e Roberts said about Thompson. With who we

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 15.01.2018 12:05
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

AKRON, Ohio -- Phil Mickelson has no doubt what will be most remembered from his career. "It will always be the 04 Masters and showing off my Olympic jumping ability," he cracked of his celebratory hop, which will never be mistaken for Michael Jordan leaving the launch pad. But theres also no question in his mind of what he thinks is his most significant victory. "For me, personally, (winning) the British Open is the greatest accomplishment I could ever get in my career," he said Tuesday, nine days after capturing the claret jug at Muirfield with a stirring final-round flourish. After a week off, preparing on Monday for next weeks PGA Championship and now trying to focus on this weeks Bridgestone Invitational, Mickelson remains stunned that he actually won an event he thought would always be out of his grasp. He still isnt convinced he actually did it. "Im looking forward to in the coming years looking back and remembering Muirfield, remembering the 13 Open and remembering all the things that happened on that back nine," he said during preparations for the Bridgestone Invitational, which begins Thursday. Mickelson always felt an affinity for Augusta National and the Masters, where he won in 2004, 06 and 10. He erased all the speculation of whether he would ever win a major in 2004, when he rolled in the clinching birdie putt on the 18th and "leaped," his spikes barely leaving the ground. "I always knew that I was going to win the Masters because I had played well there for so many years," he said. He also believed he could win a PGA Championship, which he crossed off his list in 2005 at Baltusrol. Sure, there was the lingering heartache of continually being a bridesmaid at the U.S. Open -- a record six times. But at least he was a threat to win it many years. He thought he did this year at Merion. But he was wrong, as were all of those who thought he was a lock to win Americans national championship at some point long before this. "I had something happen to me Sunday morning of the U.S. Open that was really weird," he said in an almost conspiratorial tone. "When I woke up, I had dreamt that I had already won the U.S. Open." He felt euphoria. He felt himself lifting the trophy, the gallery roaring for a long awaited and much anticipated triumph. "It took me over a minute to realize that I havent played the final round and that Ive still got to go out and do it," he said. "And I still have not won it." The British Open, however, was never his cup of Earl Grey. He floundered in the wind and sideways rain, struggled in the heather and high weeds, fell apart while others made late charges. He was seldom even near the leaderboard. But that all changed at Muirfield. Hes still pinching himself. "It was so difficult for me to play my best golf in the British Open under those conditions than any other tournament," he said. "To win that is the greatest accomplishment for me in my career." Now hes trying to focus on whats next, instead of what just happened. Thats not easy, but he shows signs of coming out of his post-Muirfield celebration, just in time for the final major of the year, the PGA at Oak Hill. "Theres an opportunity to add to this year and make it every bit as special as it can be," he said, looking ahead. "I want to make sure I give myself every chance to play well because Ive been playing some of my best golf the last few months." Hes primed to continue it. His close friend and Ryder Cup partner, Keegan Bradley, was joking around with Mickelson a couple of days ago. Bradley is the defending champion of the Bridgestone, and teased Mickelson about the lofty title placed on every British Open champion. "We were double-checking that we were going to play (a practice round at the Bridgestone) on Tuesday, and I said, I know youre the Champion Golfer of the Year, but Ill teach you how to play Akron if you want. He only responded with, I won there when you were 9 years old." Ducks Jerseys China . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Wholesale Ducks Jerseys Free Shipping .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. http://www.wholesaleducksjerseys.com/ . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Cheap Ducks Jerseys . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Wholesale Ducks Jerseys . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. PHOENIX -- The Los Angeles Dodgers placed outfielder Trayce Thompson on the 15-day disabled list because of lower back irritation Saturday before their game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.Thompson was hitting .225 with 13 home runs and 32 runs batted in in 80 games for the Dodgers. He hasnt played since July 10 and has dealt with back trouble since before then.The Dodgers called up outfielder-infielder Zach Walters from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Saturday. Walters is hhitting .dddddddddddd298 with 10 home runs and 47 RBI this season in the minors.He just couldnt be the player that he was, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said about Thompson. With who we have left in the season, we didnt want to put him in harms way, so we felt that with the opportunity to have some days back-dated ... it just made sense to us. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.