o downplay the grief he took. The Masters champ

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 29.05.2018 17:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

EUGENE, Ore. -- Fast fact: Teenager Sydney McLaughlin can juggle on a unicycle.Thats nothing compared to this: The 16-year-old is headed to Rio, and will be the youngest to compete for the U.S. Olympic track team since 1972, according to USA Track and Field.And to think, the 400-meter hurdles phenom had a panic attack before the start of the trials. She thought the stage might be a tad too big for her.It wasnt. McLaughlin, a soon-to-be senior at Union Catholic in Scotch Plains, New Jersey, finished third on Sunday, behind winner Dalilah Muhammad and Ashley Spencer.Sometimes, I just forget that Im 16, said McLaughlin, who learned to juggle in fifth grade and has worked with kids at a juggling camp. Theres not as much expectation. You know, I dont get paid for this. Im here just for fun.Once she got to work, she certainly had a ball. She planned to celebrate by going out for dinner. On her menu -- a cheeseburger, maybe some sweet potato fries, and possibly topped off with a slice of cheesecake.I want be like her when I grow up, the 23-year-old Spencer said. At 16 years old, I wasnt doing anything. I was running track, but it was like, meh? Shes an Olympian.It has always taken a bit of coaxing to get McLaughlin to the starting line -- both as a kid, when her father bribed her with a chocolate bar with almonds to keep her running at 6, and just before the trials.But her high school coach, Mike McCabe, has a counseling degree that he put to good use. He told her it was only nerves and everyone gets them.I think it was more self-doubt, he explained. It was the big stage, `I dont know if I can do this, I dont know if I belong here.We shared with her that everybody has this. Its not just her because shes so young. The elites have it, and theyve been doing it for years.The pep talk hit the mark. Although, the world and American junior record holder isnt exactly used to trailing like this. She finished in a world junior-record time of 54.15 seconds, which was still 1.27 behind Muhammad. She also was able to hold off fourth-place finisher Kori Carter.Shes a beast, Carter said. Shes the truth. I was in every single heat with her and she carries herself like a pro. I know shes going to represent the U.S. amazingly.McLaughlin grew up idolizing Allyson Felix, who finished fourth in the 200 meters and missed out on making the U.S. squad in the event. But thats why McLaughlin appreciates Felix -- those kinds of setbacks dont get her down. Felix still has the 400, an event she won last weekend, and will focus on that.You realize that sometimes you have to lose in order to get better, said McLaughlin, who still plans to compete at world juniors later this month in Poland. Thats a big thing.McLaughlin, who turns 17 on Aug. 7, tried to find humor in just about everything. After winning her heat in the semifinals during a steady drizzle, she said, The rain messed up my hair, but thats OK.Just Sydney being Sydney.Shes super-consistent as a racer, McCabe said. You dont see many bad days. You come to a meet like this and you have to be on at the right time. She doesnt take herself too seriously. Running isnt her life. Running chose her. She just happens to be real good at it.---AP National Writer Eddie Pells contributed to this report. Nike Vapormax Comme Des Garcons Acheter . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Vapormax Cs Noir .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.vapormaxpluspascher.fr/off-blanche-vapormax.html . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Vapormax Plus Blanche Femme . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. Nike Vapormax Utility Pas Cher . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. CHASKA, Minn. -- The Ryder Cup all but requires you muster a healthy amount of scorn for the opposition, an acrimony that does not exist at any other golf tournament.It is what makes the event so special, so intense, so exhilarating. There was yelling and screaming and cheering and booing from the time the sun came up Friday morning until Rory McIlroy holed that eagle putt on the 16th green and bowed to the crowd, his emotions at a fever pitch.Hazeltine shook with delirium at times, the ebbs and flows of the Ryder Cup producing all manner of reactions as the U.S. took a 5-3 lead after Day 1. Of course, it is the over-the-top behavior, the vocal and sometimes vulgar minority, that tends to get singled out in such instances.McIlroys reaction was undoubtedly joy spiced with venom. He noted the hostile environment out there, and one got the sense that if McIlroy could have offered up a one-finger salute, he would have done so.Danny Willett had no such ability to stick it back to the American crowd when his golf wasnt good enough to quiet the hecklers. After his brother, Pete, wrote his well-vetted piece for the National Club Golfer website earlier this week in which he described U.S. golf fans as a baying mob of imbeciles and pudgy basement-dwelling irritants, among other things, he was bound to hear at least a smattering of derisive taunts.Whether it crossed the line or not is probably a matter of location and perception, but a good number of the gallerys finest stooped down to the level that Pete Willett had described, his supposedly tongue-in-cheek offering playing out in real life.Even after Danny Willetts round -- a 5 and 4 defeat with Martin Kaymer to Americans Brandt Snedeker and Brooks Koepka -- when he retreated to the driving range, with only American J.B. Holmes also hitting balls, there was an inebriated spectator yelling at him from the grandstands, taunting him with the various unoriginal barbs that made all those around uncomfortable.Nobody was doing anything when he was hitting shots, but there was plenty of abuse out there, Pete Cowen, Willetts swing coach, told ESPN.com. He played OK, but its a shame as this has spoiled his week through no fault of his own.Everyone lets it deflect from the actual tournament; its pathetic really, isnt it? He was looking forward to a great week, and then all of a sudden, it gets spoiled by everybody elses reaction to it. Its always tough in the Ryder Cup, and anything like that makes it even more difficult. He was really looking forward to this and all of a sudden he cant look forward to it because of all the stuff that surrounds it.Pete Willetts description of U.S. golf fans might, indeed, have been over the top and offensive.dddddddddddd So that makes it OK to act just the way he described? It was just the day before, during the opening ceremony, when legends Jack Nicklaus and Tony Jacklin called for decorum and good sportsmanship. They invoked the memory of Arnold Palmer, who undoubtedly would have been appalled by such behavior.While the vibe is ratcheted up considerably at a Ryder Cup, it is not a football game, neither the American nor international variety. Some level of civility is expected, and given the proximity of spectators to golfers, it is tolerated even less.It is telling when U.S. captain Davis Love III was scanning the crowd to point out the offenders, or when Jordan Spieth did the same. They appreciate the support but not when it gets nasty.These same sorts of incidents occur at Ryder Cups in Europe, although it seems there is just a tad bit more decorum on the other side of the pond. Sure, the fans cheer wildly for their team and players. They make a considerable amount of noise and revel in throwing a few jabs at the visiting Americans. But they cheer the good shots, and keep the personal attacks to a minimum.Most of the people out there are respectful and are just cheering really hard for the U.S. team, said McIlroy, who is from Northern Ireland but now lives in Florida. Thats totally acceptable and thats exactly what happens in Europe. But still, its a hostile environment that the people out there dont want you to hole a putt. They dont want you to hit a good shot.I think when you do hole a putt or hit a good shot, it just makes it that much more satisfying. Im obviously not fazed by anything said by the crowd.Its remarkable to think that anyone would give McIlroy grief. One of his four major title wins was at the U.S. Open. He has been a great ambassador for the game, having won tournaments all around the world.And if you watched his golf in the afternoon session Friday, it was something to behold, four birdies and a match-clinching eagle. Great stuff, even if you were rooting for the other side.To his credit, Willett tried to downplay the grief he took. The Masters champion had lauded the way American spectators embraced him during and following his victory at Augusta National, and he also knows he did nothing to incite such behavior.There were a few little shouts in there, and bits and bobs, but hopefully they are all following me around so the rest of the lads can do their business, he said.Now thats taking one for the team, a team that you know is using all the ugliness as motivation. Cheap NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.