ar-old qualifies for Scotland through his grand

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 17.05.2018 16:50
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

DETROIT -- James Shields finished an awful August on a slightly better note.Then the game slipped away from the Chicago bullpen.Jarrod Saltalamacchias two-run homer in the eighth inning lifted the Detroit Tigers to a 4-3 victory over the White Sox on Monday night. Shields allowed two runs and six hits in six innings, but Chicago couldnt hold a one-run lead for him.Its tough, because James did a really nice job, manager Robin Ventura said. He was bobbing and weaving against a lot of traffic, but he kept making huge pitches when he needed them.Detroit trailed 3-2 after a solo homer in the seventh by Chicagos Tyler Saladino, but Saltalamacchias towering drive off Nate Jones (5-3) put the Tigers ahead.Justin Upton also went deep for the Tigers, who pulled within a game of Baltimore for the American Leagues second wild card.Justin Wilson (4-4) got the win in relief, and Francisco Rodriguez pitched a perfect ninth for his 37th save in 40 chances.Saladino drove in all three Chicago runs.Shields was 0-4 with a 13.95 ERA in five August starts coming into Mondays game, but the Tigers didnt do much against him. Miguel Cabrera hit a sacrifice fly in the third, but Saladinos two-run single put the White Sox ahead the following inning.The first couple innings I was a little erratic, but I thought I settled down and was able to pound the strike zone, Shields said. Ive really done that in my last few starts, but tonight I think I had more luck.Upton tied it in the sixth with a solo home run. Saladino led off the seventh with his eighth homer of the season.Chicago used three relievers to get through the seventh, and Jones came on in the eighth. He walked Martinez and Saltalamacchia went deep one out later.You just have to tip your hat because Nate has been as consistent as anyone out there, Ventura said. Saltys gotten us a few times before.Saltalamacchias drive was so high in the air, it was fair to doubt whether it had the right trajectory to clear the wall in right-center field.I saw the outfielders kind of meeting right at that little Bermuda Triangle out there, so I got a little scared, Saltalamacchia said. When I didnt see them catch it, I was definitely happy.Detroit starter Matt Boyd allowed two runs and seven hits in four-plus innings.MILESTONESRodriguez earned his 423rd save, moving one ahead of Billy Wagner for fifth on the career list. Cabreras third-inning RBI gave him 1,003 with the Tigers, tying Alan Trammell for 10th in team history.STREAKChicagos Jose Abreu had a single and a double and has reached base in 25 consecutive games.ROTATIONTigers manager Brad Ausmus said before the game rookie RHP Michael Fulmer would likely start Saturday at Kansas City. That would give Fulmer six days rest between starts as Detroit tries to manage his workload.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: CF Adam Eaton was in the lineup after leaving Sundays game because of a bruised forearm. He went 0 for 4 with a walk.Tigers: RHP Mike Pelfrey (lower back strain) allowed a run and three hits in three innings in a rehab start for Triple-A Toledo at Indianapolis. He struck out two. ... CF Cameron Maybin left in the fifth with a bruised left thumb.UP NEXTWhite Sox: RHP Anthony Ranaudo (1-1) starts Tuesday night against the Tigers. He allowed six runs in 5 1/3 innings in his most recent start, Thursday against Seattle.Tigers: LHP Daniel Norris (2-2) takes the mound. He allowed two runs in 6 1/3 innings Thursday at Minnesota.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Tyrell Crosby Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Calvin Johnson Womens Jersey . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. http://www.cheapdetroitlionsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-barry-sanders-jersey . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Christian Jones Jersey . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Michael Roberts Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Tossed up as a shock Kangaroos selection contender, Penrith veteran Peter Wallace aims to be at the Four Nations tournament in England one way or another.The revitalised Wallace is set to cap an excellent NRL season after putting his hand up for Scotland in their Four Nations debut next month, three years after representing the Bravehearts in the 2013 World Cup.Ive spoken to the coach, Steve McCormack, and said Im available. But Ill obviously have to wait and see when we finish up and see how were going, Wallace told AAP.However Wallace revealed his decision would also hinge on whether he gets a phone call from Australia coach Mal Meninga, who is likely to seek a back-up for hooker Cameron Smith.With incumbent NSW State of Origin rake Robbie Farah currently without a club and Cronulla rival Michael Ennis retiring at the end of the year, Wallace has been mentioned as a possible understudy to Smith.Sydney Roosters skipper Jake Friend, Brisbane No.9 Andrew McCullough and North Queensland counterpart Jake Granville are other options.Meninga could also experiment with throwingg Broncos halfback Ben Hunt or Roosters playmaker Mitchell Pearce in as a makeshift hooker.dddddddddddd.But Penrith-born Wallace has played a critical role in the Panthers charge to the finals following his late career-shift from halfback to hooker, and was rewarded with a two-year contract extension in July.And should he top it all off by pulling on the green and gold, Wallace couldnt say no.Obviously Scotlands my heritage, but Australia is my country. If I got the opportunity to play for Australia, obviously Id have to go in that direction, he said.The 30-year-old qualifies for Scotland through his grandmother, and could join a squad that would also boast current NRL players Luke Douglas, Kane Linnett and Ian Henderson.Obviously rugby leagues not very big over there and the team they played in the European tour had a lot of locals. Just to get into Four Nations is a great achievement, he said.Itd be nice to beat England. Thats the main goal. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.