el confident in my game that I can make

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.01.2019 10:53
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- Jaime Garcia turned back the clock to his childhood Friday night.Garcia pitched eight scoreless innings and had an RBI single to lead the St. Louis Cardinals to a 1-0 victory over the Atlanta Braves.I think I did it a bunch of times in Little League, Garcia said of the dual production. I think the only thing that would have made it better would be to hit a home run for the only run.Garcia (8-8) became the first Cardinals pitcher with the lone RBI in a 1-0 win since Harvey Haddix did it against Pittsburgh on July 17, 1955. Garcia struck out 11 as he topped the 100-strikeout mark for the third time in his career.Garcia entered the game with a .167 average and he wasnt about to puff out his chest about his production.Im not a good hitter, but I try my best to get a good swing at the ball, Garcia said.He pitched out of a two-on, no out jam in the fourth, striking out Freddie Freeman and Matt Kemp before getting Adonis Garcia to ground out. Freeman and Kemp, the Braves Nos. 3 and 4 hitters, were a combined 0 for 6 against Jaime Garcia with five strikeouts.Garcias two-out single in the second drove in Matt Holliday for the pitchers fourth RBI this season. Braves right fielder Jeff Francoeur thought he had a play on Holliday at the plate.It was just a bad throw, kind of straight in the ground, which I dont usually do, Francoeur said. So that was a frustrating one.Garcia needed just 89 pitches to get through eight innings, facing three batters over the minimum.You could tell the breaking ball and change-up were falling off the table, but he went to his sinker whenever he needed to and he wasnt even in a lot of deep counts, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Thats why he only threw 89 pitches through eight innings.Seung Hwan Oh got the last three outs for his ninth save.Braves right-hander Joel De La Cruz (0-4) gave up the run and two hits with five walks in 5 1/3 innings.Garcias effort aided a taxed Cardinals bullpen. Prior to his start, five of the last six St. Louis starters failed to pitch into the sixth inning.It was huge, trying to get our bullpen another full day, Matheny said. But we would have had Oh up and hot again so it wasnt like he was going to sit around.The Cardinals have won six of their last eight games at home to improve to 26-30 at Busch Stadium. St. Louis has won all four games this season against the Braves.Atlantas Ender Inciarte extended his hitting streak to 16 games by leading the game off with a single.Atlanta has lost eight of its last 11 games at St. Louis.HEAD OVER HEELSBraves 3B Adonis Garcia tumbled into the camera well next to the Atlanta dugout to make an acrobatic catch on Brandon Moss pop foul in bottom of the third inning.It was awesome, Francoeur said. I actually saw him from right field disappear and the next thing I saw was a baseball coming over the thing. It was a great play.WELCOME BACKCardinals All-Star INF Matt Carpenter returned from the disabled list after missing 24 games with a right oblique strain. LHP Dean Kiekhefer was optioned to Triple-A Memphis.TRAINERS ROOMBraves: RHP Julio Teheran (right lat strain) will play catch on Saturday, but there is no timetable for his return.Cardinals: LHP Tyler Lyons (knee) will miss at least a month, general manager John Mozeliak said.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Roberto Hernandez will make his Braves debut after being called up from Triple-A Gwinett Hernandez, formerly known as Fausto Carmona, has pitched for Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Los Angeles Dodgers and Houston.Cardinals: RHP Carlos Martinez (10-6, 2.99 ERA) leads all N.L. pitchers with a career-high 24 double plays induced. He is 2-0 with a 1.08 ERA in 16 2/3 career innings against the Braves. Jerryd Bayless Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Amir Johnson Jersey . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. http://www.official76ersproshop.com/kids-allen-iverson-76ers-jersey/ . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. Justin Anderson Jersey . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. Clarence Weatherspoon Jersey . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. In the days when Australias cricket team were all-conquering, Adam Gilchrist was frequently referred to as the sides allrounder, for his batting carried that kind of weight. On his recall to the national side in far grimmer times, Matthew Wades allround responsibilities appear to be threefold: batting, wicketkeeping and presence.While Wade insists that his glove work has gone up a notch or three since he was dropped for Brad Haddin ahead of the 2013 Ashes series, ending a run of 12 Tests behind the stumps, he also acknowledged his role around the team will be much more multifaceted than simply adding to his tally of dismissals. At a time when Australian batting could not be at a lower ebb, Wade must bring plenty of runs, after the fashion of his two commendable Test hundreds against the West Indies and Sri Lanka. In particular he must help to fashion lower-order partnerships to extract more value from the home sides tail - something he enjoys.I enjoy that part of the game, I enjoy the scrap, Wade said on Monday. I enjoy getting out there when our backs are to the wall. Hopefully that doesnt come in this Test, but if it does Im looking forward to getting out there and having a scrap, yeah.That liking for a scrap has not always paid off for Wade. He has got himself in trouble on the field for aggressive verbal exchanges, most recently in South Africa during the ODI series that preceded these Tests. But in the wake of the captain Steven Smiths plea for cricketers prepared to fight for the national team cause, a more pugilistic presence behind the stumps has helped push Wade ahead of Peter Nevill.I think I just bring what I bring for Victoria week in, week out, he said. Obviously Ive been picked for a reason and Ill just come and play my way. Ive been picked to come in and be a bit of a presence hopefully I suppose. I feel like being around one day international team for a while I can really lead as well.Ive been around for long enough it doesnt feel like Im coming in for my first game. I can come in and contribute and help the leaders out on the field. I dont go into any game looking to really get into anyones head. I just go out and play the way that I play.Im competitive. I like the contest. If an opportunity comes where I feel like I can contribute in that way to get benefit for the teeam then I will.dddddddddddd I certainly dont go out looking to target people, it just develops out on the ground.Underpinning all this will be Wades effectiveness or otherwise behind the stumps. Intriguingly, he has not worked specifically with any one mentor to improve his technique, whether it be footwork, softer hands or anticipation. But he acknowledges now that it was the art of wicketkeeping that got away from him at the time he was dropped from the Test side, meaning that much more emphasis on it this time around.Theres no doubt when I played Test cricket last time my wicket keeping was not where it needed to be so Ive worked hard on it and improvements have come, he said. So I feel confident in my game that I can make a contribution in the team. Thats what its all about.The good thing about wicket keeping is that everywhere you go generally you find a keeper. Ive done work with Heals [Ian Healy], Ive done work with Rod [Marsh], Ive done work with Tim Coyle. Ive worked with everyone. But in the end when youre out there and things arent going well youve got to try and work it out yourself and if you dont know your game 100% its going to be hard to get back.I just needed to keep better that was basically it. Three years ago was a long time ago so hard to remember exactly what the selectors told me at that time. But I knew I needed to work on my keeping at that stage, it was no surprise I was out of the team. But Ive worked hard on it and Im confident in it that I can contribute. Its not about my wicket keeping or my batting. Its about trying to find a way as a team to get some wins out.Winning culture is something Australia desperately need right now, in whatever form it takes. As Victorias captain, Wade has helmed consecutive Sheffield Shield triumphs for his state and just yesterday helped oversee a crushing win for the Bushrangers over their longtime rivals New South Wales at the SCG. It all helps.Ive played enough first-class cricket now and been around the Australian setup long enough to feel like I can go out and lead, he said. Whether its helping young guys, or helping the more experienced guys. Whatever the team needs, Ill be there to help out. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.