HOUSTON - Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck and Texans quarterback Case Keenum both have strong ties to Houston, are in their

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 16.12.2017 10:00
von jokergreen0220 • Gaser Lehrling III | 179 Beiträge

HOUSTON - Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck and Texans quarterback Case Keenum both have strong ties to Houston, are in their second year in the NFL, and are starting for their respective teams. Johnathan Cyprien Jersey . Thats where their similarities end. Luck was the first overall pick in the 2012 draft and started from Day 1. Keenum joined the Texans as an undrafted free agent and spent all of last season on the practice squad. Luck has thrown for 1,574 yards and 10 touchdowns. Keenum had 271 yards passing and a touchdown in his only NFL game on Oct. 20. The pair will meet tonight when the AFC South-leading Colts face a Houston team looking to end a five-game skid. Watch the action unfold live on TSN, beginning with Football Night in America at 7pm et/4pm pt. "I think you realize when you go into an NFL locker room, after a certain period of time, it doesnt matter where youre drafted or how you got there," Luck said. "If you get a chance and you play well, thats what matters." Keenum agreed. "Drafted first overall or undrafted, I think, its kind of all put to the side when it comes down to it," Keenum said. Luck went to high school in Houston before attending Stanford. Keenum is from Abilene, Texas and set career NCAA records for yards passing (19,217) and touchdown passes (155) at the University of Houston. Keenum made his NFL debut in Houstons last game filling in for an injured Matt Schaub. The Texans lost 17-16, but coach Gary Kubiak saw enough promise in Keenum to give him another start with Schaub healthy. "I think (hes) growing," Kubiak said. "I liked him or I wouldnt have brought him here in the first place. I think he has all of the physical ability to do what you need to do in this league to be successful." Five things to know about the Colts-Texans game: BANGED-UP BACKS: Houstons top two running backs are dealing with injuries and are questionable. Starter Arian Foster has missed practice this week with a hamstring injury he sustained early in the last game. Backup Ben Tate finished that game despite breaking four ribs in the third quarter. Hes said he expects to play Sunday. Houston signed three running backs on Monday to add depth: rookies Ray Graham and Dennis Johnson, and fourth-year player Deji Karim. Karim played three games for the Colts late last season, mostly on special teams. He had a 101-yard kickoff return for a touchdown last season to help the Colts to a 28-16 win in their last meeting with Houston. REGGIES REPLACEMENT: Sunday will be Indianapolis first game without star receiver Reggie Wayne, who tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in a win over Denver. With the Pro Bowler out, the Colts will look to 2008 first-round pick Darrius Heyward-Bey and second-year player T.Y. Hilton to pick up the slack. Heyward-Bey has 18 receptions for 190 yards and a touchdown, and Hilton has 27 receptions for 412 yards and two scores. AVOIDING ED: Houstons Ed Reed has just 14 tackles with no interceptions in five games this season, causing some to wonder if he can still be a difference maker at age 35. Coach Chuck Pagano does not have that doubt. Pagano was asked how to account for him. "Dont throw in his direction, first of all," Pagano said. "Wherever hes at, just tell the quarterback, Dont go near him. Thats one way. Thats easier said than done." Reed leads active players with 61 career interceptions and has four against the Colts. MONSTER MATHIS: Indianapolis linebacker Robert Mathis has already tied his career high with 11 1/2 sacks. He reached the mark in both 2005 and 2008. "The second year in (this defence), hes much more comfortable," Pagano said. "Obviously, it was a huge transition a year ago for him, going from a 4-3 end to a stand up outside linebacker. ... Were not surprised that hes putting the numbers up that he is." Mathis has 103 sacks in his 11-year career. Hes had 15 1/2 against Houston, which is the most of any opponent. NO CUSHING: The Texans are trying to regroup after losing star linebacker Brian Cushing to a season-ending knee injury for the second straight year. "Unfortunately, weve been down this road before and some guys will have to step up," Kubiak said. Fourth-year player Darryl Sharpton will take over for Cushing, and Kubiak will look to fellow starting linebackers Joe Mays and Brooks Reed to help make Sharptons transition easier. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org Wesley Woodyard Jersey . A top pitching prospect, one who the ball club is pinning some of its future hopes, takes the spot of a veteran who once was viewed as a future ace but who, to this point, hasnt realized his potential and may never. Derrick Morgan Jersey . Not because it was right, but because referees werent allowed to determine it was wrong. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-99-Jurrell-Casey-Womens-Jersey/ . Fabio Fognini pulled off a surprise 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over two-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray to level the best-of-five quarterfinal at 2-2 before Andreas Seppi defeated James Ward 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 in the decisive match.Tuscaloosa, AL - The University of Alabama has announced that offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin will return to his position for the 2015 season. Kiffin, a finalist for the 2014 Broyles Award recognizing the top assistant in college football, had been rumored to be a front-runner for the San Francisco 49ers vacant offensive coordinators position. I made a comment at the Sugar Bowl that I would be back this fall at Alabama and that is definitely the plan, said Kiffin in a statement released Saturday. This time of year, there are lots of things out there regarding other coaching opportunities, but I want to reaffirm my commitment to the University of Alabama, Coach (Nick) Saban, and our team. Kiffin, who had a 20-game stint as the Oakland Raiders head coach from 2007-08, directed a Crimson Tide offense that established school season records for total yards and passing years while averaging 36.9 points per game this past seaason. Avery Williamson Jersey. Additionally, wide receiver Amari Cooper finished third in balloting for the Heisman Trophy after amassing 1,727 yards and 16 touchdowns on 124 catches. Weve very pleased and happy that Lane is going to be staying here at the University of Alabama with us. Hes done a fabulous job and is one of the finest offensive coaches in the country, said Saban. He is going to have plenty of opportunities in the future and we want to continue to help him develop as a coach so when he leaves here, hell be in a very good situation. Our offense was extremely productive last season and we look forward to building on some of the good things we did on that side of the ball with this years team. Alabama won the 2014 SEC Championship Game and earned the top seed in the inaugural four-team College Football Playoff, but was handed a 42-35 loss by eventual national champion Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl semifinal. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.