st for The Associated Press. Write to h

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 02.01.2019 11:45
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

The Cleveland Cavaliers are coming to the White House.The White House says President Barack Obama will welcome the reigning NBA champions Thursday, two days after the presidential election.Obama extended the invitation in June, after the Cavaliers won the NBA Finals by defeating the Golden State Warriors?in seven games.In a congratulatory telephone call to Cavs coach Tyronn Lue, Obama invited the team to celebrate the championship with him at the White House before he leaves office.The visit will come a day before the teams Nov. 11 matchup with the Washington Wizards.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Nike Air Huarache Clearance . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Nike Air Huarache Cheap . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. http://www.airhuarachediscount.com/ .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Nike Air Huarache Discount .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Discount Nike Huarache Shoes . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. CHICAGO -- Nobody buys a ticket to watch managers manage.So if Major League Baseball is in a charitable mood, refund checks will be in the mail for the 42,000-plus paying customers Saturday night who watched the Cubs beat the Dodgers 8-4 in the NL Championship Series opener at Wrigley.They got their fair share of exciting baseball, to be sure. But considering all the late-game maneuvering between the Cubs Joe Maddon and his Dodgers counterpart, Dave Roberts, youd think they were holding the Rosetta Stone instead of lineup cards. And theyre hardly the only ones guilty of overmanaging in this postseason.For those keeping score at home, Maddon used three relievers in the seventh inning, two more -- including regular closer Aroldis Chapman -- in the eighth and Hector Rondon to close out the ninth. Roberts used two in the eighth but probably wishes now it had been three, since that third guy, left-hander Grant Dayton, was warming up in the bullpen.The Dodgers began the eighth with right-hander Joe Blanton, then had him load the bases with two intentional walks, and left him in to face Cubs left-handed pinch-hitter Miguel Montero.Roberts rationale was that Chicago had enough pinch hitters available to get a favorable lefty-righty matchup either way. So he stuck with Blanton.Its more of, I trust Joe, Roberts said afterward. Ive trusted him all year long.Montero promptly blew a hole in that vote of confidence by driving a 0-2 pitch from Blanton into the right-field seats for a grand slam.At this point, it should be noted that the same seat-of-the-pants moves in the NLDS had us lauding Roberts for stealing the deciding game from the Nationals. But it could also be the case that Washington manager Dusty Bakers decision to go through his own relief corps like tissues was a big contributing factor.Second-guessing managers, especially guys as savvy as Maddon and Roberts, is usually a waste of time. Unlike Roberts, who is a rookie in the trade, Maddon has been at it for more than 10 years and unorthodox as hes been at times, hes got plenty of success to show for it.The strange thing is that he burned up his bullpen in Game 3 of the NLDS against the Giants, got burned in a 6-5 loss and llearned that Chapman, his 100-mph closer, might not be the best option when the Cubs need two innings and six outs instead of just one and three.dddddddddddd Then Maddon watched San Franciscos Bruce Bochy plunder his bullpen the very next night and lose the series to Chicago.So youd think the memory of those two games back-to-back less than a week ago would still be fresh. And before the game, that appeared so.A thin starting rotation and a rash of injuries forced the Dodgers to lean heavily on their bullpen all season long. Considering that, Maddon was asked whether he anticipated having to make more moves to get the matchups he wanted.I think you sometimes get caught up in the other side way too much, he said. And I dont want to feed that to our players either.Not long after, in response to a question about pressure, Maddon continued the theme.I have a different take on things. Today is what, Oct. 15th? I really want to believe our guys are going to treat it like July 15th or Aug. 15th, he said. I know I am.Not exactly.It turns out Maddon called all his relievers together before the game.He said, `Everybody in here, be ready for everything, recalled Rondon, who pitched the ninth and got the save. For me, I dont care about the matchups. I feel like anybody in our bullpen can go lefty-righty. So maybe we learned from the situation tonight and tomorrow, we prepare better.Maybe.The Cubs have seen Maddon pull so many levers so often, theyll apparently take that on faith.Im never surprised with anything Joe does. He thinks outside the box, said catcher David Ross, who was behind the plate for all the pitching machinations. Hes the manager, were the players.But when somebody relayed Maddons remarks about our guys are going to treat it like July 15th or Aug. 15th, Ross couldnt stifle a laugh.Saw that happen, didnt you? he said.There was a lot cat-and-mouse going on that inning, he added a moment later, and it paid off for us.---Jim Litke is a sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at jlitke(at)ap.org and https://Twitter.com/JimLitke . Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.