d, Norman said. Im no longer the underdog.

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 08.06.2018 16:42
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Plugged into a matchup role since the start of last season, Morgan Rielly isnt focused much on points. Still, he was able to show off his scoring touch in the Toronto Maple Leafs latest win.Rielly had a goal and a career-high three assists, Zach Hyman had the go-ahead score in Torontos four-goal third period to lead the Maple Leafs to 6-3 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers in the Hall of Fame game Friday night.Ive really not been thinking about that at all, Rielly said of point production. Ive just been trying to play my role which is matchups. I havent really been thinking about points or the power play ... When it comes to that kind of stuff you just want to win the game, you just want to do whatever you can to help the team. Its not about how many (points) you had at the end of the night or the end of the year.Rielly led all Maple Leafs defensemen with a career-high 36 points last season, and is again topping the group with 10 points in 14 games thus far in his fourth NHL season.Martin Marincin, Leo Komarov, Nazem Kadri and Mitch Marner also scored for Toronto. Frederik Anderson stopped 30 shots to help the Maple Leafs bounce back from a 7-0 loss to Los Angeles earlier in the week and improve to 5-2-0 at home.In addition to Riellys notable responsibilities on the ice, Toronto coach Mike Babcock also designated the 22-year-old as the youngest of the Leafs four alternate captains.Well I think hes a big part of the next wave, Babcock said Friday morning. I think hes a real good kid with tons of energy.Rielly says hes had to slightly adjust his scope with the current duties hes been assigned.But its one that Ive welcomed and tried to embrace, he said. The only way youre going to be good at it is if you embrace it and you try to improve at it.Wayne Simmonds scored twice and Travis Konecny also had a goal for the Flyers. Steve Mason finished with 17 saves.Trailing 3-2 after two periods, the Leafs were full of jump in the third. Marincin tied it at 4:03 as he stepped into a slap shot from the point on a pass from Rielly for his first goal of the season.Hyman put Toronto ahead for good about 4 1/2 minutes later, shoveling in the rebound of Auston Matthews shot off the cross bar for his first NHL goal. Matthews came in with just one point in his previous seven games.Komarovs unassisted backhander made it 5-3 with about 8 1/2 minutes remaining, and Marner capped the scoring with a snap shot with 3:43 to go.Kadri got the first goal of a busy first period, eluding Michael Del Zotto before beating Mason with a deke and goal just 2:54 in. It was the seventh already this season for the 26 year old, a considerable shift from the way last season went -- Kadri didnt get his seventh goal then until his 37th game of the year on Jan. 2.The Flyers quickly tied it just over a minute later as Simmonds redirected Claude Girouxs shot past Andersen on a power play.Konecny followed up 27 seconds after that with the fourth goal of his impressive rookie season. The 19 year old from London, Ontario, shook off defenseman Connor Carrick for control of a long lofting pass from teammate Radko Gudas and then flipped a backhand over the right pad of Andersen.With a 5-on-3 advantage late in the period, Toronto tied it on Riellys first goal this year. Misfiring on a one-timer seconds before, Rielly slid around one Flyers defender in the slot and then whipped a shot far side past Mason.Both Mason and Andersen entered the night with sub-.900 save percentages.Toronto was looking for redemption after the blowout loss to the Kings on Tuesday night. Babcock called it an embarrassing performance and he likely wouldnt have been pleased with his teams second period against the Flyers. They were outshot 13-3 more than 15 minutes into the period while yielding a short-handed goal to Simmonds.Lacking much pep offensively, too, Babcock mixed up his line combinations, trying a little bit of everything. Rookie William Nylander, who started the game with Matthews, saw time with both Kadri and Tyler Bozak. Connor Brown, meanwhile, stepped onto a line with Matthews and Hyman.Game notes The 2016 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees, which included one-time Maple Leafs player Eric Lindros, were honored before the game. ... After leading Toronto defensemen with a career-high 36 points last season, Rielly is pacing the group again with 10 points in 14 games this season.UP NEXTFlyers: Host Minnesota on Saturday night in the opener of a four-game homestand.Maple Leafs: At Pittsburgh on Saturday night. Kenta Maeda Jersey . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. Wholesale Dodgers Jerseys .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. http://www.cheapdodgersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-chase-utley-jersey . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. Maury Wills Jersey . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Cheap Dodgers Jerseys China . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. ASHBURN, Va. -- When Washington Redskins corner Josh Norman signed his new contract in April, he knew life would change. He went from scrappy underdog to a moving target.Ever since Norman signed a five-year, $15 million-a-year deal with the Redskins, he has been knocked by other players -- New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and Arizona Cardinals corner Patrick Peterson -- and roasted by fans anytime video of him getting beat in practice surfaces. And his comments now are turned into headlines.I can take it, Norman said. Im a big boy. Ive got some big shoes. ... If I can have that unique set of skills to fend off everything people say, I can take it. I can take it and continue to be successful.When you get a deal like that, everything comes with it. Everything is magnified times 10. You just have to be [careful] of that.Some of this stems from the contract -- hes the NFLs highest-paid corner. Some of it has been the result of his own words. In an ESPN The Magazine article, for example, Norman took a jab at Denver receiver Demaryiius Thomas, who caught one pass for 8 yards in the Super Bowl win over Normans Carolina Panthers.ddddddddddddI dont know what he was out there for, Norman said in the article. He was supposed to be an all-world guy and I shut him down.Thomas replied to Norman via Twitter:Norman declined to answer specific questions about the article on Tuesday.Beckham told GQ Magazine that Norman was relevant only because of him. Peterson tweeted out a video of Norman getting beat in practice.Once I was the underdog and I had to fight my way to the top and I had to drive, drive, drive and continue to work hard, Norman said. Im no longer the underdog. ... This is a new realm for me.Hell also be featured on the Fox pregame show most Sundays this season.A year ago at this time he was an improving corner on a very good Carolina defense. Now hes a target.I think its crazy, Norman said. I would never dream that in a million years. Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.