. NOTES: The Canadians leave Sunday for Japan

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 10.05.2018 16:30
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Andrelton Simmons confidence was lagging after batting practice. Three hits and his first experience in the middle of a game-ending celebration did wonders for Simmons mood.t4 Simmons hit a game-ending double off Mark Melancon in the 10th inning, lifting the Atlanta Braves to a 5-4 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Tuesday night. Simmons said he was trying too hard when he left the bases loaded with a groundout to end the eighth, and he adjusted in the 10th inning. "I was trying too hard to end it the first time I had a chance," Simmons said. "The last at-bat I was just trying to make sure I made good contact. I made the adjustment to go the other way and fortunately I did it." Melancon (1-1) walked Dan Uggla to open the 10th. B.J. Upton struck out after fouling off an attempted sacrifice bunt. Melancon then hit pinch-hitter Reed Johnson with a pitch, bringing Simmons to the plate. Simmons sent a long fly ball to the gap in right-centre. Uggla jogged calmly around third base with the winning run before the Braves raced to celebrate with Simmons near second base. Jason Heyward hoisted the shortstop, who said he didnt know how to react. "It was weird," Simmons said. "Seeing everybody run and chase me down was kind of an awkward feeling. I didnt know what to do. "They are big guys," he added. "I made sure I protected myself." Simmons, who also reached with a walk, raised his batting average from .248 to .256. Upton hit his second homer in three days, Heyward had two hits and Uggla had two hits and two walks. Simmons said those are all good signs for the Braves lineup. "Its nice to see everybody contributing and its going to show how good this whole lineup can really be," he said, adding he used a patient approach after batting practice "didnt go like I wanted it to. "I just tried to battle and see the most pitches that I could. That helped a lot," Simmons added. Anthony Vavaro (3-0) pitched a perfect 10th. Four Braves relievers combined to allow one hit in four scoreless innings in the Braves fourth straight win. Gaby Sanchez and Pedro Alvarez hit homers for Pittsburgh. The Braves came close to ending it in the ninth. After Justin Uptons broken-bat single to left field, Freddie Freeman hit a deep fly that centre fielder Andrew McCutchen caught at the wall. Grilli walked Brian McCann before striking out Ramiro Pena. The Braves left the bases loaded in the eighth. Tony Watson walked Chris Johnson. Pena, running for Johnson, moved to second base when Watson walked Dan Uggla. B.J. Upton popped out before Pena and Uggla advanced on Watsons wild pitch to pinch-hitter Evan Gattis. Watson then issued an intentional walk to Gattis, loading the bases before Simmons grounded out to end the inning. The Pirates wasted an opportunity against Craig Kimbrel in the ninth. McCutchen, who had a two-run double in the third inning, hit Kimbrels first pitch in the ninth for a single up the middle. With one out, Russell Martin walked. Kimbrel struck out Travis Snider on three pitches and ended the inning on Alvarezs fly to centre field. McCutchens two run double in the third gave the Pirates a 3-0 lead. Freeman cut the lead to 3-2 when he reached out and slapped a two-run, opposite-field double past Alvarez at third base in the third. Former Braves draft pick Jeff Locke left the game in the sixth inning with a 4-2 lead after giving up a two-out single to Uggla. B.J. Upton tied the game with a two-run homer to centre field off right-hander Ryan Reid. "Youre looking at what you feel is your best matchup at the time and it didnt work out," said Pirates manager Clint Hurdle. Locke gave up six hits and three runs in 5 2-3 innings. He matched his season high with seven strikeouts. "I thought everything was working pretty good," Locke said. "I felt pretty good the whole time. There was never any at-bat where I really felt out of it or anything like that. I know I had a couple walks but there were times where I could afford to put that guy on." Minor allowed four hits and four runs, two earned, in six innings. Martin made his first career start in right field. Martin, the starting catcher in Mondays opening game of the series, has appeared in three games at third base this season but no games in the outfield. The Braves traded Locke to the Pirates on June 3, 2009, as part of a package that sent outfielder Nate McLouth to Atlanta. The Pirates also acquired right-hander Charlie Morton in the deal. NOTES: The Pirates are off Thursday before opening at series at the Chicago Cubs. Hurdle said he plans to use Francisco Liriano, A.J. Burnett and Locke as his starting pitchers in Chicago. ... Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said he plans to start Gattis on Wednesday to give McCann a rest in the day game following Tuesday nights game. ... The three-game series ends when Braves RHP Julio Teheran faces Pirates LHP Wandy Rodriguez. The game will end the Braves eight-game homestand. Jon Casey Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Neal Broten Jersey .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. http://www.hockeystarsonline.com/adidas+kari+lehtonen+stars+jersey . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Tyler Seguin Jersey . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Mike Modano Jersey . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. TORONTO -- Two Canadian rugby records were rewritten Saturday night at BMO Field. But the lustre of the accomplishments was lost amid Canadas disappointing 40-14 loss to Ireland in a Test match against a side that proved far too dominant. Record No. 1 saw James Pritchard become the all-time leading scorer for Canada, in front of record No. 2: the fans. The game drew a crowd of 20,396, the largest ever for a rugby game in this country. Both Pritchard and the Canadian fans, however, walked away disappointed. "It was nice that it happened, to get it out of the way," Pritchard said of the record. "But this whole week has been concentrating on winning the game of rugby. That comes first for me. Its a disappointing way to get that record, when we put a disappointing performance out on the field." The Australian-born Pritchard, who was making his 49th appearance for Canada, came into the game needing just seven points to overtake former captain Gareth Rees national record of 491 points. He scored nine with his boot, all of them in the first half. Tyler Ardron scored the lone try for a 13th-ranked Canadian team that remains without a victory against No. 8 Ireland. "Were very disappointed," said Canadian coach Kieran Crowley. "We had a couple of things we wanted to play but we couldnt do it under the pressure they put us on. "But as far as the guys, they dug deep. In todays game, you can get beaten with a score like that, but there wasnt a helluva lot in it. They were obviously too dominant for us, because we never looked like scoring again after we scored that try." Ireland -- which won despite having lost 11 of its top players to the British & Irish Lions -- got three tries from Fergus McFadden, plus one apiece from Andrew Trimble, Darren Cave and Tommy ODonnell. Ian Madigan had six points on converts, while Paddy Jackson added four for Ireland, which against Canada is 5-0-1. Despite the loss, the Canadian players raved about the fans, most of whom were dressed in the red and black of Canada, but a good chunk also clad in Irish green. "Weve never come across a crowd like this in Canada," Pritchard said. "The boys were excited to get out there and play, and if you had gone into that dressing room today, you would have seen how disappointed everyone is, because we wanted to put on a good performance. Everyonee in there felt we let the 20,000-plus people down out there tonight.dddddddddddd" As is their routine, the tight-knit Canadian team walked off the field after warmup as a unit, one mans hand on the next mans shoulder. They stood arm in arm swaying to the national anthem. After the final whistle, they jogged around the pitch saluting the fans. The Canadians were coming off a victory last week over No. 12 Tonga. Theyd also recently beaten No. 14 Fiji and the United States. Canada held its own for the first half Saturday as the Irish led just 12-9 at halftime. Ardron muscled in for Canadas try off a ruck six minutes into the second half to give the Canadians a 14-12 lead, but it would be short-lived. Caves sprint from about 40 metres straight down the middle was the first of three tries the visitors would score in much the same fashion. "We were out to win that game, thats what I told the boys," Canadas captain Aaron Carpenter said. "Were tired of being second-fiddle and coming close and being happy with coming close. We want to win, and thats what we went out to do today." Canada has tied Ireland once -- 27-27 in Markham, Ont., in 2000. Ireland won 25-6 in Vancouver in 2009, the last time they met. The fans didnt even see Irelands best Sunday. The 11 missing were with the Lions, who are currently on tour in Australia. Those 11 have a combined 528 caps and 834 points. Six Irish players earned their first caps Saturday. "Im thrilled for the guys," said Irish coach Les Kiss. "Three weeks ago we got together and put a plan together, the way the guys went about their business right through the back end was fantastic, and for Fergus to knock down in injury time to give himself three tries epitomized what were about." Saturdays Ireland starting 15 had a combined cap count of 191, in contrast the Canadian starters have 292 combined caps. But the entire Ireland squad is filled by professional teams, while only seven of Canadas starting 15 play professionally. NOTES: The Canadians leave Sunday for Japan and their Pacific Nations Cup finale on Wednesday in Nagoya. ... Trimble earned his 50th cap for Ireland. ... The game was the third Canada has played at BMO Field. The Canadians will host the U.S. in a World Cup qualifier on Aug. 24. ... Both Canadas womens rugby team and womens field hockey team attended the game. Cheap Authentic Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.