said Patterson still has plenty to learn as the Rebels

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 11.12.2018 15:32
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

STOCKHOLM -- U.S. goalkeeper Hope Solo says shes received offers to play overseas and could even continue her career in Sweden, where fans were enraged when she described their national team as cowards.In a talk show aired late Friday on Swedish television network SVT, Solo said she was still reeling from being kicked out by the U.S. Soccer Federation, and suggested it was partly due to her advocacy for womens rights.I dont really know where Im going with my life right now, she said. It is still very painful. But to be honest, the past 30-plus days Ive had the opportunity to be home. And not travel as much. And to enjoy my family, my dogs, and my husband.Solo, who announced her departure from the Seattle Reign of the National Womens Soccer League at the end of August, insisted she hasnt retired.I have had a lot of offers to play overseas. So maybe Sweden will welcome me back, she said, without elaborating.She apologized for saying Sweden played like a bunch of cowards after they eliminated the U.S. in the quarterfinals of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, saying she wasnt talking about the players or the coach, but their style of play.It wasnt very Olympic-spirited, Solo said.The USSF suspended Solo for six months and terminated her contract, saying it was the result of missteps.There are more layers to it that I dont think everybody quite understands, Solo said in the interview, which was pre-recorded in New York on Sept. 22. I believe the federation used my comment, saying the word `cowards, to terminate me.When talk show host Fredrik Skavlan asked if she meant there were other reasons for it, Solo said: Ive been the lead voice behind the push for equal pay. In fact, in all the court documents, it says Hope Solo vs. United States Soccer Federation.Solo and four other U.S. players accused the USSF of wage discrimination in an action filed with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in April.This is a fight worth fighting, and Im going to be on the right side of history at the end of all of this, Solo said in the interview.She has had plenty of run-ins with teammates and coaches over the years. She still faces a possible trial on misdemeanor domestic violence charges after a 2014 incident at her sisters home. She served a monthlong suspension last year for being in a team van when her husband was arrested on drunken-driving charges.Solo became the first goalkeeper with 100 international shutouts just before the Olympics when the United States defeated South Africa 1-0 in Chicago. The 35-year-old Solo has 153 career victories and 102 clean sheets. Jerseys NBA Cheap . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. NBA Jerseys China . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. http://www.cheapjerseysnba.us/ . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. NBA T-shirts From China .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Disocunt Basketball Jerseys . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippis Shea Patterson was nervous in the moments before Gary Wunderlich lined up for a game-winning field goal attempt against Texas A&M, so the quarterback said a few encouraging words to his kicker.Wunderlich then nailed the 39-yarder for a 29-28 win over the then-No. 10 Aggies.After the game, the kicker had a good-natured message for Patterson: Dont do that again.He doesnt like people talking to him when he goes out there, Patterson said with a sheepish grin.Turns out even a precocious freshman like Patterson has a few things to learn on the field, even if his college debut was a stunning success in nearly every other facet . Patterson finished 25 of 42 passing for 338 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He also ran for 64 yards.The raw numbers were certainly impressive. The fact he led a come-from-behind win in front of more than 100,000 fans in a road environment against a nationally ranked team makes it even more astounding.I thought Shea handled himself well, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said. I really believed he would or I wouldnt have done what I did in pulling his redshirt.Freeze had originally planned to redshirt Patterson this season. The 6-foot-2, 200-pounder was one of the nations top quarterback recruits last year, but he was stuck behind senior Chad Kelly, who threw for more than 4,000 yards in 2015.But Kelly tore two knee ligaments in a Nov. 5 game against Georgia Southern, pushing Patterson into the spotlight one year earlier than expected.The Shreveport, Louisiana, native was a little shaky at first against Texas A&M, but improved as the game progressed. Ole Miss trailed 21-6 after three quarters, but Patterson led the Rebels on four scoring drives in the fourthh quarter, including the game-winner that ended with Wunderlichs field goal.ddddddddddddI never really felt pressure, Patterson said. Having that offensive line in front of me and having those receivers making plays for me made my job a lot easier.Freeze said Patterson still has plenty to learn as the Rebels (5-5, 2-4 Southeastern Conference) try to become bowl eligible for a fifth straight season. Ole Miss travels to play Vanderbilt (4-6, 1-5) on Saturday.The coach would like to expand the playbook some against the Commodores, especially since Vanderbilts strength is a defense that is giving up 22 points per game, which ranks sixth out of 14 teams in the SEC.Against Texas A&M, the playbook was limited.The second half we ran four plays, really, when you get down to it, Freeze said.Now Patterson is dealing with the playbook along with his newfound celebrity on campus.The Ole Miss fan base has been melancholy for most of the fall after early losses to Alabama and Florida State derailed any hope of a dream season. But Pattersons debut has given the program a much-needed lift.He said he had around 300 text messages after the game from well-wishers, but is confident he can keep his focus on the field in the seasons final weeks.We have a great group of seniors in (tight end) Evan Engram and (offensive lineman) Robert Conyers keeping me level-headed throughout the game, Patterson said. They just made my job so easy. So I just try to control what I can control and do what I can to help the team win.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.