d by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 25.01.2019 12:23
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- The New York Yankees could be losing shortstop Derek Jeter again -- to yet another leg injury. An MRI exam revealed that Jeter has a strained right calf, the latest setback in a year already full of injuries for the team captain. The Yankees hope to know more about his condition before Monday nights game at the Chicago White Sox. "Who knows?" Jeter said when asked if hed be shut down again. "Im tired of trying to speculate. Its frustrating, so well see what happens tomorrow. "Its been terrible, like a nightmare," he added after the Yankees 6-3 loss to San Diego on Sunday. "The whole seasons been a nightmare, so I really dont know what to tell you. I wish that wasnt the case, we were sitting here talking about something other than injuries. Well see what happens. I have no idea." Jeter, 38, didnt play Saturday or Sunday against the Padres. "The odd thing is there was no play where it happened," Jeter said. "Usually, you feel it in a particular play, but I didnt feel it in any particular play. We got to L.A., I started to feel it Monday night, Tuesday on the off day after Sundays game. "Its different because when I did it last time, I felt it. I was running to first base, and I felt it. This time I didnt feel anything when I was playing. It was later on that night, the next day. So I cant pinpoint when it happened. I dont know when it happened. Maybe adrenaline got me through it. Anything would be speculation (if) I try to figure out when I did it." It did appear that Jeter took an awkward step while making a play in Friday nights 7-2 loss to San Diego. He also had an awkward slide into third base. In announcing Jeters latest injury, manager Joe Girardi said: "I cant tell you what that means or what were going to do with him. Im not sure what were going to do considering where we are at this point of the year." Asked before the game if hes concerned that Jeter keeps getting hurt, the manager said: "I think that if he had a normal spring training and he wasnt coming off an injury like he did, I dont think these things would be happening. My guess is next year will be different, but only time will tell. "Could it happen again?" Girardi said. "Yeah something could happen, because were at that time of year where we cant really afford to say, Take 25 days. You cant do that." Is the injury part of Jeter still favouring the left ankle he broke in last seasons AL championship series? "Youre asking me to play doctor or God, which is even harder. I cant do that," Girardi said. Girardi doesnt know if the new injury came about because of a strained right quadriceps that landed Jeter on the disabled list from July 12 until being activated last Sunday. Jeter is hitting .211 (4 for 19) with one home run and two RBIs. The Yankees got only 2 2-3 innings from Phil Hughes on Sunday and lost to Ian Kennedy in his Padres debut. "Its frustrating," Girardi said. "We had a chance to win the series and didnt. Were going to have to if were going to play in October." The Yankees are a season-worst 9 1/2 games out of first place in the AL East and 4 1/2 out in the race for the second wild-card spot. "Theres still a lot of time. The teams in front were going to play a lot, but you dont want to dig yourself a big hole," Girardi said. Hughes (4-10) had his second-shortest outing of the season, allowing five runs and six hits while striking out one and walking one. The Southern California native got through the first inning unscathed but was roughed up in the second and third innings. He allowed singles to Will Venable and Chris Denorfia opening the second before Mark Kotsay hit a sacrifice fly. He then walked Nick Hundley before Kennedy sacrificed ahead of Everth Cabreras two-run single. Hughes again put on the first two batters in the third, allowing a single to Alexi Amarista and walking Chase Headley, and again, both scored. Denorfia hit a sacrifice fly and Kotsay hit an RBI single with two outs, chasing Hughes. "He couldnt put people away," Girardi said. "The bottom line is, he didnt make pitches when he had to." Hughes, whos 0-3 in his last five starts, agreed. "I blew an opportunity there in the second to get an out, two outs, and it comes down to not making quality pitches when I had to," he said. "There were runners in scoring position and a lot of long counts and just a battle the entire time. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to execute a couple of big pitches with two outs." It was the sixth time this season hes gone four innings or fewer. NOTES: Yankees RHP Michael Pineda came out of his start with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Friday night with shoulder stiffness, and Girardi said he will be evaluated by doctors this week. Coming off April 2012 surgery to repair a torn labrum in his pitching shoulder, Pineda is 2-1 with a 3.32 ERA in 10 minor league starts this year. ... The Yankees open a three-game series at the Chicago White Sox on Monday night, with LHP Andy Pettitte (7-8, 4.28 ERA) scheduled to oppose LHP Jose Quintana (5-3, 3.62). Air Max 95 Womens Sale . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. Air Max 95 White . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. http://www.airmax95forsaleonline.com/ . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Air Max 95 Neon Green 2018 .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Cheap Air Max 95 Free Shipping . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. A toe injury has forced defender Bailey Wright out of the Socceroos squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Iraq and the United Arab Emirates.Coach Ange Postecoglou ruled England-based Wright out on Sunday, calling in Perth Glorys Josh Risdon to replace him.Bailey has a minor injury that he has been nursing and although he played for Preston overnight we thought it better for him to stay in the UK, Postecoglou said.We have two tough matches in quick succession and will need everyone ready to go.Risdon wwas to join his Socceroos teammates who began assembling in camp in Perth on Sunday ahead of the match against Iraq at NIB Stadium on Thursday and the clash with the UAE in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday week.ddddddddddddJosh Risdon has come into the group recently and equipped himself well and I have no doubt that he will do a job if required over the next two matches, said Postecoglou. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.