ounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahom

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 19.01.2019 03:25
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Nobody buys a ticket to watch managers manage.So if Major League Baseball is in a charitable mood, refund checks will be in the mail for the 42,000-plus paying customers Saturday night who watched the Cubs beat the Dodgers 8-4 in the NL Championship Series opener at Wrigley.They got their fair share of exciting baseball, to be sure. But considering all the late-game maneuvering between the Cubs Joe Maddon and his Dodgers counterpart, Dave Roberts, youd think they were holding the Rosetta Stone instead of lineup cards. And theyre hardly the only ones guilty of overmanaging in this postseason.For those keeping score at home, Maddon used three relievers in the seventh inning, two more -- including regular closer Aroldis Chapman -- in the eighth and Hector Rondon to close out the ninth. Roberts used two in the eighth but probably wishes now it had been three, since that third guy, left-hander Grant Dayton, was warming up in the bullpen.The Dodgers began the eighth with right-hander Joe Blanton, then had him load the bases with two intentional walks, and left him in to face Cubs left-handed pinch-hitter Miguel Montero.Roberts rationale was that Chicago had enough pinch hitters available to get a favorable lefty-righty matchup either way. So he stuck with Blanton.Its more of, I trust Joe, Roberts said afterward. Ive trusted him all year long.Montero promptly blew a hole in that vote of confidence by driving a 0-2 pitch from Blanton into the right-field seats for a grand slam.At this point, it should be noted that the same seat-of-the-pants moves in the NLDS had us lauding Roberts for stealing the deciding game from the Nationals. But it could also be the case that Washington manager Dusty Bakers decision to go through his own relief corps like tissues was a big contributing factor.Second-guessing managers, especially guys as savvy as Maddon and Roberts, is usually a waste of time. Unlike Roberts, who is a rookie in the trade, Maddon has been at it for more than 10 years and unorthodox as hes been at times, hes got plenty of success to show for it.The strange thing is that he burned up his bullpen in Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants, got burned in a 6-5 loss and learned that Chapman, his 100-mph closer, might not be the best option when the Cubs need two innings and six outs instead of just one and three. Then Maddon watched San Franciscos Bruce Bochy plunder his bullpen the very next night and lose the series to Chicago.So youd think the memory of those two games back-to-back less than a week ago would still be fresh. And before the game, that appeared so.A thin starting rotation and a rash of injuries forced the Dodgers to lean heavily on their bullpen all season long. Considering that, Maddon was asked whether he anticipated having to make more moves to get the matchups he wanted.I think you sometimes get caught up in the other side way too much, he said. And I dont want to feed that to our players either.Not long after, in response to a question about pressure, Maddon continued the theme.I have a different take on things. Today is what, Oct. 15th? I really want to believe our guys are going to treat it like July 15th or Aug. 15th, he said. I know I am.Not exactly.It turns out Maddon called all his relievers together before the game.He said, `Everybody in here, be ready for everything, recalled Rondon, who pitched the ninth and got the save. For me, I dont care about the matchups. I feel like anybody in our bullpen can go lefty-righty. So maybe we learned from the situation tonight and tomorrow, we prepare better.Maybe.The Cubs have seen Maddon pull so many levers so often, theyll apparently take that on faith.Im never surprised with anything Joe does. He thinks outside the box, said catcher David Ross, who was behind the plate for all the pitching machinations. Hes the manager, were the players.But when somebody relayed Maddons remarks about our guys are going to treat it like July 15th or Aug. 15th, Ross couldnt stifle a laugh.Saw that happen, didnt you? he said.There was a lot cat-and-mouse going on that inning, he added a moment later, and it paid off for us.---Jim Litke is a sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at jlitke(at)ap.org and https://Twitter.com/JimLitke . Nike Free Online Sale . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. Nike Free Cheap Online . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. http://www.cheapnikefree.us/ . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Nike Free Discount . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Nike Free Shoes Sale . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. BOSTON -- Justin Alston scored 16 points, Cheddi Mosely added 15 and made four assists and Boston University used a big second half to pull away from Maine 102-78 on Saturday at BUs Steve Wright Classic tournament.Eric Fanning scored 14 points for the Terriers (2-1) and Destin Barnes added 10. The Terriers scored 21 points off of 13 Black Bears turnovers and made 12 of 27 3-pointers (44 percent).There were five lead changes and the Black Bears led by as many as six points before Fanning maade a 3-point play to spark an 8-0 Boston University run and the Terriers took a 43-30 halftime lead.dddddddddddd.Boston University pulled steadily away in the second half on 68.9 percent shooting (20 of 29). Will Goffs 3-pointer with six minutes left put the Terriers up by 34 points, their largest lead of the game.Andrew Fleming led Maine (1-2) with 17 points. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.