rs have the financing plan in place fo

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 25.04.2018 13:39
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Giles Barnes scored twice and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat the Portland Timbers 4-1 on Sunday to eliminate the defending MLS Cup champions from the playoffs.Both of Barnes goals came in the first half at BC Place and the Timbers couldnt catch up. The Whitecaps (10-15-9) had already been eliminated from the playoffs but they claimed the Pacific Northwests Cascadia Cup on goal differential with the victory.Portland (12-14-8) finished the season without a win on the road.When I look at the overall performance, I didnt think we were good, Timbers coach Caleb Porter said. I didnt think we defended well, and I thought we had some surprisingly poor performances out of our keys guys.Barnes first goal came in the 13th minute, and he slotted his second in the 32nd. The goals were his first with Vancouver after being traded from Houston in late July.Pedro Morales scored in the 54th minute for his ninth goal of the season. He doffed his jersey in celebration following the goal and was handed a yellow card.Nicolas Mezquida followed with a goal a minute later as the Timbers playoff hopes nosedived. Diego Valeri scored on a penalty kick in the 71st minute to avoid the shutout.This performance absolutely drives me mad, Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson said. I know we have the players to do it, but we havent done it on a consistent basis. Why? I dont know. Im going to get to bottom of it because I dont want to be sitting here next year saying the same things to you like a broken record. We finished on a high today, but Im not fooled.Vancouver goalkeeper David Ousted stopped what appeared to be an easy goal for Portlands Lucas Melano in the 18th minute. Melano was subbed out for the second half.The Timbers, one of four teams vying for three open playoff spots in the Western Conference at the start of the day, did not have starters Liam Ridgewell and Diego Chara for the match against the Whitecaps because of yellow card accumulation.There has to be some long, hard discussions and reflexion on what went wrong, Porter said. Its a combination of things, but for me there were holes in the team all year long.The Cascadia Cup goes to the winner of the three-way competition between the Whitecaps, Timbers and Seattle Sounders. The award was created by supporters of the three teams back in 2004. Seattle claimed the Cascadia Cup last season and fans from the Emerald City Supporters brought the trophy to BC Place.I cant fault any of my players today, Robinson said. I thought we played with an energy and an enthusiasm and a will and a desire, but we havent done that too many times this year, which is why we are where we are.The Timbers were eliminated from the CONCACAF Champions League on Wednesday night when they played to a 1-1 draw with Costa Ricas Deportivo Saprissa at Portlands Providence Park.It was the final match for Timbers midfielder Jack Jewsbury, who has played for 14 MLS seasons with his final six in Portland. Traveling fans at BC Place canted Captain Jack! in his honor after the game.Its been unbelievable, Jewsbury said after Sundays match. I never knew what I was getting into when I came to this team in 2011. Joel Embiid Jersey .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Darryl Dawkins Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. http://www.cheap76ersjerseys.us/ . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Wilt Chamberlain Jersey . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. Discount 76ers Jerseys . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. The mayor of Oakland announced that the city has reached a framework agreement with the Ronnie Lott group for a new stadium, with the hopes of keeping the Raiders in Oakland.It is exciting that we have reached a conceptual framework agreement with the Lott group, said Mayor Libby Schaaf.The framework agreement does not include the Raiders, nor has Raiders owner Mark Davis agreed to stay in Oakland. The agreement would need to be approved by the Board of Supervisors and the Oakland City Council before the groups could move forward.Schaaf is scheduled to present the deal to the Board of Supervisors on Tuesday in a closed-door session. It would then go to the Oakland City Council on Nov. 29, if it passes.Davis reaffirmed to ESPN in October that he plans to play the next two seasons at the Oakland Coliseum, even if the team gets the green light from the NFL to move to Las Vegas.We want to bring a Super Bowl championship back to the Bay Area, DDavis said at the time.ddddddddddddDavis and the Raiders have the financing plan in place for a $1.9 billion stadium to be built in Las Vegas after the Nevada state legislature approved a tax plan in October to raise $750 million toward the project. Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval then signed the bill, clearing the way for the stadium, which would also be used by UNLVs football team.Davis has denied speculation that supporting the Las Vegas plan was a way to force Oakland to build a new stadium.I made a commitment to the governor of Nevada, he said in October. Ive never used another city as leverage.Relocation needs the blessing of three-fourths of NFL team owners, who historically have shunned Las Vegas because of its legalized sports betting.ESPNs Paul Gutierrez and The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.