ugh going into the break.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watc

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 15.01.2018 12:03
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Nyquist is in the news again. Remember him? The Breeders Cup Juvenile winner, 2-year-old male champion, and undefeated hero of the Kentucky freakin Derby? All it took was two high-profile losses for him to be relegated to yesterdays fishwrap, a one-hit wonder. This years Super Saver. Orb in West Coast drag.Is this a tough room or what?In the most recent NTRA Top Thoroughbred poll -- comprised of 39 votes from an assortment of industry pundits -- Nyquist was still clinging to the No. 10 spot, compared to No. 6 for fellow 3-year-old Arrogate. His greatest sin, despite a record of 8 for 10, seems to be that he has not lived up to the standard set by American Pharoah. Good luck with that.Paul Reddams champ has been out of sight and nearly everyones mind since finishing fourth in the Haskell. He had been training at Del Mar, but Doug ONeill thought a change of scenery would help the cause -- there was something about a growth spurt -- so he dispatched Nyquist to San Luis Rey Downs, a Southern California training center so out of the way that GPS has yet to find it on the map.No kidding, said Kevin Havell, manager of San Luis Rey Downs. GPS takes you way over there to Lilac Road. We get delivery guys calling us all the time asking, Where are you?With such technological anonymity comes peace of mind. Horses loll around at San Luis Rey like box turtles. The only thing they look forward to more than feed time is a nap. Sure, they put in the hard work of racehorses in the morning -- Peter Miller wins training titles out of San Luis Rey -- but when the afternoon comes and the breeze from the Pacific crests the surrounding hills, it is easy to forget the hubbub of a racetrack backstretch full of 1,500 anxious animals and the attendant human traffic.The vacation is almost over, said Jonny Garcia on Monday morning, not long after giving Nyquist a solid jog around San Luis Reys dirt mile.Garcia has been riding Nyquist since the colt arrived at Santa Anita fresh from a 2-year-old sale. He has followed him to Keeneland, Gulfstream Park, Churchill Downs, Pimlico, and Monmouth Park, and now they are on the road again to Parx, near Philadelphia, for the $1.25 million Pennsylvania Derby on Saturday.At Parx, Nyquist will face his old pal Exaggerator, who beat him on sloppy tracks in both the Preakness and the Haskell Invitational. The forecast for Saturday calls for neither rain nor the presence of Arrogate, the runaway winner of the Travers, so the two classic winners should have the headlines to themselves.Exaggerator still needs to prove he can win a big one on a dry track, while Nyquist must quell any notions that the division has left him behind as the champion of the first five months of the year. This usually gets you nothing.In his favor, Nyquist has been working like he means it at San Luis Rey, with a progressively faster series of miles over the deepish, sandy loam. Nyquists most recent 1:38.20 under Garcia last weekend was as good as a horse should work.I know hes grown, and he feels stronger, Garcia said. His stride is bigger. I like to start him out relaxed in his work, then pick it up after about three-eighths and finish steady.When he is at his best, that is exactly how Nyquist runs his races. In his last two starts -- not coincidentally his only two losses -- he has been asked to press a fast pace. This is not his style, and at the same time, there is no reason to believe that a false pace would ever compromise his chances. He is the ultimate stalker.Garcia, 30, has been with the ONeill stable for nine years. Clearly, the trainer trusts him with the best. Garcias headline horses prior to Nyquist were Derby-Preakness winner Ill Have Another and two-time Breeders Cup Dirt Mile winner Goldencents.When Garcia says that Nyquist has never changed, he is talking about a relatively mellow equine personality that was transparent from the start. Even his quirks have persisted.Yes, look at the back wall, Garcia said, and sure enough, there were the telltale Nyquist teeth marks that have appeared in every stall hes ever occupied.But even the easygoing have their limits. ONeill thought a few sessions in the San Luis Rey equine swimming pool would do Nyquist a world of good, as it has for any number of horses who trend a little sour on the daily grind.First time in, he was great, said San Luis Reys Havell. Usually, when that happens, theyre golden. But when he went back in, he froze. It was clear he wanted out, so we certainly dont push them into having a bad experience. That was the end of the pool for him.What began as a two-week aqua-therapy break turned into six weeks of training-center bliss for Nyquist. And if hes not ready to pick up where he left off after winning the Kentucky Derby, hes been fooling a lot of people. Garcia doesnt think so.We leave here Wednesday, gallop there Thursday and Friday, win on Saturday, and come home to Santa Anita on Sunday, he said with a smile. Then back to work on Monday. Womens Michael Jordan Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Youth Michael Jordan Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. http://www.michaeljordanjersey.com/ . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Swingman Michael Jordan Jersey . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. Red Michael Jordan Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from.Rory McIlroy lifted his spirits as he bounced back from a flat opening day with a second-round 68 at the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai. McIlroys first-day 75 was his worst score in 29 rounds over the Earth Course at the Jumeirah Golf Estates, but he rallied early on Friday morning and carded six birdies against a pair of bogeys to move to one under for the event.The defending champion offset a birdie at the second by dropping a shot at the short fourth for the second day running, but he suddenly found his range with the putter and reeled off three consecutive birdies from the sixth. Rory McIlroy moved up the leaderboard with a second-round 68 The 27-year-old bogeyed the ninth, but he emulated Thursdays birdies at 14 and 18 in an error-free inward nine, holing out on the last an hour before the final pairing of Lee Westwood and Julien Quesne had begun their rounds. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price McIlroy, out in the second group of the day alongside Ryder Cup team-mate Andy Sullivan, admitted afterwards it was rare for him to have such an early tee time. McIlroy was out in the second group of the day with Andy Sullivan Its been a while actually, hhe told Sky Sports 4.dddddddddddd Obviously its not what Im used to here. I played well here quite a few times in the past and yesterday was disappointing, but I played a bit better today. Hopefully Ill get a couple more hours in bed tomorrow morning. Any time I get to play with Sully, I really enjoy it. We both played better and had a good laugh out there and enjoyed it. And in fairness, I was looking forward to getting out this morning, because I felt the greens yesterday afternoon got very grainy and quite difficult to read. I felt like I had a chance to hole some more putts and I was able to do that.Mentally yesterday I was still on holiday I think. I was very, very flat and just wasnt really with it, wasnt at the races. Yeah, I felt a bit better out there today, but yeah, just wasnt quite with it yesterday. McIlroy felt the greens were easier to read early in the day I guess if Im within sort of eight or nine shots going into the weekend, I still feel like I have a decent chance. If Im too far back, then I dont think Ill be able to make up that much ground. But if I can keep improving each and every day, then I might not be too far away at the end of the week.Ive shot some really good scores here in the past, and if I can emulate that and shoot a couple really good ones over the weekend, Id be happy enough going into the break.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Westwoods World Cup snub Mannequin Challenge in Dubai Golf live on Sky Sports 4 European Tour Schedule Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.