BESANCON, France -- With defending champion Chris Froome and two-time winner Alberto Contador out of the race, the path is wide

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 05.01.2018 06:41
von jokergreen0220 • Gaser Lehrling III | 179 Beiträge

SUNRISE, Fla. Austin Hooper Jersey . -- Henrik Lundqvist was happy to get the chance to make amends for his previous performance. The 2012 Vezina Trophy winner rebounded from a poor game with 31 saves and Rick Nash scored his second goal of the season to lift the New York Rangers over the Florida Panthers 5-2 on Wednesday night. Lundqvist was back in net after getting pulled from a 5-0 loss at Tampa Bay on Monday, when he gave up four goals in two periods. "I just tried to play my game tonight. It was important for me and the team to bounce back with a solid performance," Lundqvist said. "Im happy with the way I played." It didnt seem anyones confidence in Lundqvist was shaken. "Thats what I expected from him," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. "Hes a world-class goaltender, strong mentally. I didnt think the game in Tampa was a 5-0 game and tonight obviously we could have played stronger in some situations, but when we did have a breakdown we had a goaltender that made some saves." Mats Zuccarello, Brad Richards and Derick Brassard also scored for the Rangers. Carl Hagelin added an empty-net goal with 24 seconds left. Nick Bjugstad and Scottie Upshall scored in the third period for Florida. Tim Thomas allowed four goals on 21 shots. After the Panthers scored twice to cut their deficit to one, Zuccarellos power-play goal made it 4-2 with 1:28 left. The Rangers improved to 3-1 on their five-game road trip. The five goals tied their season high. With a 3-0 lead, it seemed Lundqvist was cruising toward a shutout. But two Panthers goals late in the third made it close. Florida cut it to 3-1 on Upshalls backhander in front with 7:32 left. Upshall has eight points in his past eight games. Bjugstad brought the puck through the neutral zone and put it in from the left side at 16:17 to close to 3-2. "We did a good job of coming back," Upshall said. "It was a big effort." The Panthers couldnt score again, and the Rangers scored twice in the final 1:28 to put the game away. "I wouldnt say it was one of our best games, but at the end of the day we found a way to win," Vigneault said. "And finding ways to win is the goaltender making some key saves at the right moment; we got that." Florida is 0-2 against the Rangers this season. "We werent good in certain areas," coach Peter Horachek said. "We turned pucks over when we shouldnt. We didnt manage when we should." Nashs third-period goal put New York ahead 3-0. Nash, who missed 17 games with a concussion this season, got control of the puck in the neutral zone and his wrist shot from the slot beat Thomas on the stick side at 5:32. "It was a weird game. The main thing is we got the job done on the road," Nash said. The Rangers took a 1-0 lead on Brassards power-play goal in the first. Brassard took a pass from Zuccarello in the slot and tipped it past Thomas glove at 12:13. Brassards goal was his fifth of the season and second in 10 games. The Rangers were 0 for 9 on the power play in their previous two games. New York stretched its lead to 2-0 on Richards goal late in the second period. Richards shot from the right circle went through the legs of two Panthers defenders and Thomas at 18:53. Richards has a team-high seven goals. NOTES: Rangers forward Taylor Pyatt returned to the lineup after missing eight games with a concussion. ... Panthers C Jesse Winchester missed his third game with a lower-body injury. Taylor Gabriel Jersey . Mike Babcock has turned to the Montreal Canadiens goalie over Roberto Luongo, who backed Canada to a gold medal in Vancouver in 2010, for Canadas final preliminary round game against the ailing Finns. Matt Schaub Jersey . Although the deal cannot be made official until the free agent moratorium period is lifted on July 10, Patterson has agreed to a three-year, $18 million extension to remain in Toronto, sources confirm to TSN. http://www.thefaclonsshoponline.com/Youth-Alex-Mack-Falcons-Jersey/ . Edmonton opened the season with 14 straight victories before falling Friday night 10-8 to the host Colorado Mammoth in National Lacrosse League action.With less than a week until the NHL Trade Deadline, check out the latest trade-related reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. Flip it and Reverse It? The Buffalo Sabres made the first big move of the pre-trade deadline season by dealing Ryan Miller and Steve Ott for Chris Stewart, Jaroslav Halak and draft picks, but they are probably far from done dealing. TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun believes the Sabres could look to flip Stewart before Wednesday. LeBrun believes the Sabres may consider Stewart as a possible fit for the teams rebuilding core, given that he has one year remaining on his contract and is still only 26. However, LeBrun countered, the offers on Stewart could also be enticing to the Sabres with the Ottawa Senators believed to be interested in the forward dating back to before Fridays blockbuster. Meanwhile, LeBrun tweeted Saturday afternoon that the Minnesota Wild are kicking the tires on goaltenders available via trade, including Halak. Pitt Stop? While Ryan Keslers availability via trade remains a contentious issue around the Canucks, the Pittsburgh Penguins might be leading the charge to try to pry the 29-year-old loose. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Reviews Rob Rossi tweeted early Saturday that the Pens are "very interested and [it] sounds like theyre on his list." Kesler has two years remaining on his current contract at an average annual value of $5 million. Rossi expanded on his tweet in an article on Saturday, reporting that the Penguins would offer Brandon Sutter, two 2014 draft picks and the Canucks choice of deefensemen Simon Despres or Brian Dumoulin Out of Oil If this is Ales Hemskys last week in an Oiler uniform, the Czech forward appears ready for whatever comes next. Blidi Wreh-Wilson Jersey. "It could be my last two games in this locker-room, so I better enjoy it,” the 30-year-old winger said after practice on Friday. “I want to enjoy every moment Ill spend with the guys, with my friends, with the people I know." “Im ready for it. Im excited.” With a provincial showdown with the Flames on tap for Saturday it could provide one last battle-ground for the winger, who is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Strictly Business Cory Schneider doesnt want to see his crease-mate Martin Brodeur traded, but understands that if the 41-year-old does get moved its just part of the business of being an NHL player. “Marty is big part of this team and has been forever. Im not sure there is any player as synonymous with the franchise as Marty has been or is. So it wouldnt be just anybody leaving this team. It would be the most important player in the franchises history,” the 27-year-old netminder told The Star-Ledger. Schneider, of course, is no stranger to speculation, having endured years of rumours in Vancouver playing alongside Roberto Luongo. The way that situation played out this off-season – resulting in his relocation to New Jersey – has shown Schneider that anything is possible. “It would be difficult for everybody, but thats kind of what happens. I didnt think I was going to get traded and I did. It happens. It could happen to anybody.” Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.