said the organization was told before the Feb. 2

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 15.05.2018 10:30
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Andrew Miller stood slim and tall on the Yankee Stadium mound, snapping off tight sliders as he protected a late lead the same as so many times before.The only thing out of the ordinary was the uniform he wore.Corey Kluber put Clevelands rotation back on track, Miller earned a save against the team that traded him last weekend and the Indians beat the New York Yankees 5-2 on Saturday.Its a lot easier just to focus on executing pitches when theres no relationship or anything like that, Miller said, sounding relieved. This last weeks been pretty hectic and, like I said, happy I survived and found a way.Mike Napoli, Jason Kipnis and Rajai Davis homered to help the AL Central leaders recover from an early two-run deficit.Kluber (11-8) fired eight innings of five-hit ball, beating CC Sabathia (6-9) in a matchup of pitchers who won the AL Cy Young Award with Cleveland.Miller closed with a one-hit ninth for his first save with the Indians. And lo and behold, it came at the expense of his old pals in pinstripes.None of it was fun, honestly. Its tough, Miller said. Its just a huge distraction, honestly.The lanky left-hander, acquired Sunday in a blockbuster deal, entered to a warm ovation at Yankee Stadium and promptly gave up Brett Gardners leadoff single. Jacoby Ellsbury and Mark Teixeira struck out on checked swings before Brian McCann grounded out to end it.It kind of took me back to my Boston days of facing that section of the lineup and pitching a lot here, Miller said. Im glad I got the job done.Millers previous nine saves this year came with New York.Its strange to see him in a different uniform, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. He was just here.With the Indians in dire need of a solid outing after five straight rocky starts, Kluber wobbled early on a muggy, soupy afternoon with a game-time temperature of 84 degrees.Yankees rookie Gary Sanchez lined an RBI double with two outs in the second and scored on a wild pitch that glanced off the mitt of catcher Roberto Perez.Kluber settled in from there, though, and struck out the 3-4-5-6 hitters in the third and fourth. The Yankees also ran themselves out of two chances in the middle innings -- including an embarrassing blunder by Gardner, who went tearing around second base on Ellsburys fly to medium right field and was easily doubled off first.Kluber struck out eight, walked one and threw 100 pitches in improving to 3-0 with a 1.46 ERA in his last five starts.He got things back in order, Indians manager Terry Francona said.Clevelands talented rotation, so effective all season, came in 0-4 with a 15.58 ERA this month. The team was outscored 50-32 overall in losing four of its previous five games.I think the bullpen probably needed a little bit of a break, but I didnt put any more pressure on myself than normal because of the last few games, Kluber said.I dont think the first 100 games or whatever were a fluke, he added. I dont think we have any doubt that guys are going to be back on track.Kipnis connected leading off the fourth for Clevelands first hit and is batting .478 (11 for 23) with four homers against the Yankees this year. Davis delivered a two-out RBI single in the fifth.Napoli broke the tie with an opposite-field solo shot off Sabathia in the sixth over the auxiliary scoreboard in right-center. It was Napolis team-leading 28th homer and sixth in the past eight games. He connected in five straight through Wednesday.Davis went deep against Anthony Swarzak in the seventh, and Kipnis drove in Davis with a ninth-inning single off Nick Goody.Sabathia was charged with three runs in 5 2/3 innings, dropping to 1-5 with a 6.62 ERA in his last nine starts.His command was a little off today, but he still gave us a pretty good shot to win, Girardi said.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: LF Brandon Guyer, acquired Monday from Tampa Bay, made his second start for Cleveland and was hit by a pitch on the left thigh. Guyer has been plunked 24 times this season, most in the majors. ... RHP Joe Colon (shoulder) was set to begin a rehab assignment at Triple-A.Yankees: 3B Chase Headley was rested in favor of rookie Ronald Torreyes, who started two inning-ending double plays in the first four innings. Headley lined out as a pinch-hitter for Torreyes in the eighth.BULLPEN SHUFFLEBoth teams brought up a new reliever before the game. Cleveland recalled TJ House from Triple-A Columbus and optioned fellow lefty Shawn Morimando to its top farm club. New York called up LHP Chasen Shreve from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and sent down RHP Johnny Barbato. Shreve struck out two in 1 1/3 scoreless innings.UP NEXTIndians RHP Carlos Carrasco (7-5, 3.12 ERA) starts the series finale Sunday against RHP Masahiro Tanaka (7-4, 3.46). Carrasco gave up nine hits and a career-high eight runs in 3 2/3 innings Tuesday against Minnesota but is 5-2 with a 1.72 ERA on the road. Tanaka, hit hard Tuesday by the Mets, is 0-2 with a 5.71 ERA in three career starts against Cleveland. Air Max 98 Fossil For Sale . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Cheap Air Max 98 Brown . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. http://www.cheapairmax98.us/cheap-air-max-98-black/ . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. Cheap Air Max 98 Blue . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. Cheap Air Max 98 All Black . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. BOSTON -- The New York Rangers have won the Jimmy Vesey sweepstakes.Vesey, 23, the reigning Hobey Baker Award winner, agreed on a two-year, entry-level deal with the Rangers, the team announced Friday.Vesey became a free agent at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday. In addition to the Buffalo Sabres, who owned exclusive negotiating rights from June 20 to this past Monday, Vesey entered the market with a list of seven teams he considered, and he met with those organizations over a two-day period in Boston, along with his agents, Peter Fish and Peter Donatelli.Vesey said the history of the Rangers organization and its status as an Original Six franchise had a lot to do with his decision.This week I did do a lot of meetings, and it was definitely a tough decision, but myself, my agent and my family were very impressed with the Rangers in our meeting, Vesey said. Talking with coach [Alain] Vigneault and [general manager] Jeff Gorton and Chris Drury, I was really impressed with those guys, and I just thought that New York was somewhere I could play and hopefully stick in the NHL.The thing that jumped out at me was they seemed to really want me, and from talking to them it seemed that they really needed to have me in their lineup and it seemed like they believe in me, so that was something I was looking for, and based on our talks, New York was the right fit.During the process, it was clear that Vesey wanted to play for a team that would give him the opportunity to play in a top-six role. Asked where Vesey would fit into the Rangers lineup, Gorton said its too soon to discuss that.Its hard to say. Hes got an ability to score. He can make plays. Hes a very talented player. Where? What number? What line? I wouldnt want to go down that road and say yet, but he can come in and play, Gorton said. Hes going to come into training camp and do his best to try to fit in as high as he can in our lineup, and thats what were looking for.Vesey met with the the Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Islanders, Pittsburgh Penguins and New Jersey Devils on Tuesday. On Wednesday, he entertained the Rangers, Chicago Blackhawks and finishhed with his hometown Boston Bruins, who gave the prospect an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of their new practice facility set to open this season.ddddddddddddDuring those meetings, the teams pulled out all the stops to woo Vesey.The Blackhawks Patrick Kane was in Boston for Chicagos meeting with Vesey. The Devils Cory Schneider and Kyle Palmieri spoke with Vesey, too. The Rangers Kevin Hayes, a Boston native, has talked with Vesey numerous times this summer while both work out together. The Islanders John Tavares was also in Boston on Tuesday to make his pitch on behalf of the organization. When the Bruins hosted Vesey at the teams new practice facility, numerous Bruins players were in attendance to greet him. Penguins captain Sidney Crosby also reached out to Vesey.The Sabres Jack Eichel, who is a close friend and has been working out with Vesey all summer, also has given his advice about the Buffalo organization.Vesey and his agents started discussing all the options on Thursday afternoon and finally came to a decision on Friday evening.Vesey was originally drafted by the Nashville Predators in the third round (No. 66 overall) in the 2012 NHL entry draft. He played four seasons at Harvard from 2012 to 2016 and finished with 144 points in 128 games for the Crimson. He served as team captain his senior season.The Predators expected to sign the 23-year-old prospect, but Vesey, by his CBA rights, elected to test the free-agent market. At the time, Nashville general manager Dave Poile said the organization already had received confirmation from Vesey that he would sign after his collegiate season concluded.However, Veseys agents said the organization was told before the Feb. 29 NHL trade deadline that their client would not sign and thus become a free agent after Aug. 15.Nashville traded Veseys rights to the Sabres on June 20. Even though Buffalo had exclusive negotiating rights until midnight on Monday, the Sabres knew of Veseys desire to hear other offers. China NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.