leagues most productive bench, and Los

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.01.2019 13:16
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

It has been quite a year for George McPhee. In less than 12 months, he has had a consulting role with the New York Islanders, seen his son get drafted and then became the general manager of Las Vegas, the NHLs newest franchise. Now the real work starts as McPhee looks to build a competitive team from scratch -- just as soon as he sorts through the mountain of resumes on his desk. He spoke with ESPN.com recently over the phone from his office in Las Vegas.ESPN.com: How hectic have things been since you were announced as the teams GM on July 13?George McPhee: Were trying to get a little infrastructure here in place. When I do that, then Id like to build out the amateur scouting side of the organization. That would be the first priority, and then pro scouts and then were going to have other things.ESPN.com: So is being ready for that first amateur draft the top priority?GM: Weve got a heck of a lot of work to do. The expansion draft is just a couple of days before the entry draft. Were almost doing these things simultaneously. The only reason Im trying to get the amateur staff in place right now is because there is an amateur tournament being played next month. So I wanted to get the amateur [scouts] in place first and then work on the pros and hopefully by September weve got them all in place.ESPN.com: How many resumes have you received so far?GM: Ill bet that Ive had 600-700 texts, 300-400 emails, 60-70 phone calls. Its been unreal. Whats difficult is you let people know youll get back to them when we get organized. If they havent heard from you in a week, they start texting and emailing again.ESPN.com: Do you have any NHL Vegas memories of your own?GM: My first trip was with the Vancouver Canucks?[as director of hockey operations].?Pat Quinn just wanted the team to have a break on one of our trips. I was amazed then at the Strip. At all the activity and how beautiful the buildings were and the hotels. Once we got here, we didnt see the players for two days. As a staff, we had some great dinners. We actually saw Anne Murray in concert -- Canadians watching a Canadian. I think the best experience here was actually a family vacation. The league was having GM meetings at Lake Las Vegas so I came out earlier with my wife and my first two kids. It might have been one of the best vacations weve ever had. [My kids] were at that age where you could take them to different hotels with different themes, whether it was the tigers at one place or the aquariums at another. Taking them to a magician show or taking my daughter to Mama Mia. My kids had a blast.ESPN.com: Howd your daughter like Mama Mia?GM: She loved it. She was jumping up and down in her chair and my son was sleeping.ESPN.com: Your son, Graham, was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers in the fifth round in June, just a couple of weeks before you got the Vegas job. You were there as a father but also as an adviser for the Islanders. How was that experience?GM: The McPhees have had a very nice summer. Going to the draft with one of your own is very unique. They still feel so young to you. Then having them drafted, youre really happy for them. Im really proud of him. The message was simple: You dont want that to be the closest you ever get to the NHL. Now you get to work.ESPN.com: Was it painful watching him have to wait to hear his name?GM: You dont want them to have to wait too long. I think mentally he was prepared for it but, like all kids, theyre nervous before the draft and they just want someone to like them. Its one of those experiences Ill never forget. As a father, the whole thing is kind of a whirlwind because I was working with the Islanders and was at their table for most of the draft before I went up and sat with my son. Then a few days later, we were home and my son is already off at Boston College and I walked by his room and there is an Oilers jersey hanging from his door. Holy cow. This kid that still feels like a young boy is an NHL draft pick.ESPN.com: Making the past month even more emotional, your old coach at Bowling Green, Ron Mason, passed away barely two weeks before the draft.GM: That was a stunner. That was a real setback for a lot of people. It was just so unexpected. I just told my wife, Ive got to go, Ive got to get there [to Lansing, Michigan, for the funeral]. And Im glad I did. Thats a big loss. He was an outstanding hockey man. What was really neat about him is while you were playing for him, you were his player and the day you graduated you were his friend. He liked to have a beer with you and he was a good man.ESPN.com: What is it youll be looking for in a coach in Las Vegas?GM: We havent even started [looking] and probably wont until the new year. There are lots of coaching changes in a season, so we want to take a look at what might be there later in the year. A coach has to obviously understand the Xs and Os, but more importantly he has to be someone the players really respect. Not only as a coach but as a person. You want a guy thats a lot of things: smart, approachable, unflappable, confident, hard-working, organized, all of those things. Good with the community, good with the media. Thats the sort of thing well be looking for.ESPN.com: Have other GMs contacted you about staying away from their players in the expansion draft?GM: I called [Islanders GM] Garth Snow to say, Thanks for everything, it was a great experience and you really helped me get the other GM job. He said, Just remember that during the expansion draft. Then he said, Now that youre back to being a manager, I cant wait to see you look old again. Air Max 720 Cheap . Burke is expected to miss two to three months after breaking a finger in the teams third preseason game. Tinsley, a 10-year veteran, spent the last two seasons in Utah, where the point guard averaged 3. Cheap Air Max 720 China . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. http://www.discountairmax720.com/ .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Cheap Air Max 720 Free Shipping . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Air Max 720 Cheap Online .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. LOS ANGELES -- Guard Kobe Paras wont be attending UCLA this fall and wont be playing basketball for the Bruins.The school said Wednesday that Paras has withdrawn from school after failing to meet academic conditions that were part of his admittance.Paras had signed a national letter of intent with the Bruins during the early signing period last November. The 6-foot-5 guard spent the last two years in Los Angeles after growing up in the Philippines. He wwas a senior at Cathedral High School.ddddddddddddParas helped lead the Philippines to a gold medal in the FIBA Asia Under-18 3x3 championship in May 2013. He won the slam dunk contest at the FIBA 3x3 championships in June 2015 while representing the Philippines.Paras father, Benjie, played professionally in the Philippines. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.