s us from climbing yet another Everest m

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 16.05.2018 15:55
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

EUGENE, Ore. -- New Oregon coach Willie Taggart on Thursday said the Ducks are at a place where they can win a national championship.The unique and innovative qualities that the Oregon brand poses over the national landscape provide us with the opportunity to be successful at the highest level on a consistent basis, Taggart said at his introductory news conference Thursday.Taggart, 40, comes to Oregon via South Florida, where he went 24-25 as a head coach but led the Bulls to a 10-2 record in 2016. Prior to that, he was the head coach at Western Kentucky, his alma mater, going 16-20.Buckle up, because its going to be fun, Taggart said. We going to get after it. Were going to recruit the best of the best -- and you should here at the University of Oregon. We dont have to settle for anything. I look at our football program, and the University of Oregon is a national brand. And were going to go over the entire country to find the best of the best.He replaces Mark Helfrich, who was fired Nov. 29 after going 37-16 in his four seasons as a head coach.A little over a week ago, we set out to find a new leader, a new educator and a new coach to usher Oregon football into a new era, athletic director Rob Mullen said. We sought someone who shared our values, someone who had a track record of success, someone who genuinely cared about our student athletes, yet pushed them well beyond their potential. We found him. Willie Taggart is all of that and more.Taggart has coached in the Pac-12 before. He spent the 2007-09 seasons coaching the running backs under then-head coach Jim Harbaugh at Stanford, where he tutored Doak Walker Award winner Toby Gerhart.Harbaugh, who now coaches at Michigan, sent a congratulatory message on Twitter.Seattle Seahawks star Richard Sherman, who played at Stanford while Taggart was there, also shared his thoughts on Oregons hire.I think its awesome, Sherman said. Fantastic recruiter. Players coach. Theyll be very happy with the guy they got.Taggart said he will require that every member of the staff and team attacks each day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind, a saying that Harbaugh made popular last year.He also cited the influence of Jack Harbaugh, for whom he played at Western Kentucky.Ever since I met Jim Harbaugh, my life has gone nowhere but up, said Taggart, who reportedly received a glowing recommendation from Harbaugh for the Oregon job. Jack Harbaugh, who I played for, is my mentor, my everything. He is everything to me.Taggart said that it was Jack who made him want to become a coach.Seeing how he influenced my life and changed my life, I decided that was something I wanted to do, Taggart said. I wanted to coach. I wanted to influence young men and change their lives like [the Harbaughs] changed mine. Authentic Cowboys Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Chris Covington Jersey .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. http://www.cheapcowboysjerseys.net/cedrick-wilson-jr-womens-jersey/ . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Cheap Cowboys Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Bo Scarbrough Jersey . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. BUDAPEST, Hungary -- As a sport, Formula One has many strengths. Sadly, one of the biggest is our occasional tendency to take a few grains of sand and turn them into the Himalayas, as happened on Saturday night in Budapest.Hours after qualifying ended, news started to spread that up to eleven of the 22 drivers to have taken part in Saturdays session might find themselves disqualified and/or suffer back-of-the-grid drops because they had failed to set Q1 times within the required 107 percent margin of the leaders pace.In the end, the FIA stewards made the only logical decision they could -- a chaotic and rain-soaked session meant that cars fully capable of setting suitable track times simply hadnt had the opportunity to do so in a qualifying session that saw as many red flags as it did drops (buckets?) of rain. As a consequence, the provisional grid was allowed to stand, and the official qualifying results were published six hours after the chequered flag had fallen.It was a mess, even if the right outcome was achieved in the end.The latest iteration of the 107 percent rule (first seen in 1996 and dropped in 2002) came into force for the 2011 season, one year after the arrival of three new teams in the form of Campos Meta/HRT, Team Lotus/Caterham, and Virgin/Marussia/Manor led to endless complaints about borderline-dangerous mobile chicanes causing problems for those cars that were on the pace.In 2011, reviving the 107 percent rule made perfect sense. The 2010 incomers had been consistently five seconds off the pace of the Q1 frontrunners, and up to 10 seconds or more slower at the longer and more power-hungry circuits. Team radio was filled with frontrunners moaning about the mobile chicanes causing problems in qualifying, and in a year where the Q1 dropouts were all but a given, the reintroduction of the rule and speculation over who would or wouldnt make the grade each weekend was the only point of interest in the opening session.Now, however, we have eleven teams who only miss out on the 107 percent margin in highly unusual circumstances, as is reflected in the gaps from top to bottom of the post-qualy classifications in 2016: 105% from fastest to slowest in Q1 in Melbourne, 103% in Bahrain, 103% in Russia.dddddddddddd..The only races so far this season (barring this weekend in Hungary) that have seen violations of the 107 percent rule have been those where -- usually due to an early crash or technical problems -- drivers have been unable to set any time at all in the opening session, or whose time has not been reflective of their cars proven pace: Lewis Hamilton and Pascal Wehrlein in China, Max Verstappen and Felipe Nasr in Monaco, Kevin Magnussen in Canada, and Marcus Ericsson in Silverstone.Even the arrival of American newbies Haas F1 didnt bring about a return of 2010s lumpen backmarkers. Haas came in determined to do it their way, and the combination of a new form of technical partnership with Ferrari plus effective and ballsy team strategy at the first three races of the season meant that the incomers were Q2-ready from the very off.The rule changes coming in 2017 could well split the pack in the early phase of next season, but even that is not reason enough to keep the 107 percent cut-off. We are very fortunate to be in a position where the grid is filled with experienced teams who -- despite periods of domination from one outfit or another -- have proved themselves to be more than capable of reducing gaps to a level where the slower cars are not dangerous to the front-runners, however frustrating they might be to lap.As it stands, the 107 percent rule is subject to the discretion of the stewards, who are able to waive it if they feel that the car in question is capable of racing at acceptable speeds. Why not flip that on its head, and allow stewards to use their discretion to exclude those cars they feel to be unsafe? Our regulations are already complex enough -- a little simplicity is no bad thing, especially if its application prevents us from climbing yet another Everest made from a few small grains of sand. Cheap Jerseys Store Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.