ay back.SAD STARTNorthern Iowa committed

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 29.05.2018 17:58
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Sixth-seeded Venus Williams tumbled out of the Rogers Cup in the third round Thursday night, falling 6-1, 6-7 (2), 6-3 to 10th-seeded Madison Keys in an all-American match.Playing her last tournament match before the Rio Olympics, the 36-year-old Williams lost seven straight games before holding serve in the third game of the second set. After Williams rallied to tie the match, Keys found her serve in the third set, ending the match with her 12th ace.The 21-year-old Keys won the Wimbledon tuneup event in Birmingham, England, this year for her second WTA Tour title, then reached the fourth round at Wimbledon. Shell face 16th-seeded Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in the quarterfinals.Williams beat Barbora Strycova -- the Czech player whom Keys topped in the Birmingham final -- on Wednesday in her first match since losing to Britains Johanna Konta on Sunday in the Bank of the West Classic final. Against Keys, Williams struggled with her serve.Her first serve was definitely slower than normal, Keys said. But it was funny, her second serve was a lot slower, but because of the court, it was bouncing a lot higher than normal. So while her first serve was a little easier to return, her second serve was really tough.Pavlyuchenkova beat fourth-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland.Its going to be a tough match, Keys said about Pavlyuchenkova. Shes always tricky because she definitely fights till the end, and shes going to hit a lot of winners.Pavlyuchenkova let two match points slip away while leading 5-4 in the second set and then lost the game on a double fault. She rebounded in the third set to extend her longest run at the hardcourt event.I think Im still recovering from the second set, Pavlyuchenkova said. Basically, I thought I had the match in my pocket and lost it, so Im happy with the mental side.Radwanska won in 2014 in Montreal.The 15th-seeded Konta beat American Varvara Lepchenko 6-3, 6-2 to set up a quarterfinal against Slovakias Kristina Kucova, a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 winner over Canadas Eugenie Bouchard in the late match.Bouchard was penalized a point for racket abuse in the third set, when she struggled to hit the lines to the disappointment of what had been a festive center-court crowd at Uniprix Stadium.I played some high-quality tennis this week -- I cant forget those two matches -- but two matches is not a whole tournament, Bouchard said. I need to learn how to keep it going and deal with the pressure. I just felt I maybe panicked a little bit, tried to finish the points too soon.Second-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany beat Ukraines Elina Svitolina 1-6, 7-6 (2), 6-4.Im still improving to playing better tennis, being more aggressive and just going for it, Kerber said. I think today I was a little bit too excited to going for it. This is sometimes, I think, the problem.Kerber will face Russias Daria Kasatkina, a 7-5, 6-3 winner over seventh-seeded Roberta Vinci of Italy.Fifth-seeded Simona Halep of Romania, a finalist last year in Toronto, beat 14th-seeded Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic 6-3, 6-3. Pliskova, the WTA Tour ace leader, had only five in the match.I knew that its going to be tough because I dont get rhythm from her, Halep said. You never know what to expect for the next point, so theres a bit of tension. I just had to stay patient for every ball and to keep fighting because I knew that if I stay there for every ball, she can miss more than me.Halep will face ninth-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova, a 7-6 (2), 6-3 winner over 12th-seeded Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic. Acheter Vapormax Plus . The showiest items on Calgarys lot were forwards Mike Cammalleri and Lee Stempniak. Both will be unrestricted free agents this summer. Vapormax Cs Femme . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. http://www.vapormaxpluspascher.fr/ . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Vapormax Blanche Pas Cher . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Vapormax Plus Blanche Pas Cher . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Klint Carlson scored 22 points and ignited a second-half rally that carried Northern Iowa to a 73-67 overtime win over Oklahoma on Friday night in the winners bracket of the Tire Pros Invitational.Jeremy Morgan scored 17 points, had seven steals and four blocks and Jordan Ashton had 13 for the Panthers (3-0), who rallied from an 18-point second half deficit to win.Jordan Woodard and Kristian Doolittle had 13 points apiece for Oklahoma (2-1), which had only one field goal in the final 11 minutes of regulation. Khadeem Lattin and Rashard Odomes contributed 11 points each.We accomplished a lot tonight with the way the guys stuck with it, Northern Iowa coach Ben Jacobson said. Everything had to go our way for us to have a chance. It was fun to see the guys get rewarded for making a couple of shots and making a game out of it Carlson, who had 18 points in the last six minutes of regulation and overtime, nailed a 3-pointer from straight on to break a 64-all tie with 42.9 seconds left in overtime.I guess I was feeling it, Carlson said. I dont even remember how many shots I took, but at that point, I was just glad they were going in.The Panthers added two free throws to go ahead 69-64 before Woodard nailed a 3-pointer to make it a 69-67 game with 8.8 seconds to go.Morgan iced the game with four free throws in the final six seconds.UNI made five 3-pointers during a 26-5 run that erased an 18-point deficit in the second half. Carlson made three of the bombs, including the one that put UNI ahead 57-54 with 52 seconds left in the game.We didnt handle that run very well, Oklahoma coach Lon Krueger said. But as disappointing as this is, there was a lot to learn from this.dddddddddddd Turnovers, value possessions, finish plays strong, those are all things well get better at.The Panthers pushed the edge to 59-54 with 27 seconds left in regulation before Sooners forward Khadeem Lattin made two free throws and Doolittle hit a game-tying 3-pointer with 12.6 seconds left.Ashton was off with a 3-pointer to win the game for UNI at the buzzer.BIG PICTURE:Oklahoma will love what it saw from the first 30 minutes. The Sooners used their size and strength advantage to build an 18-point advantage and looked like they would coast to an easy win. Lot of really good things at both ends of the floor in the first 30 minutes, Krueger said. Lot of bad things the last 15.The takeaway for Jacobson is that his team has a lot of heart. The Panthers were getting beat every which way, but still fought for every possession and were rewarded. We kept playing defense and rebounding when our offense was not very good and I like that, Jacobson said. And the other thing I like was that a relatively new group believed we could get all the way back.SAD STARTNorthern Iowa committed five turnovers and hit only three of its first 15 shots against Oklahoma. The Panthers shot 25.9 percent (7 of 27) for the first half, trailing 31-18. UNI came into the game shooting 51.8 percent and averaging just 11.5 turnovers a game.UP NEXTNorthern Iowa plays Xavier Sunday night in the championship game of the tournament.Oklahoma will take on Clemson for third-place Sunday afternoon. Cheap NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.