter, with 14 tackles, five passes defensed and three special teams tackkles.ddddddddddddhe 31-year-old Jenkins was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2009. He has appeared in 101 games, 68 as a starter. Jenkins played five seasons with the Cowboys and one with Oakland before going to Tampa Bay.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.