st shot her second straight 5-under 67 to take th

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 20.05.2018 16:14
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ARDMORE, Pa. -- Dont let the location fool you. Adam Scott spends a lot of time in the Bahamas, which is where he does most of his work. Scott has spent part of his time in the Bahamas the past couple of years, practicing and playing out of Albany Golf Club. The practice is important, because Scott has limited his schedule in recent years, and the key to that is being ready to compete when he does play on tour. "There are times when practice is a couple of hours a day," Scott said. "And then there are times, like last week, where good preparation and good practice is four to five hours a day. "I like that kind of number, because thats about the amount of time that I try to concentrate playing a round on tour. Its not just random. I think the amount of things I do randomly with golf is very few. Most of it is planned and purposeful." He said practicing between four and five hours is the right amount of time to get quality work and keep his focus, as he would in a round of golf. Scott said the new balance of limited tournaments and more practice to keep sharp has made him a better player. He wasnt the first to think of this. "Its no secret," Scott said. "Tiger (Woods) doesnt play much and he plays well all the time. (Greg) Norman played a really limited schedule, and he was a dominant player for a long time. It depends on what you do when youre not playing. Its not sitting at home on the couch. Its doing something thats making you better." But what about the rest of his time in the Bahamas? Go to the beach. Fishing? "I go to the gym," Scott said. And after the gym? "Then I sit on the couch," he said with a smile. ------ THE HANDSHAKE: In what was talked about Monday as "The Handshake," Tiger Woods and Sergio Garcia finally saw each other on the practice range for the first time since Garcia jokingly said last month he would have Woods over for dinner during the U.S. Open and "we will serve fried chicken." They shook hands on the range, a moment captured by a fan who posted it to his Twitter account. Woods and Garcia had been going at it since the third round of The Players Championship, a feud that began when Garcia suggested Woods should have been paying attention when taking a club from the bag, which caused the gallery to cheer as Garcia was about to play his shot. They traded bards for the next few weeks through the media, which led to Garcias remark May 22 at a European Tour awards dinner in England. Both are scheduled to have news conferences Tuesday. ------ ALTERNATES: Former Masters champion Mike Weir has done just enough at qualifying to earn a spot at the U.S. Open. Weir got one of six spots that had been set aside to accommodate anyone who moved into the top 60 in the world ranking published Monday. Kyle Stanley, who finished third at the Memorial, was at No. 60. He was the only one who qualified from the latest world ranking. After that, five players who were alternates at the 36-hole sectional qualifying spots filled the 156-man field. Weir lost in a playoff at the main Ohio qualifier and was first alternate. Also getting into the U.S. Open as a qualifying alternate were Ryan Palmer, Ryan Yip, Rikard Karlberg and Harold Varner III. The next two alternates for the U.S. Open are Jesse Schutte, followed by T.J. Vogel. ------ THE HOGAN PLAQUE: Most players have stopped in the 18th fairway at Merion to see the plaque that commemorates where Ben Hogan hit 1-iron into the green in the final round of the 1950 U.S. Open. It led to par to get him into a three-man playoff that he won the next day. Thats a moment that wont be duplicated this week. For one thing, that distance (214 yards) is more like a 4-iron or 5-iron for the modern player. Plus, no one carries a 1-iron. Jason Day has one in the bag, though its stamped as a 2-iron. He had his equipment company bend the loft of the club so that it works like a 1-iron. Day has had it in play the past few tournaments. Hes not sure if he will use it at Merion, saying its mostly for the British Open at Muirfield. He dropped a ball by the plaque during a practice round Sunday, but this was no time for his new clubs. Day hit 4-iron, instead. ------ ADAMS LOW PROFILE: Except for the biggest stars, most players win a major and hit the talk-show circuit. Adam Scott kept it simple after winning The Masters. He made one appearance on an American TV show, one for his native Australia. "I felt they were important for me to do," Scott said. "I feel Ive been welcomed in the States and really supported and I also wanted to show my appreciation for everyone in America, as well, because Im really lucky how much support I get out here. I really enjoy playing in front of everyone. But I felt thats all I needed to do. I try and entertain people on the golf course, not on talk shows." Chris Covington Jersey .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. Bo Scarbrough Jersey .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. http://www.dallascowboysjerseyscheap.com/ . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. Dorance Armstrong Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Discount Cowboys Jersesys . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. MEXICO CITY -- Austin Ernst shot her second straight 5-under 67 to take the third-round lead in the Citibanamex Lorena Ochoa Invitational on Saturday.Ernst had her second straight bogey-free round at Club de Golf Mexico after opening with a 72. The 24-year-old American won the 2014 Portland Classic for her lone LPGA Tour title. She had a one-stroke lead at 10-under 206.Second-round leader Sarah Jane Smith of Australia had a 72 to drop into a tie for second with Carola Ciganda (68), the Spanish player who won her first LPGA Tour title last month in South Korea.Angela Stanford, the winner of the inaugural event in 2008 at Guadalajara Countrry Club, had a 69 to match Karine Icher (70) and Mi Jung Hur (71) at 8 under.ddddddddddddexican amateur Maria Fassi had a 65 to get to 6 under. Shes a freshman at the University of Arkansas. Gaby Lopez also was 6 under after a 73 on her home course.Canadas Brooke Henderson, the highest-ranked player in the field at No. 7, was 4 under after a 68.Michelle Wie was tied for 20th at 1 under after a 74. The 2009 winner in Guadalajara, shes playing on a sponsor invite after failing to qualify for the 30-player event. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.