g Jacksonville and still searching for both ball se

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 24.04.2018 14:29
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Notre Dame had a good enough start that a tough second half didnt make a difference.Bonzie Colson had 22 points and 12 rebounds for his fifth career double-double and the Fighting Irish held off Colorado 89-83 on Monday night in the semifinals of the Legends Classic at Barclays Center.We got off to a great start, really flowing offensively, Notre Dame coach Mike Brey said. Second half Colorado really guarded us and we had to find different ways to play. We made free throws and it was kind of a grinding game. Im proud of how we held people but we have a lot of guys that have won big games and have big game pressure on them. I thought that experience helped us escape tonight.The Fighting Irish (4-0) will play Northwestern, which beat No. 22 Texas 77-58, for the title on Tuesday.The Buffaloes (3-1) trailed by 15 points at halftime and were able to get as close as four points twice in the final minute but Notre Dame went 14 for 14 from the free throw line over the final 1:33 to keep Colorado at bay in the first meeting between the schools.Matt Farrell had 20 points and V.J. Beacham and Steve Vasturia added 17 each for Notre Dame which went 27 for 29 from the free throw line. Colson, a 6-foot-5 junior, matched his career high with the 12 rebounds.I just wanted to stay composed and just stay focused, make sure I attacked the glass on both ends, Colson said. Coach emphasized before the game trying to get more rebounds and I think as a collective unit we did really well in that. Just stay composed and. we stayed in character.Xavier Johnson scored 23 points, Derrick White had 20 points and nine assists and George King added 17 points and 13 points for Colorado, which was able to rally in the second half by shooting 16 of 34 from the field (47.1 percent). The Buffaloes finished 18 of 19 from the free throw line.Theres a sense of urgency. We were down 15 points. The margin of error was very small, King said. So we had to pick it up defensively. That was our main focus going into the second half.Notre Dame came out firing and gave itself a comfortable 50-35 halftime lead.The Fighting Irish shot 54.5 percent (18 of 33) from the field, including making six of 12 3-point attempts in the first half. Colorado, meanwhile, struggled from the field in the first half shooting 37.1 percent (13 of 35) from the field and only 2 of 8 from 3-point range.I liked our guys fight to get back. You dig yourself a hole in the first half, against a good team its tough, Colorado coach Tad Boyle said. They made free throws down the stretch when they had to. I knew they were a good free throw shooting team. So its tough to come back on teams like that. We have to fight for 40 minutes, not for 20.Notre Dame couldnt keep up the shooting in the second half and the Buffaloes were able to make it close but the Fighting Irish sealed it at the free throw line.Weve been in those situations before. I never thought we were going to beat them by 20. Theyre too good a team, Brey said. Theyre an NCAA Tournament team and I think theyre going to be pretty darn good in the Pac 12. Youre not just going to put them away. I expected a run and Im glad that our guys were poised. We made some big free throws.BIG PICTURE:Notre Dame: The Fighting Irish will be looking for their first in-season tournament since winning the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic in 2012. ... Former Notre Dame star Kelly Tripucka was honored during the game as a legend for the Fighting Irish. ... As of Nov. 18 Notre Dame was scheduled to face seven teams in the top 15 in the AP poll.Colorado: This was the Buffaloes first game away from home. ... Colorado was picked fifth in the Pac-12 preseason poll. ... The Buffaloes came in allowing 59.3 points per game.NICE PLACE:Notre Dame started its run to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament last season at Barclays Center. The Fighting Irish beat Michigan and Stephen F. Austin to advance to the regional. They will be back here in March for the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament.I said the karma would still be here, Brey said. Were comfortable in this building. Id love to get one more tomorrow night and then to come back in March and try to get some. But theres no question, the familiarity and the memories. We were in the same locker room. Oh it was good stuff, all good stuff.BAD SHOTS:Its a lot easier to list the players who missed free throws rather than making them. Austin Torres missed the two free throws for Notre Dame and Johnson went 5 of 6 for the Buffaloes. Colson led all free throw shooters by going 9 for 9.ON THE MARK:Both teams almost hit their scoring average for the season. Notre Dame came in averaging 88 points per game and the Buffaloes were at 82. The defensive numbers took a hit, however. The Fighting Irish came in allowing 53.7 points and Colorado allowed 59.3.UP NEXT:Notre Dame: will play Northwestern in the championship game of the Legends Classic.Colorado: will play No. 22 Texas for third place in the Legends Classic. Air Max Tn Donna . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Nike Air Max 97 Blu . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. http://www.airmax97saldi.it/nike-air-max-97-gold.html . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Nike Silver 97 Uomo . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Nike Air Max 97 Uomo . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- An unnecessary roughness penalty for a blindside hit wiped out Marcus Mariotas interception. The Titans quarterback managed to fall on the ball after simply dropping it on handoff.His third mistake counted and couldnt have been more costly Sunday.Mariota fumbled when sacked, and Robert Mathis picked up the ball and ran 14 yards for the clinching touchdown in a 34-26 loss to the Indianapolis Colts . This latest loss leaves the 2014 Heisman Trophy winner and No. 2 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft just 2-8 on his home field for his career with his latest turnover bringing that total to 19: six fumbles and 13 interceptions.Tennessee coach Mike Mularkey said the key is protecting the ball better.Thats one of the things we have to stop doing, Mularkey said.The Titans (3-4) trailed 27-23 when they got the ball at their own 25 with 1:55 left and a timeout. A perfect moment for Mariota to follow up his winning performance of a week ago against Cleveland.On the first play, T.Y. McGill came through the Titans line where Brian Schwenke replaced starting left guard Quinton Spain, who was carted off the field in the second quarter. McGill stripped Mariota of the ball , which Mathis grabbed for the easy TD with 1:47 left.I was trying to step up in the pocket and make a throw to the left, Mariota said. They moved from the pressure, probably could have moved away from it. It was one of those things that was kind of perfect timing for him. I was separating my hands to throw the football. He just kind of poked at it and ended up knocking it out.Josh McNarys hit on Titans tight end Delanie Walker wiped out Patrick Robinsons interception late in the third quarter, and Mariota later dropped the ball in the same drive for a 9-yard loss to end the quarter. But Mariota capped the drivve with a TD pass.ddddddddddddMariota finished throwing for 232 yards and two touchdowns. But the Titans quarterback was streaky, opening the game completing his first five passes with the last a 10-yard TD pass to left tackle Taylor Lewan. Then he missed five of his next six passes, throwing too high. He sailed a pass to Andre Johnson on third-and-1 in the second quarter.The quarterback took the blame, noting he also missed Rishard Matthews on a deep pass down the field.Again, that really was on me, Mariota said. I mean I just missed throws in the pass game, especially on third down. We cant be missing those opportunities. Weve got to continue to move the chains, allow us to either score points or pin them deep.Mariota completed passes to seven different receivers counting Lewan.Tight end Delanie Walker, who caught a 7-yard TD pass that tied the game at 20 early in the fourth quarter, thinks Mariota was trying to throw to him before fumbling and said the quarterback might be taking too much of the blame for the teams offensive struggles.He only plays one position, Walker said. We all go to do our part.With the loss, the Titans missed a chance yet at their longest winning streak since 2011. They wrap up a three-game home stand Thursday night hosting Jacksonville and still searching for both ball security and offensive consistency with the second-year quarterback.With what happened (Sunday), guys are hungry to get back on the field, Mariota said. Its an opportunity to get back on track and get rolling again.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-NFLFollow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Store Jerseys From China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.