change all of that.Starting again at 35 is

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 17.04.2018 13:26
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

If Adam Gase was looking for a litmus test for his Miami Dolphins out of the gate, the first-year head coach couldnt have asked for a much more difficult test than traveling to face the Seattle Seahawks at CenturyLink Field at 4:05 ET on Sunday.The Pacific Northwest destination is the furthest stop from South Florida on the NFL map, although the Dolphins will surely welcome a forecast that calls for kickoff temperatures in the mid-70s.Of far more concern is the Seahawks vaunted defense, which led the league in points allowed each of the past two seasons. Gase has a history of elevating the play of various quarterbacks, and embattled Ryan Tannehill looked mostly comfortable running the no-huddle offense during the preseason.However, questions remain along the offensive line, in the backfield and with Tannehills ability to be productive in the red zone. Answering all of those in one of the leagues most notoriously loud stadiums in a season opener against a stout defense will be a challenge.The percentages say if you go on the road in the NFL, its hard to win, Gase said. No matter how good you are, wherever youre ranked, it doesnt matter. Every stadium you go into, its tough to play on the road. When you do get a win on the road, its a big win, no matter where its at.Being able to handle adversity, thats the hardest thing to do. When things dont go right, how do you respond?The Dolphins expect to start veteran Arian Foster in the backfield, and his versatility as a receiver will be a bonus. But Seattle also led the league in run defense last season, so the onus will fall on Tannehill to run Gases attack efficiently in the face of a strong pass rush and the Seahawks Legion of Boom secondary.We just have to keep plugging away, Tannehill said. Were on the right track. We just have to keep taking advantage of every day, every practice, pushing ourselves (and) making ourselves get better on the little things. Were in good shape.The Dolphins arent certain if wide receiver DeVante Parker will be able to play due to a hamstring injury, but have a pair of threats in possession receiver Jarvis Landry and deep threat Kenny Stills in combination with tight end Jordan Cameron. Covering tight ends was a particular vulnerability for the Seahawks last season, but Seattle head coach Pete Carroll relies heavily on the veterans he has in charge of the unit.We can recall experiences that have happened, Carroll said Wednesday. I was talking to (cornerback Richard) Sherman about something that happened three years ago this morning, a play. We were talking about something that would apply now.That fluid interaction is really valuable. The clearer they are, the better they can communicate, the faster they can play. Were dedicated to playing fast and committed to keeping our guys at the edge of their ability level, and that communication is hugely valuable. Were as good as we have ever been in that regard and were banking on it.Seattle will bank of veterans on the other side of the ball, too, but more so out of necessity. Gone is power running back Marshawn Lynch, nicknamed Beast Mode. He retired and handed the reins to Thomas Rawls and Co. Gone, too, are three starters from last seasons offensive line. Right tackle Garry Gilliam will be the only lineman from last season to begin the 2016 campaign in the same spot.The offensive line performed surprisingly well during the preseason, but is still considered one of the most vulnerable blocking units in the league. And that vulnerability can be quickly exposed when facing the likes of Dolphins defensive linemen Ndamukong Suh, Cam Wake and offseason addition Mario Williams.Its time to go play and see if we can just play each play, in each series, in each quarter of each game, said Seahawks offensive line coach Tom Cable, whose unit will feature a converted tight end (Gilliam), a journeyman (JMarcus Webb) or rookie (Rees Odhiambo) at right guard, a former second-round pick starting at his third position in as many seasons (center Justin Britt), a first-year starter (left guard Mark Glowinski) and another journeyman in left tackle (Bradley Sowell) who was an afterthought as an offseason acquisition. Rookie Germain Ifedi was slated to start at right guard until suffering an ankle sprain in practice Wednesday that will reportedly sideline him at least a few weeks.Then go into the next one and continue to grow. I really like where weve started and where were at and all the work in-between. Now can we continue it, thats really the challenge now.The Seahawks 2015 season shifted when offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell moved quarterback Russell Wilson out from under center primarily, allowing him to see the pass rush coming at him and distribute the ball to an array of playmakers.Miami was vulnerable to big plays in the running and passing games last season, with missed assignments and gap-fitting a constant source of frustration. There were still signs of similar issues during the preseason, and Wilsons ability to keep plays alive with his feet puts an enormous amount of pressure on the defense.Russell, he has great feet, Suh said. He can run the ball and be a threat in that respect -- so just be aware of it.I would never be scared of it or anything of that nature, but just be aware of it and cognizant and just go out there and play your game.Rawls is coming off a season-ending ankle injury last season and will play a limited amount of snaps. Veteran Christine Michael will split the duty, with rookies C.J. Prosise and Alex Collins potentially fitting into the mix as well.With the offensive line concerns, however, the Seahawks offense is likely to operate primarily through Wilson. Tight end Jimmy Graham has a chance to play as he returns from knee surgery, but even without him Seattle sports a deep group of experienced receivers including Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse and Tyler Lockett.Wilson will take aim at a secondary slated to start former Seahawks cornerback Byron Maxwell opposite rookie Xavien Howard.It adds up to a compelling matchup between the unknown commodity of Gases Dolphins and Carrolls veteran-laden bunch eyeing another Super Bowl run.Its nice to be home, sure, Carroll said. We love to be able to open up against someone here at home and have the 12s ready to go. Like the week leading up to it, we just get that sense of digging in a little bit so thats always nice, but in another year when were on the road and you ask me the same question, Ill say its no big deal.Maxwell shadowing elite receivers, playing in an off-man zone scheme that didnt suite his style, and the 28-year-old struggled.Maxwell, who had 64 tackles, two interceptions and forced two fumbles in the 14 games he played for the Eagles last season, allowed opposing quarterbacks to produce a 100.7 passer rating when they targeted receivers he was defending. Kevin Johnson Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Kendall Langford Jersey .C. -- Chris Thorburn thinks one of the reasons the Winnipeg Jets have been successful under new coach Paul Maurice is that theyre playing together as a team. http://www.officialauthentictexansstore.com/authentic-bruce-ellington-jersey.html . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Shane Lechler Jersey . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. Derek Newton Jersey . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. In an instant, everything changed for Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas.?Thomas broke his left leg in a collision with 63, 232-pound teammate Kam Chancellor?in the second quarter of Seattles 40-7 drubbing of the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. It was the kind of brutal injury to which fans have become desensitized, but it shook Thomas enough to have him thinking of retirement.?While Thomas was doubting whether hed ever play again, the natural pivot for analysts and fans was to question how the Seahawks might move on without him. Indeed, his absence was felt immediately, as the Panthers targeted Thomass replacement, Steven Terrell, on the next play, a 55-yard Ted Ginn Jr. touchdown thrown right over Terrells head.Watching his team from the sidelines is a foreign experience for the durable Thomas. A hamstring injury kept him out of Seattles Week 12 contest, but that was his first missed game since being drafted in 2010 -- a streak of 118 straight starts. The sudden and jarring reality of a season lost to injury clearly had him thinking about his own fragility and longevity.Whether its age or injury, so few athletes get to choose when theyre done playing; if Thomas is able, he should make that decision with a clear mind and healthy body.ESPNs own Prim Siripipat, my guest on this weeks Thats What She Said podcast, knows all too well how a lack of closure might haunt an athlete later in life. After more than 10 years away from tennis, Siripipat is making a comeback. One of the top-ranked players in the country in high school, she went on to play at Duke. Three surgeries -- on both of her shoulders and her left knee -- plagued her junior year, and she never felt the same upon returning. After years devoting hher life to covering sports, Siripipat realized she wanted to be back in the action.ddddddddddddAbout six months ago I discovered that I was really unhappy with how my career ended, she said on the podcast. Sometimes things take a lot of time to process. First of all, right after I walked away from tennis I was experiencing just, like, a lot of psychological pain ... it was so hard for me. So I didnt watch tennis for four or five years. I didnt pick up a racket for roughly 10 years ... and it was around May of this year that I was like, Wow, Ive been carrying this pain for so long and Im really unhappy with how my tennis career ended.So in addition to her work at ESPN and planning a wedding, Siripipat is back on the court nearly every day, working toward a goal that remains mostly undefined. She does know this time around its less about results -- though of course she always wants to win -- and more about doing things the right way. Eating well, lifting properly, being kind to herself and enjoying the process along the way are key. Shes also working with her fiance to document the journey for ESPN -- a visual look at her rewrite.Its something thats so personal and such a big passion project, Siripipat said. Its been really cool. It hasnt been easy, because a lot of it has required me to go back and literally face the old Prim and the little Prim and having to go back and change all of that.Starting again at 35 is tough in tennis; its pretty much impossible in football. Heres hoping that, at 27, Thomas can decide, with his head and his heart, his best course with no regrets. NFL Jerseys From China Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.