Chase creates those doubts, those storyli

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.05.2018 14:30
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Tim Cahill is just two goals away from an almighty Socceroos scoring milestone that even he sounds surprised by.The 36-year-old is on the brink of tallying 50 international goals and with three World Cup qualifying fixtures to come in the next two months, few would bet against it happening this year.Cahills predatory instincts were on display once more on Tuesday in Abu Dhabi, scoring the only goal of the game - and his 48th in a Socceroos shirt - as a substitute to give Australia a priceless victory.Now within touching distance of the half-century, Cahill says its not a motivator.Ive never been too worried about 50 goals, he said.I remember a stage when I was at 38 and the question was whether Id get to 40.Cahill is on the brink of a half century because of his extraordinary consistency,The striker has netted an international goal every year for the last 13, beating the next best Socceroo Graham Arnold by six years.Football statistician Andrew Howe says its a run even Pele couldnt manage, and a current run outdone only by Englands Wayne Rooney (14 years) and matched by Cristiano Ronaldo.In a neat piece of Australian symmetry, Matildas legend Lisa De Vanna also matches Cahills streak in a gold shirt.Learning of the company he kept for the first time, Cahill credited coach Ange Postecoglou for his tough-love approach.When you hear a stat like that, it is something to be proud of and keep you striving for more, he said.The way you think of it as a footballer, youre trying to get to the next camp.Ange has made it clear to the boys that no one has a God-given right to be here.Since Ange has taken over, hes always challenged me, (saying) why cant this be your best ever World Cup? Or best ever Asian Cup? Or your best ever camp?.Goal No.48 was classic Cahill.Freeing himself from a tussle with a defender, Cahill found enough space to volley home Brad Smiths curling cross.While admitting playing into his 30s brought challenges, Cahill said he was also benefiting from his hard-earned reputation as an international goalscorer.Thats what Im there to do - upset defenders, he said.They give me the respect I deserve because of what Ive done over the past 10 years. I want to put fear into these defenders and in the end it worked in my favour. Maximiliano Meza Argentina Jersey . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. Angel Di Maria Argentina Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. http://www.wholesaleargentinajerseys.com/federico-fazio-argentina-jersey/ . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. Cristian Pavon Argentina Jersey . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Manuel Lanzini Argentina Jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. If Kyle Busch didnt enjoy the way Carl Edwards raced him Sunday at Kansas, just wait until this Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway.Talladega, in addition to serving as the ultimate gut-wrencher with the dangerous accident-prone style of restrictor-plate racing in packs, also rates high on the frustration meter in ultimate teammate angst.Every time NASCAR drops the rag at Talladega, fans watch to see which drivers help another, which drivers turn into true teammates and which ones turn into true competitors, not to mention which drivers will help a bitter, hated rival just to help themselves while clinging to the nugget of hope that they can have the last laugh by making the move to win the race.?But throw into the mix a Chase elimination race -- thank goodness, next year it wont be -- and the dynamics of the 2016 quarterfinal round, and this race sets up as an even more awesome or more foolish exercise that some will cheer with all their hearts and others will rue with all their boiling blood.?Throw out the NASCAR 100 percent rule in this race. Any driver laying back early to avoid the mess still works toward getting the best finish possible. Because the nature of the racing centers on a driver needing to work the draft, any driver who makes a move -- or stays in line to push -- can make the argument that the risk versus reward was enough for the decision.?Which brings us back to Edwards and Busch. They tussled for positions late at Kansas. Edwards raced hard and Busch sidestepped the question when asked on national television whether he was good with the way Edwards raced him. His answers mimicked the ones he gave after Richmond earlier this year, with his mannerisms indicating he was none too pleased but the only pain in his words coming from biting his tongue.?From the outside looking in, it doesnt appear that Busch had much reason to get all pinched. It was late in the race, they raced hard, they didnt crash and Edwards had the better car.?But if something like that gets Busch upset, what should fans expect of drivers in the final laps at Talladega??Of the 10 drivers vying for six spots left in the semifinal round of eight, half of them drive Toyotas. All four of the Joe Gibbs Racing drivers plus affiliate Martin Truex Jr. need to finish the race for a good chance to advance. Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin, whose side-by-side run in the final lap of the Daytona 500 with Matt Kenseth was a stellar battle of teammates-be-damned, sits in the worst spot of the five.?The remainder: Two Ford drivers from Team Penske, plus three Chevrolets -- one from Hendrick, Childress and Stewart-Haas.?It appears that a driver such as SHRs Kurt Busch has a huge advantage. He has three teammates -- Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart and Danica Patrick -- who likely will give Busch a push if he needs it to make the Chase.?Stewart, speaking Wednesday following a Mobil 1 event that promotted its commercial vehicle oil, poured oil into his transporter for the weekend and then talked about the slippery slope of restrictor-plate racing.dddddddddddd His plan: Ride in the back, first for self-preservation but also because he knows it could end up helping Busch.?All I care about is Kurt, Stewart said. Thats the only one I care about this weekend. ... Ill sit in the back and Ill cruise and that way if they have a bad pit stop or something and they get disconnected from the pack, Ill be back there to pick him up and make sure we get him back to where he needs to be. ?At testing at Homestead earlier this week, Busch said the team had not yet talked strategy.?It does make perfect sense that the 41 [of me] should have a lot of focus on it this week at Stewart-Haas Racing, he said.??While SHR can easily focus its efforts, the Toyotas have the opposite problem. They all would normally work together but they also know that helping one driver might not be good for No. 1 when it comes to the checkered flag.?Everybody at JGR, we work very well together, Edwards said Tuesday. You can see it. We all race hard. Kyle and I raced each other very hard [at Kansas]. Matt and I raced each other hard on a restart early in the race.?As long as we can balance that and as long as we can motivate one another and not take it over the edge, I think its great.?But it wont be great for the driver who tries to make a move but gets hung out to dry and ends up not advancing. Then again, the Toyotas, while having a decent-sized group to lean on, might not get much help from anyone else.?They wont help us so why would we help them? Stewart said. Thats kind of the scenario that its put into.?For race fans, that either makes it intriguing or infuriating. And yet Stewart knows he might end up helping someone he doesnt want to just because of the situation.Its kind of like being Peyton Manning -- youre just going to have to call an audible as the race goes on, Stewart said.?Oh, the drama. Lets just hope, as far as race strategy, that fans are not talking about whether a driver wrecked someone on purpose to advance as they did a year ago. Whether Kevin Harvick wrecked Trevor Bayne on purpose or not, the design of the elimination-style Chase creates those doubts, those storylines of the blurring of the border of racing ethics. The drivers have incentive to make moves they would have never considered before 2014. Whether that turns into a good thing or bad thing, an exciting drama or a dark comedy, NASCAR fans will find out Sunday.?This has got potential to be really chaotic this weekend because of the cutoff this week, Stewart said. There are a lot of guys who have had a bad week having to make up for it.?I dont think its going to be a very calm, peaceful race. China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.