who scored his 10th league goal of the s

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 16.05.2018 15:46
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Andy Murray has become the world’s No 1 tennis player for the first time after Milos Raonic withdrew from their Paris Masters semi-final on Saturday. The walkover was confirmed when Raonic revealed he suffered a tear to his right quad during his last-eight victory over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and would not be able to feature in Saturdays semi-final - handing Murray the final place he needed to secure the ranking, which will become official on Monday morning.Djokovic had been No 1 since June 2014 - a 122-week run at the top of the list - but his quarter-final defeat to Marin Cilic on Friday opened the door for Murray, who now becomes the 26th man to top the rankings and the first Britain to top the standings since the system was introduced in 1973. Speaking to Sky Sports Annabel Croft after treating the locals to a gentle knock-up on court, Murray revealed his pride at the achievement.Its been a strange day, I was pretty excited about the match and bit nervous as well, he said.I heard from Milos soon after I finished my warm-up. Its a strange feeling as you want to do it on the court.But to get to world number one is not about today or yesterday, its about 12 months of work and consistency to get to this point and Im very proud to have done it.Its difficult to say just now, its quite strange to find out that Milos pulled out but Im very proud to have done it.At 29, the Scot is also the oldest player to reach No 1 for the first time since John Newcombe in 1974 and is also the first man other than Djokovic, Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal to hold top spot since Andy Roddick in 2004.Murray will now play John Isner in Sundays final, which you can see on Sky Sports 3 from 2pm, and he will chase an eighth title of the year. Raonic revealed a quad injury suffered on Friday was the reason behind his withdrawal Live ATP Masters Tennis November 6, 2016, 2:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass In June, Djokovics lead had appeared unassailable after he became the first man in 47 years to hold all four Grand Slam titles at the same time, but a shock third-round defeat to Sam Querrey at Wimbledon started a run of form that has allowed Murray to take advantage.Murray, meanwhile, has been imperious form since his defeat in the French Open final to Djokovic.He won his second Wimbledon and Olympic titles and is currently on a hot streak of 19 successive victories including the walkover over Raonic, which has yielded tournament victories in Beijing, Shanghai and Vienna. Murray will go in search of his eighth title of the year on Sunday when he faces John Isner Chris Kermode, ATP executive chairman and president, was full of praise for Murrays achievement, telling the ATP official website: Andy has shown incredible dedication, determination and hard work in his bid to get to No.1.Its difficult to think of a player more deserving of this accolade, what is more in one of the toughest eras in the history of our sport.He has had a phenomenal season and fully deserves this latest recognition, which confirms his status as the best player in the world. New world number one Murray did make an appearance on Court Central after Milos Raonics withdrawal Raonics injury means Murray did not even have to walk on to court to reach the pinnacle, a goal he had set himself for the early part of next season, but he will now head to the season-ending ATP World Tour Finals at Londons O2 as No 1 with the challenge to end the season in that position.Raonic said: Yesterday I started feeling something in my leg. This morning I had trouble getting out of bed.I did an MRI and they found I have a grade-one tear in my right quad and I am not able to compete.Sky Sports analyst Croft said: Its not probably the way he wanted to do it, but it shows its a lot more about the year. Andy said the other day getting to be world No 1 was not about just one match.Its the level of consistency hes put out there for the year. Many congratulations to him. Its a shame we wont see that match, but what a fabulous achievement and what a fabulous day for him.Murrays mother Judy tweeted a simple message on Saturday: Youve come a long way baby. Novak Djokovic had words of praise for Murray after his own quarter-final defeat on Friday Murrays year-end rankings 2003 540 2004 411 2005 64 2006 17 2007 11 2008 4 2009 4 2010 4 2011 4 2012 3 2013 4 2014 6 2015 2 Also See: Murray worthy of top spot Murrays magnificent year Bo Scarbrough Jersey . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Cheap Cowboys Jerseys . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. http://www.officialcowboysnflauthenticshop.com/ . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. Cedrick Wilson Jr. Jersey .4 million title. Ryan Riess emerged with the title after a session in which he started behind, but used expert skill to gather the chips to his side amid the unpredictability of no-limit Texas Hold em. Riess put his final opponent Jay Farber all-in with an Ace-King. Leighton Vander Esch Jersey . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club.Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte labelled his sides win over Middlesbrough as very important with tricky fixtures on the horizon. The Blues went top of the Premier League thanks to Diego Costas 41st-minute winner at the Riverside on Sunday.But their credentials will be tested over the next fortnight as they face Tottenham and then Manchester City. It was very important, Conte told Sky Sports. Today it was very important because these are tricky games. Now we have the week to prepare for a tough game against a strong team in Tottenham.It was a good performance against a very strong team, they drew with Arsenal and City, for this reason I am pleased with our performance.We played a good game, against good opposition, and created many chances to score the second goal. Its important to kill the game if you have chances because anything can happen from corners and crosses, but I am pleased. FT Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Chelsea The win is Chelseas sixth in a row and also their sixth successive clean sheet.ddddddddddddThe impressive run of form comes on the back of their 3-0 defeat to Arsenal, when they switched to three at the back.Its not easy, said Conte. We must not forget how difficult a month ago was, but we have to continue with trust and with our fans, they were against fantastic.Conte also praised Costa, who scored his 10th league goal of the season.Diego is playing good football, with and without the ball, he said. And Pedro and Eden [Hazard], they are very important for our balance. They are working very hard for the team.Diego is always in the action, he is a fantastic striker and is showing this. Also See: Middlesbrough 0-1 Chelsea As it happened Chelsea fixtures Get a £10 free bet! Cheap Jerseys Store Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.