ht end Jordan Reed and Arizona didnt

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 24.06.2018 11:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- With 38 games left and three teams standing between the Mets and the second NL wild card, manager Terry Collins is convinced his ballclub can still make a serious push for the playoffs.A strong outing from Noah Syndergaard and another home run from slugger Yoenis Cespedes certainly helped.Syndergaard and Jeurys Familia combined on a three-hitter and Cespedes homered off Jeff Samardzija, leading New York over the San Francisco Giants 2-0 on Sunday night.Weve had a tough time, but if youre going to win, your good players have to play good, Collins said. We ride those guys. Hopefully this is the start of what weve been looking to do.Cespedes homered for the third time in two days to help split the four-game series. It was also the 900th victory of Collins career, making him the 10th active manager to reach the milestone.Syndergaard (11-7) allowed two hits over eight innings for his second consecutive win following a six-start skid. Its Syndergaards 20th career victory in 49 games, coming in what Collins called his best outing in a long time.Syndergaard faced one over the minimum and didnt allow a runner past first base.That helped the Mets stay within 4 1/2 games of St. Louis for the second NL wild card.Today was the first day I went out there and actually relaxed and had fun, Syndergaard said. I just kept things simple. The past month and a half Ive been trying to think too far in advance.Samardzija (10-9) held the Mets hitless until Curtis Grandersons leadoff double in the seventh. Cespedes followed with his 25th home run, a towering two-run blast that appeared to clear the stands in left field.Ive had big power hitters but I havent had anybody (where) the ball comes off the barrel of the bat like that, Collins said. I mean nobody. The ball just jumps off his bat.Familia retired three batters for his major league-leading 41st save.The Giants dropped to second in the NL West after entering the day with a half-game lead on the Dodgers. Los Angeles beat Cincinnati earlier Sunday.Samardzija remained winless in four career starts against the Mets despite taking a no-hitter into the seventh. Samardzija allowed only three hits and two runs over seven innings and struck out seven.I liked where hes at and he carried that into todays game, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said of Samardzija. He pitched his heart out and ran into a hot hitter.The duel between Syndergaard and Samardzija was in stark contrast to the first three games of this series, when the teams combined for 40 runs. Only two runners from either team reached second base Sunday, and both scored.San Franciscos first two baserunners were thrown out trying to steal second. Catcher Rene Rivera caught Trevor Brown in the third and Eduardo Nunez in the fourth. Prior to that, opponents had successfully stolen 40 bases in 44 attempts against New York with Syndergaard on the mound.The Giants also made a pair of sparkling defensive plays. Brandon Crawford made a diving stop on Jose Reyes sharp liner in the first inning, then second baseman Joe Panik robbed Reyes of an infield single with two outs in the sixth when he fielded a slow grounder and flipped it to first base with his glove.STOP, DROP AND ROLLMets third base coach Tim Teufel had to react quickly to avoid being hit by a line drive from left-handed hitting James Loney in the fifth. The ball narrowly missed Teufel as he dropped to the grass on his back.TRAINERS ROOMMets: Jay Bruce was back in the lineup after being held out Saturday to rest.Giants: Buster Posey did not start but had a pinch-hit single in the ninth. ... OF Angel Pagan was kept out of the lineup with tightness in his groin. Pagan has the longest active hitting streak in the majors at 18 games.UP NEXTMets: LHP Jon Niese (8-7) pitches the opener of a three-game series in St. Louis on Tuesday. Niese has given up 25 home runs this season, second-most in the NL.Giants: Madison Bumgarner (12-7) faces the Dodgers on Tuesday to begin a key series in Los Angeles between the top two teams in the NL West. Bumgarner is winless in two previous starts against the Dodgers this season. Authentic Julio Teheran Jersey .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Authentic Kurt Suzuki Jersey . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. http://www.cheapbravesjerseys.us/authentic-dansby-swanson-jersey/ .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Authentic Atlanta Braves Jerseys . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Authentic David Justice Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- No risk it, no biscuit was back for the Arizona Cardinals.So was the big play.The result was a much-needed 31-23 victory over the Washington Redskins on Sunday.Carson Palmer threw for 300 yards and three touchdowns and David Johnson scored twice on another dynamic afternoon for the second-year running back.I think hes the best player in the NFL, Palmer said. Point blank.The loss by the Redskins (6-5-1) clinched a playoff spot for the NFC East-leading Dallas Cowboys (11-1).Palmers 25-yard touchdown pass to Johnson with 11:09 to play put Arizona ahead 24-20, the fourth lead change of the second half.The big gamble came when, leading 24-20, Arizona went for it on fourth-and-1 at its 34-yard line.I was shocked, Palmer said. I was ready to jog off the field.But Johnson ripped off a 14-yard run and, moments later, when most teams would just try to run out the clock, Palmer threw a 42-yard touchdown pass to J.J. Nelson that gave the Cardinals (5-6-1) a 31-23 lead with 1:56 to play.Ive had a few drops, Nelson said. And with that opportunity to ice the game and get in the end zone, I thought `I cant miss this opportunity.Such long passes have been few and far between for an Arizona team that routinely pulled them off in its 13-3 season a year ago.We finally found a big play at the end that we needed desperately, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said, because I didnt want to play for a three-point game. We wanted to play for that eight-point win. And sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but if you dont try, you dont ever win.Washington drove to the Arizona 28-yard line before Patrick Petersons interception of Kirk Cousins pass with 41 seconds left sealed the victory.Johnson, who also scored on a 1-yard run, became the second player in NFL history to top 100 yards from scrimmage in the first 12 games of a season. Edgerrin James was the other.Ive been very fortunate to be around two pretty good backs, Arians said. Actually three, but Marshall Faulk and Edgerrin James arent too shabby when they were young, and he reminds me a lot of those two guys.Johnson carried the ball 18 times for 84 yards and caught nine passes for another 91.Cousins completed 21 of 37 passes for 271 yards and a touchdown. His 59-yard pass to DeSean Jackson on the first series of the second hallf set up his 1-yard touchdown sneak.ddddddddddddIn the third quarter, Cousins was stripped of the ball by Calais Campbell, and Markus Golden returned the fumble 20 yards to set up Palmers 6-yard touchdown pass to Michael Floyd.I dont know if it is my job to really put a grade on my performance, Cousins said. It is up and down. Each play has its own reason on why things happen. It is hard to give a blanket statement to summarize it.That gave Arizona a 17-13 lead. The Redskins came right back. Cousins threw to a wide-open Jamison Crowder on a 26-yard touchdown to put Washington back on top, 20-17, with 1:06 left in the third quarter.The Cardinals avoided what would have been the teams first three-game losing streak since Arians came to the desert four seasons ago.We came out flat to start the game, Washington defensive end Chris Baker said. They go down and have a 15-play drive and then we get the ball back on offense and have two false starts. Against a good team like Arizona, you cant come out flat like that.Palmer, in one of his best games of the season, completed 30 of 46 for 300 yards despite constant pressure behind a patchwork offensive line .Josh Norman saved one touchdown by breaking up a pass intended for Floyd.FITZGERALDS CLIMBLarry Fitzgerald caught 10 passes for 78 yards, moving past Cris Carter and Marvin Harrison into third on the NFLs career receptions list.Its great, Fitzgerald said. The most thing Im happy about is it came in a winning effort. ... Its always nice to climb up a little bit higher, but its humbling to know that Im still 400 catches behind Jerry Rice.He also became the youngest player in NFL history to top 1,100 catches.INJURIESRedskins center Spencer Long left the game early to be evaluated for a concussion and did not return.Washington was without standout tight end Jordan Reed and Arizona didnt have do-everything defensive back Tyrann Mathieu. Both have shoulder injuries.UP NEXTRedskins: Washington returns to NFC East play with a game at Philadelphia next Sunday.Cardinals: Arizona travels across the country to face Miami on Sunday.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.