NEW YORK -- The stands were filled and the fences were much closer. [url=http://www.officialduckshockeyauthentic.com/cam-fowler-

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 05.01.2018 06:42
von jokergreen0220 • Gaser Lehrling III | 179 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The stands were filled and the fences were much closer. Cam Fowler Jersey . Chris Young and the New York Mets certainly enjoyed the cozy confines across town. Young hit a tiebreaking homer in the eighth inning, Jenrry Mejia provided a jolt after his reluctant move to the bullpen and the previously punchless Mets went deep four times to rally past the banged-up Yankees 9-7 Monday night in the Subway Series opener. The crowd of 46,517, chanting back and forth, included Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra -- who received a warm hand on his 89th birthday -- and a large throng of Mets fans in left field wearing orange shirts that read "Bronx Invasion." "It was like a big party out there in the outfield, and it keeps you in the game," said Young, who played centre and left. "I was saying that I was having the most fun that Ive had even before the home run." After going 4-0 last year for their first season sweep of the Yankees, the Mets picked up right where they left off last May. Curtis Granderson connected in his return to Yankee Stadium, and the Mets also got long balls from Eric Young Jr. and Travis dArnaud while overcoming a pair of three-run deficits. Lumbering first baseman Lucas Duda turned in two spectacular defensive plays, starting a game-ending double play with runners at the corners by making a diving stop of Brian McCanns sharp grounder. Taking full advantage of a hitter-friendly ballpark, rather than the vast dimensions back home at Citi Field, the Mets hit four home runs in a game for the first time since May 3, 2013, in Atlanta, according to STATS. They began the day ranked 29th in the majors with 22 homers. "Part of it is being here," Mets manager Terry Collins explained, referring to both the fences and the environment. "This atmosphere creates intensity and creates focus, and guys are excited about being here." Brett Gardner hit an early grand slam off ex-Yankee Bartolo Colon, and Derek Jeter had three hits for the first time since Sept. 30, 2012, in Toronto. Carlos Beltran left in the seventh with a hyperextended right elbow and was scheduled to have an MRI. Beltran, the designated hitter, got hurt working in the indoor cage between at-bats. "Im concerned because it was enough to take himself out of the game," manager Joe Girardi said. Bumped into a struggling bullpen before the game, Mejia (4-0) entered in the seventh for his first relief appearance since September 2012. He struck out Alfonso Soriano on three pitches and worked a scoreless eighth. Mejia sure seemed to relish the role -- even though he made it clear he wanted to stay in the rotation because he was concerned about injuring his surgically repaired arm again. The right-hander excitedly pumped his fist after a double play and then backed his way off the mound following a called third strike that ended the eighth. "It feels pretty good. Ive got to enjoy it," a smiling Mejia said. "If they need me in the bullpen Ive got to be there because I never play for myself." Kyle Farnsworth pitched a shaky ninth for his third save -- aided by Mark Teixeiras nagging groin injury. Teixeira laced a pinch-hit single to right that went to the wall and sent Jeter to third base. A gimpy Teixeira had to stop at first, though, and was pulled for a pinch-runner. That kept the double play in order and Duda turned a rare 3-5-3 gem with third baseman David Wright, who was shifted near shortstop against McCann. Pinch-hitter Eric Campbell, enjoying his third day in the majors, got the Mets started in the eighth by hustling for a double after his sharp grounder caromed off third baseman Yangervis Solarte and into left field. Duda blooped a single to centre off Matt Thornton (0-1), and Campbell barely beat Jacoby Ellsburys accurate throw with a nifty slide at the plate. Chris Young greeted Preston Claiborne with a two-run shot to left, giving the Mets a 9-7 lead. "We really struggled today," Girardi said. "We didnt make pitches." The Yankees snapped a 4-all tie with three runs in the sixth off Colon, who gave up 11 hits for the second time this season. Young Jr. trimmed it to 7-6 with a two-run homer off Alfredo Aceves, who relieved starter Hiroki Kuroda in the seventh. In the first inning, Granderson turned and greeted fans in right field. The slugger signed a $60 million, four-year contract with the Mets in December after spending four seasons with the Yankees. He caused a bit of a stir in the off-season by saying, "A lot of the people Ive met in New York have always said that true New Yorkers are Mets fans." "The Mets fans came out in droves," Granderson said. NOTES: Mets President Saul Katz denied a report by The New York Times that he has expressed an interest in selling his share of the team. "I have no intention of selling my share of the Mets nor have I ever had any intention of selling my share," Katz said in a statement released by the club. ... The Mets plan to promote touted pitching prospect Rafael Montero from Triple-A Las Vegas to start Wednesday night at home against the Yankees in place of Mejia. It will be Monteros major league debut. ... Sorianos second-inning single made him the seventh player to get 1,000 hits in the American League and National League. Derek Grant Jersey . But last years runner-up Jarkko Nieminen crashed out despite winning the first set against Denis Istomin. Istomin fired 10 aces and won 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-2 to even his career record against Nieminen at 3-3. Sami Vatanen Jersey .Leicester won 25-21 in a heated European Rugby Champions Cup group match on Sunday.Toulon said on its website on Wednesday that it decided to open an investigation after Leicester complained about the behaviour of prop Martin Castrogiovanni and fullback Delon Armitage. http://www.officialduckshockeyauthentic.com/reto-berra-jersey/ . The team announced that it exercised the options on 15 players including goalkeepers Evan Bush, Maxime Crepeau and Troy Perkins, defenders Matteo Ferrari, Karl W.KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - Andy Murray won Sunday while Ivan Lendl watched as a fan rather than as a coach. With Lendl among the stadium spectators, Murray advanced to the fourth round at the Sony Open by beating Feliciano Lopez 6-4, 6-1. The tournament is the first for the two-time Key Biscayne champion since he parted with Lendl, who coached Murray for two years and helped him become a Grand Slam champion. "Were back together again. It was only a four- or five-day split," Murray joked. "No, its a shame he wont be watching many more of my matches from the stands." Roger Federer also advanced easily, beating qualifier Thiemo de Bakker 6-3, 6-3. Lendl helped Murray win Wimbledon, the U.S. Open, an Olympic gold medal and last years Key Biscayne title. Lendl said he decided to step down because he wanted to concentrate on other projects, among them playing more senior events. Murray was unhappy about the split and said Lendl will be difficult to replace. Before their partnership, Murray was 0-4 in Grand Slam finals — although he did win Key Biscayne in 2009. The No. 6-seeded Murray moved one round closer to a potential quarterfinal against Novak Djokovic. Murray returned well and made the most of his chances at the net to improve to 9-0 against Lopez, seeded 32nd. The victory came on a sunny, 85-degree afternoon. Murray confirmed it was hot, although the Scotsman — who lives part-time in nearby Miami — said Fahrenheit temperatures give him pause because hes more familiar with Celsius. "I started using Fahrenheit a bit more, but I dont know the conversion," he said. "If I speak to someone back home and they say, How hot was it?, and I say, Its 85 today, and they say, What is that?, I have absolutely no idea. Jean-Sebastien Giguere Jersey. quot; Murrays next opponent will be No. 11-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who outlasted Marcos Baghdatis 4-6, 7-6 (6), 7-5. Tsonga rallied from a 5-1 deficit in the tiebreaker. Federer didnt face a break point against de Bakker, and after two matches has lost only 10 points in 20 service games. The win gave Federer 43 career victories at Key Biscayne, one more than Pete Sampras and second in mens history only to Andre Agassis 61. Li Na overcame three set points to overtake American Madison Keys 7-6 (3), 6-3. The No. 2-seeded Li, the reigning Australian Open champion, won even though she had seven double-faults and was broken four times. Keys failed to convert her set points serving at 5-3 in the first set. She also squandered a lead in the second set, when three times she was within a point of going up 3-love against Li. "Shes No. 2 in the world for a reason," Keys said. "She just won Australian Open for a reason. Shes a great player. I played well at times, and she just played the bigger points really, really well." American CoCo Vandeweghe earned a shot at Serena Williams in Mondays fourth round by winning a match that ended at 2:29 a.m. Sunday. Vandeweghe, a qualifier ranked No. 104, rallied past 2011 U.S. Open champion Samantha Stosur 5-7, 7-5, 7-5. The match began shortly before midnight Saturday and ended with a handful of spectators in the stadium. Vandeweghe has never previously been beyond the first round at Key Biscayne. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.