ks the series finale. He has lost two of his last t

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 03.05.2018 14:48
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Aleksander Lesun had four years to get over his disappointment in London, four years to prepare for his next opportunity.When it came, he was ready.No missed shots. No missed medals. Only gold.Calm and collected on a stage he had once failed on before, Lesun captured gold in mens modern pentathlon at the Rio de Janeiro Games on Saturday for his first Olympic medal.Pavlo Tymoschenko of Ukraine earned silver and Ismael Hernandez Uscanga bronze for Mexicos first modern pentathlon medal.I really upset (about London), but I tried to be calm and do the same thing, said Lesun, who won Russias fourth modern pentathlon gold in the past five Olympics.Lesun has been one of the most consistent pentathletes in the world.The 28-year-old who was born in Belarus and now lives Moscow won world titles in 2012 and 2014, never finishing worse than third in seven world championships. He also came to Rio as the world record holder in overall points (1,534) and fencing (586).The glaring omission on Lesuns resume was an Olympic medal. He was in position for one at the 2012 London Games, entering the final round in third place, but needed 10 shots to hit five targets and fell to fourth.Lesun and Tymoschenko were the favorites heading into the Rio Games and lived up to expectations.Lesun set an Olympic record in the opening fencing with 268 points, finished 22nd in swimming and had a 23-point lead after the one-touch fencing bonus round. He maintained his lead after the equestrian event and stayed through the final event, a combination of running and shooting.Despite Tymoschenko charging through the field, Lesun was far enough ahead that he could miss 10 shots in the final event. With Tymoschenko well behind, Lesun waved to the crowd about 30 yards from the finish line and collapsed to the ground shortly after taking the tape.I did my job, Lesun said.Tymoschenko made a huge jump to the medal stand. The 29-year-old from Kiev is the reigning world champion and ran like it in Rio, moving up from eighth to second in the running/shooting combination for his countrys second Olympic medal in modern pentathlon.I came here not just participate, I came here for a medal, Tymoschenko said. There was some pressure, but last year I had my biggest achievement winning the world championship, so it was OK here in the Olympic Games.Hernandez Uscanga moved up to sixth after a clean equestrian ride and made up ground in the final event, edging Frances Valetin Prades by a second to capture the bronze medal. Nike Epic React Flyknit Homme . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Homme Air Max 95 TT Chaussures . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. http://www.max95pascher.fr/nike-air-vapormax.html . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Air Max 95 Noir Promo .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Air Max 95 Ultra Noir Et Blanche . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. ST. LOUIS -- Yadier Molina thought Carlos Martinez was done early.It turned out a nosebleed that halted Wednesdays day-night doubleheader opener for about 12 minutes in the second inning was just a minor issue. The St. Louis Cardinals right-hander was even better once the bleeding stopped.It actually really helped me stay focused after the fact, Martinez said through an interpreter after working seven dominant innings in a 4-2 victory over the San Diego Padres. I was trying to stay in the game, and my mind in the game where it should be.Martinez said he also dealt with the issue last season and awoke with a nosebleed on Wednesday. The pitcher assured manager Mike Matheny he was fine, and trainers staunched the flow with cotton balls and petroleum jelly while Martinez sat on the field near the mound.We were going to sit there and plug it until he pitched, there wasnt another option, Matheny said.Only 11,191 fans were in the seats for the opener, rescheduled from a rainout on Tuesday night. Paid attendance was 40,184.When I came out early I was like `Wow, what happened here? Molina said.Matt Holliday, Jedd Gyorko and Molina homered off Colin Rea (5-4). Gyorko is 10 for 17 against his old team with three homers and seven RBI. He has homered against the Padres four straight games.Ive said the same thing for three or four games, Gyorko said. I dont really have an explanation for it.San Diego opened with Travis Janikowskis double and Ryan Schimpfs two-run homer but had just two more hits off Martinez (9-6)..ddddddddddddAfter play resumed, he retired 11 of his next 12 batters.Padres manager Andy Green ventured onto the field during the delay but not to try to hurry anybody.I want the same courtesy afforded to my pitcher if he was going through that out there and give him some time, Green said. Now if it keeps happening repetitively, weve got to do something about it.Aledmys Diaz had two hits and has reached safely in 23 consecutive games, longest by a rookie this season. He is 13 for 19 against San Diego with a homer and four RBI.Seung Hwan Oh earned his third save in four chances.Rea had been 2-0 with a 3.68 ERA in his previous four starts. He allowed four runs in six innings in his first outing in two weeks.I think the biggest thing was maybe nibbling a little bit too much, Rea said. I made a lot of mistakes and they took advantage of them.HOMER HAPPYSan Diego has homered in 17 consecutive games, extending a franchise record. The Cardinals have homered in a season-best 10 straight games, totaling 21 in that time.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: C Christian Bethancourt took a foul off his right knee guard in the seventh but stayed in the game.UP NEXTPadres: Andrew Cashner (4-7, 5.05) works the series finale. He has lost two of his last three starts.Cardinals: Adam Wainwright (9-5, 4.19) is coming off a three-hit shutout against the Marlins and has allowed one run in his last 23 innings. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 China Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.