s on the same staff with Harbaugh in Philadelp

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 08.06.2018 16:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

LONDON -- Gareth Southgate edged closer to being appointed Englands permanent manager with a victory that weakened Gordon Strachans grip on the Scotland job.A trio of headers from Daniel Sturridge, Adam Lallana and Gary Cahill ensured a 3-0 victory on Friday that appeared far more convincing on the scoreboard than the actual performance by England in the 113th meeting of international footballs oldest rivals.It gave Southgate seven points from the three competitive matches of his interim spell in charge of England following Sam Allardyces abrupt departure after one match in charge over unguarded comments to undercover reporters.Whether Southgate is handed the job permanently will be determined after England hosts Spain in a friendly on Tuesday. While the displays under Southgate have lacked the dynamism expected by fans of a team of Premier League stars, they werent any better in recent years either. England was embarrassed at the European Championship in June, with Roy Hodgson quitting after a last-16 loss to Iceland.What Im really pleased about is that I was given the task of picking the job up in a very difficult situation for everybody and I feel like weve prepared the team really well, Southgate said. The rest is out of my hands. Ive loved it. Ive really enjoyed the role. Ive enjoyed the responsibility. Ive enjoyed the challenge of every part of it.If Southgate is handed a contract, rather than returning to the under-21s team, he might not be facing Strachan in the opposite dugout when England travels to Scotland in June.The spirited Scots did make the hosts uncomfortable at times at Wembley Stadium but had nothing to show for it. Strachans side slumped to fifth place, six points behind unbeaten England, and the manager will face further scrutiny over his future as Scotlands hopes of making its first tournament since the 1998 World Cup fade.Strachan said he was only thinking about the impact of the cruel result of his players,If anyone thinks at this moment in time Im thinking about myself you are wrong, Strachan told reporters.Probably when Im just about to die, Ill think, `How did you get on Gordon? Not a bad life, Strachan added. At the moment in time ... its nothing to do with me.Slovenia is second after Benjamin Verbic clinched a 1-0 at bottom-placed Malta. Slovakia is third after beating Lithuania 4-0 through Adam Nemecs header before strikes from Juraj Kucka, Martin Skrtel and Marek Hamsik. Only the group winners automatically qualify for the 2018 finals in Russia.---ENGLAND 3, SCOTLAND 0Unsurprisingly, the anthems were sung against a chorus of boos from rival fans -- 144 years after this derby was first played.But the cross-border rivals were united in the buildup to the game by a two-week public spat with FIFA over their desire to mark Armistice Day by wearing poppies which commemorate British Commonwealth forces who have died on duty since World War I.England and Scotland are set to be fined by FIFA for breaching rules banning political, religious, personal or commercial messages on official uniforms and equipment.After a pre-match minute of silence, the Scots pressed with purpose from kickoff but they couldnt keep it up and fell behind in the 24th minute.Raheem Sterlings initial shot deflected to the right flank and Kyle Walker returned the ball into the penalty area where an unmarked Sturridge angled a low header past goalkeeper Craig Gordon. It was a rare bright moment for the Liverpool striker, who has dropped in the pecking order at Anfield and has scored no goals in the league this season.It wasnt as comfortable as we would have liked, Lallana said. We started the game very sloppily. We said a few things to each other at halftime and the manager did.Scotland missed opportunities to equalize at the start of the second half and England punished the visitors after five minutes with Lallana latching onto Roses cross with a header. Cahill completed a miserable trip south of the border for Scotland in the 61st minute when he was left unmarked to connect with captain Wayne Rooneys corner.I dont know if we can work any harder than we do, Strachan said.Although the game largely passed off peacefully, objects were thrown onto the field in north London in the second half, with England goalkeeper Joe Hart having to clear them. Cheap Stitched Patriots Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Wholesale Patriots Jerseys . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. http://www.wholesalepatriotsjerseys.com/ . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. Youth Ryan Izzo Jersey . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. Youth Sony Michel Jersey . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh made it clear that his decision to fire offensive coordinator Marc Trestman on Monday wasnt influenced by ownership, players or how the team responded the last time he made such a move.Its my call, Harbaugh said. I didnt feel in my gut that, going the way we were going, that it was going to change and it was going to get better. I think we need a different chemistry in there right now to get where we need to go. I certainly have a picture in my mind of what I want our offense to look like.The Ravens replaced Trestman with quarterbacks coach Marty Mornhinweg less than 24 hours after Sundays 16-10 loss to the Washington Redskins. This marks the second time Harbaugh has fired an offensive coordinator during the season; in 2012, he dismissed Cam Cameron, a move that helped propelled Baltimore to the Super Bowl.Harbaugh explained that the removal of Trestman was based on the Ravens inability to exploit particular defenses and specific matchups. There was also a problem with Trestmans pass-heavy approach. Joe Flacco has thrown 11 more passes than any quarterback in the league.Baltimore (3-2) ranks in the bottom 10 in points scored (18.8, 23rd), total yards (338.2, 23rd), third-down conversion (35.5 percent, 24th) and offensive penalties (19, eighth-most).Were not putting enough points on the board, and were not putting enough yards on the board for the amount of times were throwing the ball, HHarbaugh said.dddddddddddd We were 46 passes for 188 net yards passing. Thats just not going to cut it. We all know that.Harbaugh said he informed owner Steve Bisciotti and general manager Ozzie Newsome of his decision Sunday night. Flacco wasnt involved in the discussion about Trestman, according to Harbaugh.The decision is definitely on coach, he said.Trestmans struggles went beyond this season. The Ravens scored 20 or fewer points in 13 of Trestmans 21 games as offensive coordinator (62 percent). Baltimore averaged 18.7 points under Trestman, which was the eighth-worst in the NFL.Trestman was really classy when informed about the decision, according to Harbaugh.He understands as well as anybody that it becomes a bottom-line situation, Harbaugh said.Mornhinweg becomes Flaccos fifth offensive coordinator in the past five seasons. Cameron, Jim Caldwell, Gary Kubiak and Trestman were the others.He has been an NFL offensive coordinator for three different teams (San Francisco, Philadelphia and New York Jets) and spent five seasons on the same staff with Harbaugh in Philadelphia.Were in good position to have a guy with that kind of experience here and experience in this west-coast terminology, Harbaugh said. He fits right in. I know there will be some things that hell tweak. But the basic system is not going to change. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.