, and I was excited all night.HOMECOMINGLa

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.01.2019 09:28
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

A new era has begun in Ottawa, though the mandate remains the same: The Senators believe they are a playoff team after another offseason of shuffling.Former general manager Bryan Murray is now Ottawas senior hockey adviser and coach Dave Cameron is gone (fired) as is center Mika Zibanejad (traded). New GM Pierre Dorion and coach Guy Boucher are in charge now, and Derick Brassard is among the new arrivals.I still feel very confident that this is a playoff team, Dorion told TSN 1200 prior to the start of training camp. I dont want to speak too bluntly, but we feel good about what were doing and we feel good about the coaching staff we put in.Indeed, there are player personnel pieces in place for the Senators and their fans to feel good about, beginning with Norris Trophy finalist Erik Karlsson. Karlsson, 26, is coming off a 2015-16 campaign in which he was a point a game player (82 points in 82 games) while averaging 28:58 of ice time. The rest of the defense includes Marc Methot, Dion Phaneuf, Cody Ceci and a host of interchangeable blue liners.Up front, the Senators have skilled forwards in Brassard, Mark Stone, Mike Hoffman, Bobby Ryan, Kyle Turris and Jean-Gabriel Pageau.The question is whether the organizational reconstruction will lead the Senators back to the playoffs. It is likely that Florida and Tampa Bay will have the top two spots in the Atlantic Division in some order, so that leaves the third and final divisional playoff spot up for grabs, along with the two wild card slots.For the Senators a playoff berth, some things to watch this season:WHOS IN NET?Matt OConnor is the goaltender of the future. The present is made up of Craig Anderson (31-23-5, 2.78 goals against average, .916 save percentage, four shutouts) and Andrew Hammond (7-11-4, 2.65, .914, one shutout). Can OConnor beat one or both for a NHL job?WILL MACARTHUR RETURN?Top-six winger Clarke MacArthur only played in four games last season due to post-concussion symptoms. He sustained another concussion when he was hit by teammate Patrick Sieloff during training camp.We know his history, Boucher told reporters the following day. Its about health first, person first. Because of the history, were obviously going to be very cautious with the protocol.POWER FAILUREDespite the presence of Karlsson, who recorded 26 of his 82 points on the power play last season, the man advantage was a disadvantage for the Senators in 2015-16. The power play was tied for 26th in the league with a 15.8 percent success rate. Enter Boucher.I made my name with the power play, Boucher told The Ottawa Sun. I certainly dont want to change my strengths and thats why I was hired. I want to improve the power play. That fits me.MAN DOWN. WAY DOWNAs bad as the power play was for the Senators in 2015-16, the penalty kill was worse. Ottawas man down units ranked 29th in the NHL with a 75.8 percent success rate. That, in part, was why Boucher hired former NHL head coach Marc Crawford to be his associate coach.I wanted to get Marc Crawford to improve the penalty killing Boucher told The Sun. To focus on his strengths.DEFENSIVE DEPTHThe Feb. 9 nine-player blockbuster that brought Dion Phaneuf to the Canadian capital gave the Senators a left-handed shooting defenseman who can play against top competition. Thats likely still the organizational thought process, even though Phaneuf only played 20 games with the Senators last season before being shut down with a hairline fracture in his right foot and injured oblique. In 71 combined games with Toronto and Ottawa last season, Phaneuf averaged 22:20 of ice time, including 2:51 on the power play and 1:50 shorthanded. Wholesale Air Jordan 6 China . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. Air Jordan 6 Clearance . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. http://www.cheapairjordan6.us/ . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. Cheap Air Jordan 6 Sale .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Air Jordan 6 China . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. CLEVELAND -- One game off and few days of rest refreshed the Cavaliers Big 3.LeBron James scored 16 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter, Kyrie Irving matched a career high with 12 assists, Kevin Love scored 27 with 17 rebounds and Cleveland finally put away Los Angeles in the fourth quarter, beating the young Lakers 119-108 on Saturday night.The Cavs were back at full strength after coach Tyronn Lue left James, Love and Irving behind earlier this week for a game in Memphis, a decision that sparked some criticism as fans were denied a chance to see the three stars and Cleveland lost.Irving, who complained of tired legs before a game last week, looked more like himself in his first game since Dec. 10, finishing with 21 points as the Cavs improved to 19-6.It was just a needed rest for me, said Irving, who didnt get a break after Cleveland won the NBA title in June because he played for the U.S. Olympic team. For me, its just about being smart and not running into that wall completely. Im able to push through anything and my mind commands my body at the same time, its still about being smart.James, Irving and Love combined for 74 points, 30 rebounds and 25 assists.James, who missed the end of pregame warmups, national anthem and player introductions before running onto the floor just before the opening tip, took over in the fourth and needs just two points to move past Moses Malone (27,409) for eighth place on the career scoring list.Nick Young made eight 3-pointers and scored a season-high 32 for the Lakers, who snapped an eight-game losing streak on Friday in Philadelphia and were a headache for the defending NBA champions all night.The Lakers were still within 110-105 when James hit a 3-pointer in transition as the Cavs closed with a 10-3 run.Even though we lost, I liked the way we played and what we did, said Julius Randle, who added 16 points. Theyre a championship team, and we were right there with them until the end.Jordan Clarkson scored 20 points and Los Angeles rookie Brandon Ingram missed a triple-double by one point and an assist.Channing Frye and James each hit a 3 to help Cleveland to a 95-86 lead early in the fourth quarter, but the Lakers refused to give in and were right there when James pulled up and knocked down his crucial 3 with 2:32 left.I was just in rhythm in the fourth quarter, James said before explaining his reason for taking a risky shot. Thatts the time when a defense is at its relaxed point, bringing the ball up in transition and they really dont think youre going to take that shot.dddddddddddd I was in a great groove and I felt good when I let it go and I was able to knock it down.RING TIMEBefore receiving his NBA championship ring, Lakers center Timofey Mozgov, who spent 1 1/2 seasons with Cleveland, was mobbed by the Cavaliers at mid-court.I was really proud to be with this team, it was everything I could ask for, said Mozgov, who received a nice ovation from Cleveland fans and visited the Cavs locker room postgame. It was a happy memory, and I was excited all night.HOMECOMINGLakers forward Larry Nance Jr., who grew up outside Cleveland, played in his first regular-season game in his home state. His father, longtime Cavaliers forward Larry Nance, had his No. 22 retired by the franchise.It was really cool playing underneath my dads jersey, said Nance Jr., who scored two points in 27 minutes. I tried to approach it as a regular game, but anytime you play at home, it means a little more.Nance Sr. attended the game.J.R.S SHIRTJ.R. Smith -- known more for the shirts he hasnt worn -- drew attention for his postgame attire. The Cavs guard wore a black T-shirt that read, Cleveland. Its not that bad. Have a beer!TIP-INSLakers: G DAngelo Russell was inactive with a sore left knee that has bothered him most of the season. He scored 15 in Fridays win. ... Coach Luke Walton was an assistant with Golden State last season and said he has yet to watch Clevelands Game 7 win in the NBA Finals. You dont get over losing Game 7, he said. Youre happy for the guys here, but it sticks with you for the rest of your life.Cavaliers: Cleveland has won five straight over the Lakers. ... The Cavs have won 25 of their last 29 at home against Western Conference teams. ... Lue said he and general manager David Griffin are still discussing roster options after C Chris Birdman Andersen sustained a season-ending -- and likely career-ending -- knee injury in practice Friday. The Cavs have been looking to add a backup point guard, but may now also be in the market for a big.UP NEXTLakers: Continue their six-game trip at Charlotte on Tuesday.Cavaliers: At Milwaukee on Tuesday before hosting the Bucks on Wednesday. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.