ations. So hopefully we will have a series

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 17.05.2018 16:46
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Eric Hosmer has been trying to find his way out of a long slump, and coming to Detroit may have done the trick.A night after homering in a win over the Tigers, Hosmer spent most of Wednesday torturing the Comerica Park crowd.He walked in the fifth inning to break up Anibal Sanchezs perfect game, doubled in the seventh to end Sanchezs no-hit bid, then hit a tie-breaking two-run homer in the ninth to lead the Kansas City Royals to a 4-1 victory over Detroit and a three-game sweep.I dont think weve swept a series here in my career -- we havent even won more than a couple, he said. Ive been struggling for about a month now, but it has started to come around, and tonight felt really good.Sanchez threw seven shutout innings after allowing eight runs in four innings in his previous start. He struck out six and walked two Wednesday.Thats as good as Ive ever seen Anibal Sanchez throw the ball, Royals manager Ned Yost said. I had seen what he had done in his last start, but I know that when hes on, he has ridiculous command of his fastball and a phenomenal changeup. Thats what he had tonight.Sanchez agreed.Today, everything was coming out good, he said. I felt good all game, and I just wanted to keep the score at 1-0. I wasnt thinking about the no-hitter.The Tigers have lost eight of their last 10 games.Im not whining -- we have to come out and win a game tomorrow, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. They came up with big hits late tonight and we didnt. That was the difference.Justin Wilson replaced Sanchez for the eighth with a 1-0 lead and allowed a tying homer to Alex Gordon on his first pitch.In the ninth, Shane Greene (2-3) allowed a one-out single to Lorenzo Cain before Hosmers line drive into the right-field stands. Drew Butera added an RBI single later in the inning.I made a bad pitch to a good hitter, Greene said. It was a cutter and I tried to get too perfect with it. It happens.Matt Strahm (1-0) got his first career win with 1 2/3 scoreless innings of relief, and Kelvin Herrera pitched the ninth for his sixth save.Victor Martinez gave the Tigers a 1-0 lead in the second with a homer over the 365-foot sign in right-center field. Detroit had 11 more baserunners, but hit into two double plays and stranded nine.The Royals didnt come close to getting a runner in the first four innings, but Hosmer and Gordon both drew walks in the fifth.Sanchez got through the inning without a hit, but was already at 80 pitches, and he came into the game having allowed a 1.080 OPS after his 75th pitch.Sanchez got through the sixth on eight pitches, then retired the first two batters in the seventh without trouble, but Hosmer lined a first-pitch curveball into the left-center field gap to end the drama.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: RHP Kris Medlen, sidelined since May 21 with rotator-cuff inflammation, threw two scoreless innings in a Rookie-level Arizona League game. ... LHP Jason Vargas, who has missed the entire season after Tommy John surgery, was scheduled to start Wednesday night for Double-A Northwest Arkansas.Tigers: Miguel Cabrera returned after sitting out Tuesdays loss with a strained left biceps. He didnt look entirely comfortable, shaking his arm after swings, but hit a 112 mph groundball in the third inning, per Statcast. ... LF Tyler Collins left the game after seven innings with a right-knee contusion. He had been hit by Yordano Venturas 99 mph fastball in the sixth, and Ausmus said hes expected to miss a few games.FORGIVING FANSErick Aybar got a loud cheer from the Comerica Park crowd when he batted for the first time as a Tiger -- a change from his usual greeting in Detroit. In 2011, Aybar bunted to try to break up Justin Verlanders no-hitter in the eighth inning, drawing an angry response from both the Tigers ace and the fans.Verlander joked that the Tigers trading for Aybar on Tuesday made him glad he didnt retaliate.I told him I was going to hit him, but I never did, Verlander said. So that will make things easier in the clubhouse.UP NEXTRoyals: Kansas City returns home to start a four-game series with the Twins on Thursday night. Dillon Gee (4-6, 4.78) is scheduled to start against Minnesotas Tyler Duffey (8-8, 5.71).Tigers: Detroit plays Boston on Thursday in the first of a four-game series. Matt Boyd (4-2, 4.16) faces Clay Buchholz (4-9. 5.66) in a game being played during the afternoon because of a Detroit Lions exhibition game at nearby Ford Field in the evening. Cheap 49ers Jerseys . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Youth 49ers Jerseys . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. http://www.official49ersnflauthenticshop.com/dante-pettis-stitched-jersey/ . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Womens 49ers Jerseys . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Tarvarius Moore Stitched Jersey . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. Afghanistan will have to wait till June next year for their next international assignment against a Full Member, when they travel to the West Indies. Neither of the teams will be part of the Champions Trophy, which will also take place at that time of the year in England.In the interim, Afghanistan will take part in a training camp at home, play in this seasons Ahmad Shah Abdali four-day domestic tournament and wait for confirmation on a T20 tournament in Dubai involving other Associate nations. They also are scheduled to host Ireland at Greater Noida for three T20s, five ODIs and a four-day Intercontinental Cup match in March.Afghanistans manager Abdul Wali Amin said that coach Lalchand Rajput wants to focus on fitness during the camp to be held from mid-November.We dont have anything from now till December, Amin said. Maybe next year theres an Associate T20 series in Dubai. The [domestic] four-day tournament started on September 29, and it will go on for more than two months. The national players will need some rest having been on the road for the last three months but, after that, they will have a month-long camp from mid-November. The coach wants to work on their physical fitness, which is very important. They will also work on their fielding and skills development.He said that an increased number of qualified coaches are helpinng Afghanistan cricket improve rapidly, and that focus is also being put on having more of these coaches in charge of representative sides.dddddddddddde have four or five Level 3 coaches currently in Afghanistan. It really helps us promote cricket, especially Under-19 and A team. We have local coaches as assistants in the national team as well. It helps us to promote our own coaching staff.We have enough Level 2 coaches as well. We also have good umpires and physios, and all of it is for Afghanistan cricket to improve.Afghanistan captain Asghar Stanikzai said that his team will take the experience from the short trip to Bangladesh and apply it when they next play a top-level team.We have learnt a lot from this series. It was very important series for us. Playing against Zimbabwe [in Zimbabwe and in the UAE] and Bangladesh has provided us with the opportunity to see how we can play against the Full Member nations. It helps us promote our cricket and get familiar against Full Members.I think we played very well against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. They have beaten a lot of big nations. So hopefully we will have a series against West Indies in June and taking this experience we will be prepared for West Indies. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.