nd inside. He swung and missed, and catcher C

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 14.01.2019 12:45
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- A pitcher trying to rebuild his mechanics will oppose another trying to rebuild his career when the Seattle Mariners and the Los Angeles Angels meet Tuesday night at Angel Stadium.The Mariners are hovering within 2 1/2 games of the Baltimore Orioles, who hold the American Leagues second wild-card spot, and within 9 1/2 of the first-place Texas Rangers in the American League West.The Angels Alex Meyer, who came from the Minnesota Twins at the trading deadline, once was regarded as one of the major leagues best prospects. MLB.com ranked him 29th overall while BaseballProspectus.com listed the right-hander 15th before this season. Scouts like Meyers fastball, which can reach close to 100 mph, and his sharp curveball.The Washington Nationals selected Meyer in the first round of the 2011 draft, then traded him to the Twins for outfielder Denard Span in 2012. But shoulder injuries have hampered the right-handers progress and limited him this year to 29 innings covering eight games at four different levels, from the Arizona Rookie League to the American League.Meyer made his debut with the Angels on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics. The rookie conceded just one run and one hit while collecting five strikeouts in 3 1/3 innings but issued four walks and threw 68 pitches in a 4-1 loss.My command went in and out, Meyer told MLB.com. Sometimes, I get too excited and try to make a pitch before Im ready, or try to throw it harder than I should.Nevertheless, Angels manager Mike Scioscia would not let individual negatives diminish an overriding positive impression.His stuff is real, Scioscia told MLB.com. You saw a big arm. You saw a guy who wasnt missing by a lot, so he had an idea of where the ball was going. He lost his release point in a couple of stretches. But for the most part, it was good to see that stuff.The Mariners Taijuan Walker, meanwhile, is trying to recover from perhaps the worst performance of his major league career. On Sept. 3, Walker allowed five runs on six hits in only two-thirds of an inning in receiving his fourth consecutive loss, a 10-3 rout by the Angels.The right-hander told the Seattle Times that he was in shock after that performance. Then he met with pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre Jr. to discuss the changes the coach wanted to make to Walkers delivery.Walker, who had resisted those changes even during a personal six-game losing streak from May 1 to June 3, implemented them Thursday night against the Texas Rangers. Despite walking the first two batters he faced, the right-hander kept them from scoring. The Mariners 6-3 win enabled Walker to break his four-game losing streak.Afterward, Walker told the Seattle Times that the two early walks tempted him to jettison the new approach Stottlemyre wanted him to take.It was good that I stuck with it, Walker said. The first couple of innings, it was weird. It felt awkward. It was a little bit off. But I stuck with it. After the second inning, third inning, it just clicked. My timing was down and the tempo was better.Seattle manager Scott Servais expressed enthusiasm about Walkers performance, and hope for his future.I was as happy for a player as Ive been in a long time, Servais told the Seattle Times. After those two hitters, it would have been so easy to melt, and he didnt. Some of the adjustments that he made with his mechanics, I think theyre going to pay off. Sale Yellow Adidas Ultra Boost . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Mens Adidas Ultra Boost 2018 .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.cheapultraboostshop.com/ . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. Adidas Ultra Boost Outlet Online . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Cheap Adidas Ultra Boost 3.0 . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. NEW YORK -- Joe Maddon has no shortage of confidence in Jake McGee and Joel Peralta -- or the quality of New York Citys salsa. A day after his key relievers had had a rough outing that cost them the game against the Yankees, the manager met with them in the clubhouse over a snack to explain that he still trusted them in tough situations. On Sunday he showed it, calling on McGee and Peralta to hold the two-run lead the Rays took when James Loney hit a tiebreaking two-run single with two outs in the seventh inning. The bullpen put up zeros and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the New York Yankees 3-1. "Im a big chips and salsa man, and there was some excellent chips and salsa," Maddon said. "I wanted to talk to Jake and Joel. So I got a little bucket of salsa, a little bucket of chips and I sat down with both of them. "It was a good moment to just exchange thoughts, and I wanted them to know how much I believe in them, because that was a tough game for those guys," Maddon said. On Saturday, trying to protect a two-run lead, Peralta loaded the bases, and McGee walked in a run and allowed a three-run double in the seventh inning. On Sunday, Maddon didnt hesitate to go back to them. "It made me feel really, really good, you know?" Peralta said. "Thanks to Joe for putting me out there." Peralta got Robinson Cano, Travis Hafner and Lyle Overbay to fly out to centre after McGee pitched a scoreless, one-hit seventh. Then Fernando Rodney struck out the side in the ninth for his 15th save in 20 chances this season. Chris Archer pitched six innings of one-run ball for his first win in three starts since June 7 and the Rays earned a split of their four-game series in the Bronx after the Yankees celebrated their 67th Old-Timers Day. Archer (2-3) struck out four, allowed six hits, with a walk and a hit batter, and outdueled Ivan Nova, who returned to the Yankees rotation from the minor leagues and settled down after a shaky first inning. The Yankees right-hander came undone just enough in the seventh. Nova (2-2) left with two outs in the seventh after he hit Desmond Jennings and Ben Zobrist with pitches. Shawn Kelley walked Evan Longoria to load the bases and Boone Logan got to two strikes on Loney before the Rays first baseman lined a sharp shot up the middle. Joba Chamberlain came on and struck out Wil Myers to end the inning. That was another case of Maddon trusting a player. He briefly considered pinch-hitting, but decided to roll with Loney against a left-hander. "Im ggetting that chance here again like I did when I first started in the big leagues," said Loney.dddddddddddd "I was playing against lefties a lot, too. Its one of those things where Im glad to be back in that situation." Nova pitched himself out of a jam two innings before that. He walked Jose Molina to lead off the inning and allowed a two-out single to Desmond Jennings to bring up Ben Zobrist in a tough spot. After getting ahead of him 0-2, Nova threw Zobrist a curveball low and inside. He swung and missed, and catcher Chris Stewart pumped his fist and ran off the field. Nova finished with seven strikeouts in 6 2-3 innings, allowing 7 hits and three walks. "I thought he was really good," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "First inning he got his fastball up and then after that he was real good." Zobrist got the Rays on the board with an RBI single in the first as Nova laboured. Cano answered with a sacrifice fly caught on the warning track in the bottom half. Archer, too, settled down after that and worked with a quick tempo. Once Loney got the big hit for the Rays, Maddon could rest easy, turning the game over to his lock-down bullpen. "When guys have a tough day like that, and theyre your guys, theres no replacements there," Maddon said. "These are our guys. This is how we win this year. I believe in them. And they have to know that." NOTES: Maddons snack choice in a city held up for mockery in salsa commercials as the origin of subpar product may have been his boldest decision this weekend. That one worked out, too. "As it turns out ... the chips and salsa were outstanding," Maddon said. "I dont know where theyre from here in the city, but theyre really, really good." ... Loney finished with three hits and an intentional walk after hitting into a double play in the first inning. ... Molina easily stole a base in the top of the eighth inning. He took off for second, and Stewart couldnt corral a high pitch, allowing the sturdy catcher to take the base easily. ... With the Old-Timers lined up on the basepaths after being introduced, Yogi Berra was welcomed last. The 88-year-old Berra was brought out on a golf cart festooned with eight miniature American flags, and received a warm cheer. ... The Rays face Toronto on Monday night at home, where RHP Jeremy Hellickson (5-3, with a 5.50 ERA) will face RHP Esmil Rogers (3-2, 3.14). ... The Yankees are off Monday before hosting Texas for three games starting Tuesday night. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.