best way for me to try to keep it loose, Davis said.

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.06.2018 14:17
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

South Africas captain Faf du Plessis is expected to play the Adelaide Test, as legal machinations behind his hearing for a ball-tampering charge delay proceedings until after the series against Australia.On a day when a television reporter attempted to question du Plessis at Adelaide airport by pushing into the group of players and was shoulder charged out of the way by South Africas security manager, it emerged that the ICC hearing is not likely to happen before the third Test is over.A major reason for the delay is Cricket South Africa saying they have engaged legal representation for du Plessis ahead of the hearing. This takes proceedings outside the usual territory, in which a player and team management deals directly with the relevant ICC match referee, and calls for the governing body to also engage lawyers.While it is understood that CSAs legal representative may arrive in Adelaide on Tuesday and there is some chance of the hearing taking place on Wednesday, it could end up occurring in South Africa, with the squad due to depart for home immediately after the end of the day-night match.The convention of engaging lawyers if necessary has been in place ever since former Sri Lanka captain Arjuna Rantunga brought lawyers to a hearing in Perth after he was charged with bringing the game into disrepute. He was accused of holding up play after Muttiah Muralitharan was called for throwing by umpire Ross Emerson during an ODI in Adelaide in January 1999.The match referee for that series, Peter van der Merwe, was left to give Ranatunga a watered-down suspended sentence after being threatened with legal action, and the ICC have treaded more carefully with contested charges ever since - ensuring match referees are supported by legal opinion if required.Despite winning the series in Australia in emphatic fashion, South Africas indignation at du Plessis charge for ball tampering has dominated the past few days. From the moment Hashim Amla spoke to the press in Melbourne on Friday with the entire squad behind him, South Africa have taken on a pugilistic mentality.This was summed up on Monday in Adelaide, when the teams security manager Zunaid Wadee twice bundled a reporter out of the way as du Plessis walked through the airport. Reporters had been advised that crews were welcome to shoot vision but not to chase interviews. The footage quickly spread via social media.South Africas tour manager Mohammed Moosajee released a statement defending Wadees actions. The Australian media and Channel 9 News in particular have been advised on numerous occasions over the past few days that Cricket South Africa and captain, Faf du Plessis, are not in a position to comment on the alleged ball-tampering issue, he said.However, despite our best intentions to co-operate with the Australian media, Channel 9 News behaviour has been disappointing. We have advised of our media protocol which has been blatantly ignored, both at the teams hotel on Friday and Saturday and again at the airport in Adelaide today. This is the third incident of a reporter aggressively harassing our players with blatant disrespect of the above-mentioned media protocol.The reporter at the airport disrespected us and continued to harass Faf for comment. The reporter was also in the unusual position of being in the middle of the players walkway to the bus. He was advised to move three times, and did not adhere to this request. The reporter, who also had no official accreditation, then proceeded to lunge towards Faf with an unknown object causing a direct breach of security protocol. The reporter also shoved the team manager in the back.Throughout the tour we have respected all our media obligations and treated media with utmost respect. At the same time, we would like to see this respect reciprocated and will not accept such behaviour as displayed by the Channel 9 News reporter. Brett Cecil Jersey . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Jedd Gyorko Jersey . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. http://www.stlouiscardinalsjerseyscheap.com/?tag=ozzie-smith-jersey . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Whitey Herzog Jersey . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. Michael Wacha Jersey . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis wore a supportive strap on his aching back and still managed to carry the New Orleans Pelicans on his shoulders until scrappy guard Tim Frazier could finish it off with clutch plays on both ends of the court.Davis had 25 points, 16 rebounds, four steals and two blocks, and the Pelicans won for only the second time in their first 11 games, 106-105 over the Boston Celtics on Monday night.Frazier made a crucial steal of Marcus Smarts inbound pass near New Orleans basket with 14 seconds left. He also drew a shooting foul from Kelly Olynyk with 2.5 seconds left, setting up his go-ahead free throw for the final margin.He plays big, Davis said of Frazier, who finished with 10 points. He went in there with all them trees down there and got that steal. ... And then, that was a great job, a high basketball IQ, to draw that foul.Langston Galloway scored a season-high 21 points for New Orleans, which began the season with eight straight losses. Fellow reserve Terrence Jones added 15 points and a season-high 10 rebounds.Celtics coach Brad Stevens said his concern coming into the game wasnt so much what Davis would do, but whether hed get more of the help hes been lacking.Anthony is going to be Anthony, said Stevens, whose team limited Davis to 7-of-22 shooting. You cant let Langston Galloway go off. Jones has had great games against us for as long as I can remember. ... They really hurt us tonight.Isaiah Thomas scored 37 for Boston, including a driving scoop that tied the game with 7 seconds left.Frazier then pushed the ball up the floor and the 7-foot Olynyk picked Frazier up defensively near the perimeter.I knew I had a big on me, so I tried to see if I could get him to go, and he went, Frazier said.Olynyk said he tried to challenge what initially looked like a shot attempt, and then Frazier jumped into me and I picked up the foul.In part because the Celtics were out of timeouts and unable to advance the ball, they failed to get a decent shot off in the final 2 seconds. Bostons first inbound attempt from its own baseline deflected off New Orleans along the sideline with a tenth of a second left.ddddddddddddThe Celtics then attempted a long pass in hopes of a tip-in, but the inbound hit the rim and Smarts attempted put-back in a crowd of players was off the mark.Bostons Avery Bradley had 19 points and 10 rebounds. Smart scored 15 points, but Bradley said the Celtics didnt play well and failed to give Thomas help.It cant just be Isaiah, Bradley said. Its got to be other players out there making shots. ... Everybodys upset about it.TIP-INCeltics: Al Horford missed his seventh straight game because of concussion symptoms and it remains unclear when hell return. I dont want to put a timetable on it because I think its about how he feels day to day, Stevens said. Stevens added that once the Celtics decided not to play Horford, they got him an early flight back to Boston so he could get more rest.Pelicans: Rookie shooting guard Buddy Hield made his first start in place of ETwaun Moore. After tip-off, the Pelicans announced coach Alvin Gentry had decided to give Moore the night off to rest a right big toe injury. ... The Pelicans win was their first at home, where they improved to 1-5.BACK PAINDavis could be seen lying on the court near the bench when he wasnt playing and said it was to ease stress on his back.Every time I sit down it just tightens up, so that was the best way for me to try to keep it loose, Davis said. Youve got to play through it, fight through and try to do whatever you can do to help your team win.SQUANDERED LEADNew Orleans led by as many as 14 points when Dante Cunninghams 3 made it 65-51 in the third quarter, but the Pelicans briefly lost the lead in the final minutes.Weve got to continue to eliminate some of the mental mistakes and putting ourselves in harms way, Gentry said. But Gentry also added that he was pleased his team hung in and found a way to win.UP NEXTCeltics: Hosts Dallas on Wednesday night.Pelicans: Visit Orlando on Wednesday night. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.