ame Jan. 7 in Frisco, Texas.Prediction --

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 24.04.2018 14:32
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Its been over 30 years since Mal Meninga was tearing up the English rugby league scene but people around the Liverpool area have long memories.Its a region where Liverpool and Everton dominate the sporting conversation, but mention rugby league to one of the regions many loquacious taxi drivers and theyll invariably bring up Meninga.The Kangaroos coach was at the peak of his career when St Helens pulled off the biggest signing in the clubs history by convincing him to join for the 1984-85 season on a big-money contract.He repaid them with a whopping 28 tries in 31 games and still to this day is regarded as one of the greatest imports to play in the English game.I loved my time living and playing at St Helens, Meninga told AAP.I used to come down to Anfield, which is just down the road, quite a lot when I wasnt playing, to watch Liverpool play.Craig Johnston, the Aussie midfielder, was there and carving it up and we became good friends.Liverpool were the top dogs at the time and I became mates with many of the players whod come down and watch our games.Unfortunately I broke my arm and couldnt go back and play for a second season. But its a time I look back fondly upon.Signing Meninga was a far from straightforward process for Saints, who faced fierce competition for his services.Veteran broadcaster Ray French, who despite being the BBCs main rugby league commentator at the time, was also a member of the St Helens board, and thanks to some help from Wayne Bennett managed to get the deal over the line.Saints had said to me theyd signed Mal just before I went out to Australia for the 1984 Great Britain tour, French told AAP.I was staying at the Pacific Hotel in Manly, but when I came down for breakfast I saw Gary Hetherington, the Leeds chairman,He said: Ray, weve just signed Meninga.So I made up an excuse, left the breakfast table and shot straight upstairs to phone Mal.He assured me hed only sign for me and to meet him in Brisbane in three weeks time for the second Test.When I got up to Lang Park I bumped into Wayne Bennett and he said: Ray, Leeds are here, what do you want me to do?So Wayne distracted them by taking them out to the field for a chat.While he was doing that I grabbed Mal and he signed in the clubhouse.French believes he hasnt seen a better and more influential player than Meninga during his 60-year association with the game.He was fantastic for us, there had never been anyone like him before over here and there hasnt been anyone since, he said.There is also a humility to Mal. He has no edge to him and his word is his bond and we remain great friends to this day. Kaufen Air Max 97 Herren Gold Gelb/Schwarz Schweiz . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Kaufen Air Max 97 Italy Flag Herren Metallic Gold/weiß-University Rot Schweiz . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. http://www.airmax270schweiz.com/kaufen-herren-damen-air-max-97-summit-weiss-schweiz.html . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. Kaufen Air Max 97 Silber-/weiß/Rot Herren Schweiz .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. Nike Air Max 97 Herren Schweiz . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night. (STATS) -- A case can be made that North Dakota State and James Madison, who square off Friday night in an FCS national semifinal, have the most complete teams in the subdivision.Offense, defense, special teams, they have all been wrapped up into superb seasons.The two are champions from the strongest conferences in the FCS, JMU out of CAA Football and NDSU from the Missouri Valley Football Conference.NDSU has won a record five straight FCS national titles and this season has weathered the toughest schedule in the FCS. But while the Bison (12-1) have been invincible inside the Fargodome during the FCS playoffs this decade, JMU feels strong enough to halt what may be the greatest dynasty in college football history. During the regular season, the Dukes (12-1) beat the CAAs second-through fifth-place teams on the road.Fargodome, here they come.Well use a combination of different noise during practice, doing some things inside for communication-wise, try to replicate what were gonna see, JMU coach Mike Houston said. Fortunately, we have staff members that have played there before, so their knowledge is valuable to us. It should be an exciting environment on Friday night. Certainly they have enthusiastic fan support there and it makes a great home field for them. We look forward to having the opportunity to go up there and compete.---=FCS Playoffs SemifinalThe Matchup -- No. 4 seed James Madison (12-1) at No. 1 seed North Dakota State (12-1)Kickoff -- 7 p.m. ET Friday at the Fargodome (18,700) in Fargo, North DakotaCoverage -- ESPN2Series -- North Dakota State leads 1-0 (NDSU won 26-14 in 2011 FCS first round)Coaches -- James Madison: Mike Houston (12-1, first season; 55-20 overall); North Dakota State: Chris Klieman (40-4, three seasons; 43-11 overall)Players to Watch -- James Madison: QB Bryan Schor (199 of 267, 2,648 yards, 24 TDs, 5 INTs; 103 carries, 534 yards, 10 TDs), RB Khalid Abdullah (249 carries, 1,528 yards, 20 TDs; 2 receiving TDs), WR/KR Brandon Ravenel (44 receptions, 708 yards, 5 TDs), LB Brandon Hereford (96 TT, 7.5 TFL, 4 PBU), LB Gage Steele (87 TT, 3.5 TFL, 1 INT, 2 PBU); North Dakota State: QB Easton Stick (150 of 250, 2,115 yards, 19 TDs, 9 INTs; 104 carries, 664 yards, 7 TDs), RB King Frazier (171 carries, 835 yards, 10 TDs), DE Greg Menard (57 TT, 15 TFL, 10.5 sacks, 2 FR, 2 FF), LB MJ Stumpf (79 TT, 12 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 2 INTs), FS Tre Dempsey (48 TT, 4.5 TFL, 6 INTs, 6 PBU)What to Know -- The first of North Dakota States five consecutive FCS titles began with a win over James Madison in the 2011 second round. This year, NDSU earned a share of its sixth straight Missouri Valley title and JMU won its first outright CAA title since 2008. The visiting Dukes average an FCS-leading 49.6 points per game and surrender an average of 22.1. They rolled up 607 yards -- the programs playoff record -- in their 65-7 rout of Sam Houston State in the quarterfinals, which was tthe second-largest margin in FCS playoff history.dddddddddddd Schor, the CAA offensive player of the year, runs the offense with a balanced mix of the run and pass. The Dukes keep drives alive on third and fourth downs as theyve converted a combined 53.2 percent. Their offense has lost RB Cardon Johnson to an Achilles injury, but Trai Sharpe has performed well in the No. 2 role behind Abdullah. Against Sam Houston, Abdullah and Sharpe combined for 285 yards and five touchdowns on the ground. The offensive line is physical, and two players, Mitch Kirsch and Aaron Stinnie, were All-CAA first-team selections and another, Matt Frank, made the second team. The defense has intercepted 20 passes, which has led to a plus-16 turnover margin and 125 points off the takeaways. The secondarys shutdown ways helped key the win over Sam Houston State and features CB Taylor Reynolds and FS Raven Greene. The Dukes return game has been the most dangerous in the FCS, combining for seven touchdowns, including Rashard Davis four on punts. North Dakota State is on a 22-game winning streak in the FCS playoffs, with 17 of the wins coming inside the loud Fargodome. Since 2010, the Bison are 55-5 at home. They have faced the nations toughest schedule, with JMU being their 10th ranked opponent. Controlling the game clock is a staple with the FCS dynasty and the Bison had nearly 41 minutes of time of possession during their 36-10 victory over South Dakota State in the quarterfinals. They have scored 30.1 points on average and allowed 15.8, which is third-best in the FCS. The heady Stick, 20-1 as a starter, is the offensive leader. Hes part of a deep running game with Frazier and Lance Dunn (940 yards, 6 TDs). They have followed a great offensive line, anchored by LG Zack Johnson, to an average of 249.2 rushing yards per game, but 278.3 over the last six games. The defense is fierce, having totaled 34 sacks and 25 takeaways. It has lost several key players to injuries, but the Bison never dwell on whos not in the lineup. They hope to get back LB Pierre Gee-Tucker from an MCL sprain. Opponents are just under 100 rushing yards per game, and Menard comes from the edge on passing downs. Stumpf has likely been their defensive MVP, while Dempsey has a Missouri Valley-best six interceptions. Cam Pederson is 14 of 20 on field goals, making seven of his last eight attempts.Up Next -- The winner will play either Youngstown State (11-3) or No. 2 seed Eastern Washington (12-1) in the FCS championship game Jan. 7 in Frisco, Texas.Prediction -- If North Dakota State gets back to Frisco for the championship game, it probably isnt losing following three weeks of preparation. So if the Bisons championship run is going to end, this would be the night. Its a great matchup. North Dakota State, 27-26. Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Store Jerseys From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.