ecause it will prevent many on-field arguments. "I lik

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 05.05.2018 07:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

MOSCOW -- Russian long jumper Daria Klishina is facing a barrage of criticism at home for agreeing to compete under a neutral flag.Because Russian track and field athletes were suspended globally following state-sponsored doping, the U.S.-based Klishina was given permission by the IAAF over the weekend to compete as a neutral athlete because she met exceptional eligibility criteria.But that enraged some Russians, who called her a traitor, and pointed out she lives and trains abroad.One social media account published her picture in a leaflet that was reminiscent of Nazi propaganda that encouraged collaboration in the occupied territories of the Soviet Union.Russian athletes, the only thing you have to do in order to compete in the Olympics is to give up the banner of your country, the leaflet said. Do give up the shameful Russian flag!Even the typically bland state-owned Rossiyskaya Gazeta published an opinion piece lambasting Klishina.Theyve allowed only one Russian, the long jumper Daria Klishina, to compete at the Olympics only because she trains in the United States, veteran sports journalist Nikolai Dolgopolov wrote. How silly is that?Klishina dismissed the criticism in a piece published by the All-Russia Athletic Federation, and said she hopes other Russians will be cleared.It is not like I started training in the United States with an American trainer a month ago, she said. I have been there for three years now, that is why I think it is wrong to accuse me and call me a traitor of the motherland. I still hope that it wont be just me who gets to go to Rio.More than 80 Russian athletes have applied for clearance from the IAAF, and only Klishina and doping whistleblower Yulia Stepanova have had their requests accepted.The IOC has yet to allow them to compete in the Rio de Janeiro Games.Dmitry Peskov, the spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, sought to lower the tensions on Monday.Its not the right time for emotions, its time for legal actions that we are undertaking, Peskov said. Court decisions are pending. Russian athletes and those who represent them will use all legal means at their disposal and fight till the bitter end. Dion Lewis Jersey . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. Shea McClellin Jersey . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. http://www.patriotsauthenticofficialstore.com/authentic-vincent-valentine-jersey.html . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. John Hannah Jersey . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. LaAdrian Waddle Jersey . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4.Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon has a message for the opponents of expanded replay in baseball, the critics who talk about the human element and the pace of the game. Go all the way, he said. "I really challenge them to go back and throw away all this new stuff. Microwaves, throw it away," Maddon said. "Take away all these comforts of this technology thats sprung up over the last how many years to make our lives better. To just bury your head in the sand and just reference old school all the time to me is a really poor argument." While Maddon was ready to dive straight into expanded replay, much of baseball offered a tentative endorsement of Thursdays proposal for increased video review options for next season. Atlanta Braves President John Schuerholz, a member of baseballs replay committee along with former managers Joe Torre and Tony La Russa, said 89 per cent of incorrect calls made in the past will be reviewable, but he did not provide a list. "Im all for getting calls right. Thats a good thing," Twins catcher Joe Mauer said. "I really havent seen the changes that are going to be made, so I really dont have an opinion on that. But to make the game better, thats what were all striving for." A 75 per cent vote by the owners is needed for approval, and the players association and umpires would have to agree to any changes to the current system. But most players and managers seemed pleased while waiting to learn more about the new system. "Im all for it, reviewing the plays," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "I am, and how we do it, Im not set in a certain way, but I think its a good thing. I think most managers are all for it, too, and I think most umpires. Its all about getting it right so Im excited to hear this has a strong possibility to be part of the game." Umpires have come under increased scrutiny following several missed calls this season. Managers will be allowed one challenge over the first six innings of a game and two from the seventh inning until the completion of the game. Balls and strikes are not reviewable, and challenged calls are settled by a crew at MLB headquarters in New York City, which will make a final ruling. The amount of challenges and the emphasis on the last part of the game drew the attention of several managers. "I just dont like the idea that the earlier part of the gamee is considered less important than the latter part of the game," Maddon said.dddddddddddd. "Thats all. I know weve lost games in the first inning. You could lose games in the second inning." Royals manager Ned Yost thinks three challenges is too many. "Its more than we need," he said. "Im sitting back and thinking, probably in the last two weeks or three weeks, I cant think of three balls I would have challenged, but its still nice to have the ability to be able to do it." A manager who sees a call he feels is incorrect can file a challenge with the crew chief or home plate umpire. Only reviewable plays can be challenged. Non-reviewable plays can still be argued by managers, who can request that the umpires discuss it to see if another member of the crew saw the play differently. Reviewable plays cannot be argued by the manager. Challenges not used in the first six innings will not carry over, and a manager who wins a review will retain it. The home run replay rules currently in use will be grandfathered in to the new system, Schuerholz said. "I think the biggest thing is that everybody watching the game knows at home -- you know, because they replay it -- so we want to make sure the calls get right," said pitcher C.J. Wilson, the union rep for the Angels, "and weve had some instances where the calls havent been right over the last couple years. "Thats why weve gone to the replay thing, is because the seasons coming down to the last game for some of these teams that are in the wild-card race or whatever," he said, "and if they lose a game because of a replay that doesnt happen, you can imagine how upset they would be." One of the biggest concerns is slowing down the game. Schuerholz said with a direct line of communication between the central office and the ballparks the expectation is that replays under the new system will take 1 minute, 15 seconds. Current replays average just over 3 minutes. Some said the use of replay could have a positive effect on the pace because it will prevent many on-field arguments. "I like the fact that I dont have to argue with the umpires, because Im not a good arguer to begin with," Yost said. "I lose my mind, I start using bad language, and you dont get anywhere. ... I just think this is going to be a much, much better system." Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.