k in San Francisco before calling his final game bet

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 20.09.2018 15:52
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- The first Jesse Owens Olympic Spirit Award will recognize the late Muhammad Ali.The Owens Award was started this year, the 80th anniversary of Owens four-gold-medal performance at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, and is to be presented annually to recognize those who have served as an inspiration in society.Owens granddaughter, Marlene Dortch, will present the award to Alis widow, Lonnie, at next weeks Best of the Games awards ceremony.Ali won a gold medal at the 1960 Olympics in Rome and won three world heavyweight championships in 1964, 1974 and 1978. Corey Grant Jersey . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Dawuane Smoot Jersey .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. http://www.thejaguarsfansshop.com/Jaguars-Barry-Church-Draft-Jersey/ . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. Jalen Ramsey Jersey . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Andrew Norwell Jersey . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. SAN FRANCISCO -- The Latest on Vin Scullys final broadcast for the Los Angeles Dodgers (all times local):3:25 p.m.Vin Scully has signed off for the last time, ending 67 years behind the mic for the Dodgers.After pinch-hitter Rob Segedin flied out to left field to end a 7-1 loss to the Giants in San Francisco, Scully spotted the umpires bidding him farewell from the field.Scully closed his broadcast by telling viewers, I have said enough for a lifetime and for the last time I wish you a very pleasant good afternoon.His work wasnt done just yet.Scully narrated a video of his own career highlights before he returned to the screen with a message that was taped before the game.He told viewers hed miss our time together more than I can say.Then he closed again, reciting a familiar and favorite line among Dodgers fans: This is Vin Scully wishing you a very pleasant good afternoon wherever you may be.---2:35 p.m.Giants broadcaster Mike Krukow used the seventh-inning stretch to salute Vin Scully. He thanked Scully for 67 incredible years that youve given baseball and for ending his career in San Francisco.Krukow urged fans to sing along as he led Take Me Out to the Ball Game.Scully got on his feet in the booth next door and sang along. He laughingly shouted Dodgers instead of Giants during the portion of the song that says root, root, root for the (home team).---Vin Scully is telling viewers his love affair with baseball began on Oct. 2, 1936, when he passed a Chinese laundry in New York and saw the linescore from Game 2 of the World Series that day. It read: Yankees 18, Giants 4.When Scully saw the regular season schedule ended on Oct. 2, 80 years to the day he fell in love with the game, he knew he had to call his final game in San Francisco.It was as if it was ordained that I do that, he told viewers. I hope youre enjoying it and I hope Im not interrupting it too much.---2 p.m.Vin Scully is sharing the booth with members of his extended family.He says having them around is quite a way to celebrate the last game of his 67-year career. Scully and wife Sandi have five children, 16 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.With the camera on him, Scully turned to his brood and told them it was time for him to go back to work.I love you, see you later, he said.---1:45 p.m.Vin Scully was slightly late coming back on the air for the fourth inning of the Dodgers-Giants game.Returning from commercial, viewers got to see Scully, with his arm around Willie Mays, reading aloud the words on a plaque honoring him outside the visiting booth at AT&T Park.Scully says Mays is his favorite player. However, as a boy growing up in New York he idolized Mel Ott.With Scully looking into the camera, he said the Giants gave him a ticket stub to the game in which Ott hit his 500th career home run.He held up a blue cap worn by the Giants in the 1930s, noting they once wore the Dodgers color.In the middle of the fourth, Giants fans held up giveaway cards reading THANK YOU VIN and turned them toward Scullys booth as Frank Sinatra sang My Way.The Giants inserted `TNX VIN on the scoreboard.Scully says he can root for the Giants now when theyre in New York playing the Mets.He scolded himself, saying, Now stop jabbering Scully and get back to the ballgame.---1:15 p.m.The Giants are tuurning the call of the third inning on their broadcast against the Dodgers over to Vin Scully.ddddddddddddScully says the Dodgers biggest rivals are allowing me a chance to get my feet wet.He says he wants to use the opportunity to salute San Francisco broadcasters Jon Miller, Dave Flemming, Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow, describing them as marvelous and close pals of mine.Scully says he always makes time to visit with them while in town and as my mother used to say, chew the fat.Scully confided to viewers that they are terrific guys, but dont tell them I said so.---12:35 p.m.Vin Scully is giving viewers some tidbits on the origin of the Giants-Dodgers rivalry.He says it started in 1933 when the Giants won the World Series and the Brooklyn Dodgers finished 26 + games back.The following year at spring training, Giants manager Bill Terry was asked about the Dodgers.Terry says he hadnt heard anything from them and he wondered if they were still in the league.Scully says the Dodgers were furious at Terry and the Giants, adding, The borough of churches was anything but.---12:10 p.m.Vin Scully has opened his final broadcast with the words: Hi everybody, and a very pleasant Sunday afternoon to you wherever you may be.In his initial comments to viewers, Scully made no mention of his impending retirement. He mentioned the Giants in the NL wild-card race and their starting pitcher Matt Moore, comparing him to the girl with the curl.As he says, When she was good she was very, very good and when she was bad she was horrid.Scully used the story as a way into explaining Moores extreme performances, but quickly added that it was no slam on Moore.The umpiring crew turned to face Scullys booth and saluted him before first pitch.The Giants have been showing highlights of some of Scullys famous calls over his 67-year career.---11:35 a.m.Vin Scully has attended Mass at AT&T Park in San Francisco before calling his final game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and their biggest rival, the Giants.Scully has been riding in and out of the ballpark on Willie Mays golf cart. He had some time to reminisce with the Say Hey Kid on Saturday.Fans received a poster with a photo of Scully in an orange sport coat. On the back, it reads THANK YOU VIN.The Giants are naming the visiting broadcast booth in Scullys honor.---11:20 a.m.After more than 9,000 games, 21 no-hitters and three perfect games, Vin Scully is preparing to call the final game of his 67-year career for the Los Angeles Dodgers against the Giants in San Francisco on Sunday.The 88-year-old Hall of Fame broadcaster has reduced his travel in recent years, but he made an exception to call the teams last three games of the regular season in the Bay Area. The NL West champion Dodgers are headed to the postseason, but Scully wont be working those games.Scullys call will be simulcast in its entirety on two Los Angeles TV stations and one radio station. The Giants plan to air his description of the third inning on their broadcast.Last weekend, Scully was farewell-feted by Dodgers fans in Los Angeles, where he closed out his final home game with him singing a pre-recorded version of Wind Beneath My Wings. Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Stitched Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys 2019 Black China NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.