d It just says win or loss.While he will be h

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 25.01.2019 12:21
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- A Colorado woman who completed a nearly 82-mile swim across Lake Powell in 56 hours said Friday the vast distance wasnt her biggest fear.I wasnt concerned about the distance. I had trained and worked for that part, Sarah Thomas told The Associated Press a day after completing what is believed to be a record-breaking marathon swim. But how do you stay awake that long?Thomas, who was still in bed after sleeping nearly 12 hours, said she credits the little bit of caffeine in the liquid carbohydrate and electrolyte mixtures she consumed every 30 minutes during the swim.The 34-year-old from Conifer didnt stop swimming or get out of the water the entire time, allowing her to qualify for a possible record for an unassisted marathon swim.She had a team of 13 people with her who traveled by house boat and gave her food every half hour in the form of a water bottle tied to a cord.Thomas swam mostly freestyle but occasionally switched to backstroke or breaststroke to loosen up. The grueling swim made it difficult to walk afterward because her feet and body were so shaky.Exhausted and hungry, her first post-swim meal wasnt until breakfast the next day.This morning my husband tracked me down an omelet and some hash browns. I have to say it was the best food Ive had in my life, Thomas said.Thomas had done six major marathon swims since 2010, including efforts in Lake Tahoe and the English Channel. But none were as long as her journey on Lake Powell along the Arizona-Utah border.She initially planned to swim in the ocean off the California coast but decided a lake might be better and began a search for the right one.There are not a lot of lakes that are big enough and logistically make sense, she said.She chose Lake Powell for its amenities and proximity to Colorado.Her training consisted of at least 25 hours of swimming each week since April. At the peak, she averaged 50 miles a week.She said she was able to commit the time to training partly due to being able to work from home in her job as a hospital recruiter.The San Francisco-based Marathon Swimmers Federation will have the task of verifying Thomas swim.Co-founder Evan Morrison said two independent observers, who are well-known marathon swimmers as well, were present to see her swim.They have the knowledge and the credibility. Its not just Sarah asking her brother to come out and say `Oh yeah, my sister did this, Morrison said.A federation panel comprised of 16 members from the U.S. and other countries will review logs, GPS tracking data and any photos and video.Morrison expects everything to pass muster, calling Thomas one of the most well-respected and well-known swimmers in recent years.The current record holder for an unassisted solo, open-water swim is Australian swimmer Chloe McCardel. In October 2014, she swam 77.3 miles in the ocean in the Bahamas in a little over 41 hours.Thomas swim was in a body of water with no current impacting her.So, in one sense its a different category, Morrison said. In another sense, 81.8 miles is longer than 77.3. If ratified, it will be the longest unassisted solo swim in any body of water.Thomas has no plans for more marathons until the Cook Strait in 2018. In the meantime, she plans to just keep swimming. Distance, not speed, has always been the draw for her.I may not be the fastest but Im happy to keep going and going, she said.---AP reporter Josh Hoffner contributed to this report. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Jordan-Berry-Jersey/ . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-James-Conner-Jersey/ . PAUL, Minn. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Eli-Rogers-Jersey/ . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Tj-Watt-Jersey/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. http://www.steelersrookiestore.com/Steelers-Mike-Webster-Jersey/ . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Virginia Tech made it through a tough stretch of four road games in its last five outings and it returns home on Saturday with a chance to clinch a berth in the ACC championship game.The No. 18 Hokies (7-2, 5-1) would need No. 15 North Carolina lose at Duke on Thursday night and then beat Georgia Tech (5-4, 2-4), but either way, fullback Sam Rogers and the Hokies know their destiny is in their hands if they simply keep winning.Even if the Tar Heels should lose, the Hokies focus needs to be locked in on the Yellow Jackets.If you look too far ahead, youre going to trip on something right in front of you, and I honestly believe that, Rogers said Monday, so weve just got to worry about Georgia Tech right now and what happens at the end of the season is what happens.Nevertheless, they head into the weekend feeling good about the run they are on, winning four of their last five. Since getting a bit too full of themselves and losing 31-17 at Syracuse a month ago, theyve trounced Miami and won narrowly at Pittsburgh and at Duke.We feel like weve gotten some momentum now, Rogers said. We feel like were doing well game to game, but weve just got to keep preparing the exact same way, taking it one game at a time. Weve seen earlier in the year what its like to get too high on ourselves.The Hokies victory at Duke came despite a lackluster offensive performance, but that also built confidence.I honestly think thats really important, to show that when things are a little bit sloppy, we still just find a way to win because, at the end of the day, it doesnt say that it was a slloppy win or a very good loss, Rogers said.dddddddddddd It just says win or loss.While he will be happy to be back in Lane Stadium, first-year coach Justin Fuente said theres no sense of relief that the difficult road stretch is over because the Hokies havent achieved any goals they set just yet.I mean, were happy that we won the game last week, he said. I felt a sense of relief after it was over with. And I feel a strong sense of trying to get ready for Georgia Tech. Im happy that were playing at home, but I know we have a huge challenge. Like Ive talked about many weeks, the previous weeks dont really mean anything in terms of what were trying to accomplish this week.The Yellow Jackets have not had their typical high-powered offense. They rank 72nd nationally, scoring 27.2 points per game, and 70th in total offense, averaging 401 yards, but are still only one victory from a bowl berth.For Virginia Tech seniors like right tackle Jonathan McLaughlin, this time of year has often been one of desperation in recent seasons with the Hokies trying to rally to keep their 24-year bowl streak alive. Now, with the program on pace to get to the ACC championship game for the first time since 2011, theres no time to lose focus on the task at hand, he said.The only thing now is weve got to keep going, he said, take it one week at a time.---More AP college football: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Hank on Twitter: www.twitter.com/hankkurzjr Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.