yet clear. The IRS hasnt formally ruled on whether t

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 16.04.2018 14:44
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Nick Franklin broke out of a slump and then had to leave the game early. Hes hoping its not an omen. Franklin homered and drove in three runs and the Seattle Mariners rallied from a four-run deficit to beat the Oakland Athletics 7-4 on Tuesday night. "Its been a grind," said Franklin, who hit his first home run in nearly a month and had seven hits in his previous 63 at bats. "I just went back to my old approach and worked through it, hoping to get better." Hell likely have to wait a few days before he gets into the lineup because of a left knee laceration suffered when he beat a throw to the plate during the decisive eighth. "I went back to the dugout and somebody thought I was in shock," Franklin said. "I was ready to go. I asked somebody to get me a new pair of pants." He averted his eyes while the team doctor put stitches in his knee that could keep him out for up to a week. Mariners interim manager Robby Thompson said it looked like he caught Derek Norris cleat. "I want to say it was five stitches," Thompson said. "He had a nice little deep gash in his left knee. He wanted to stay in, just wanted new pants. It was necessary to take care of that right away." Norris also left the game and X-rays revealed a fractured left toe. "Its been tough for our catchers here lately," As Josh Donaldson said. "Dino has struggled with his back thing and now he fractures his toe. I dont know, well see how it plays out." As catcher John Jaso has been on the disabled list since July 25 with a concussion. Brad Miller and Kendrys Morales also drove in runs for the Mariners, who won for just the third time in 53 games when trailing after seven innings. Donaldson and Nate Freiman both homered for the As, who dropped 1 1/2 games behind the AL West-leading Texas Rangers. Norris also drove in a run for the As. Sean Doolittle (4-5) allowed hits to all four batters he faced in the eighth. "I wasnt walking guys but I was leaving stuff over the plate," said Doolittle, a converted first baseman. "We made a mess of things. Its not the right time of year to have an inning like that." Brandon Maurer (4-7) pitched a scoreless seventh for the victory. Danny Farquhar earned his eighth save in 11 chances with a scoreless ninth. As rookie Sonny Gray threw seven solid innings, giving up two runs and two hits. He walked two and struck out seven. Mariners starter Joe Saunders went six innings, giving up four runs and 10 hits. He struck out two and walked three. "I was just trying to stay confident," Saunders said. "Then we got some big double plays and clutch hits." The Mariners scored five times in the eighth, getting RBIs from Miller, Franklin and Morales and scoring two runs on wild pitches. The As used three pitchers, who needed 53 pitches, to get through the eighth. Doolittle has allowed six runs over his past four appearances, a span of 2 2-3 innings. "We dont see that often. That surprises everybody," As manager Bob Melvin said. "But youre going to have some games you dont get it done and thats what happened. They had some good at bats, strung some hits together and it happened pretty quickly." The As scored all their runs within the first five batters of the game. Jed Lowrie led off with a triple and scored on Norris single. Donaldson followed with his 18th home run. After Yoenis Cespedes grounded out, Nate Freiman hit a solo shot. Franklin hit a two-run home run in the third to bring Seattle within 4-2. Grey took care of the rest, retiring 13 of the final 14 batters he faced. Hes thrown at least six innings in all three of his starts. Grey had a 13-inning scoreless streak snapped when Franklin homered. Saunders gave up half of his hits in the first inning, settling in to keep Seattle within striking distance. He got double plays in three successive innings to keep the As off the scoreboard. NOTES: As OF Coco Crisp (sore left wrist) was available off the bench, but As manager Bob Melvin said he didnt want him to get more than one at-bat right-handed. Hes scheduled to play Wednesday. ... As LHP Brett Anderson is expected to throw about 65 pitches in his rehab start Thursday in Stockton. Melvin hinted it could be his last rehab, though he would not commit either way. ... Mariners interim manager Robby Thompson said he plans to talk with manager Eric Wedge, who plans to be at Fridays game in Seattle, after batting practice to develop a game plan. ... Mariners RHP Tom Wilhelmsen is expected to rejoin the team in September. He was optioned to Triple-A Tacoma on Aug. 6. Case Keenum Jersey . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. Pat Elflein Jersey . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. http://www.officialauthenticvikingsshop.com/authentic-paul-krause-jersey.html . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. Jarius Wright Jersey . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Brett Favre Jersey . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. Sources revealed Wednesday that Clemsons Deshaun Watson?has taken out?two insurance policies against a career-ending injury: a $5 million total disability policy and a $5 million loss of value policy.The reality is, players rarely end up receiving a payout, even after theyve sustained an injury. And when they do get paid, its still unclear whether the IRS has dibs on a cut of the money.Heres a primer on how these policies work:What is a total disability policy?It protects a player should he become unable to play football again because of an injury. This covers an injury on or off the field, usually from the time a player signs the policy until the following football season. The only reason something wouldnt be covered is if theres a pre-existing injury; the insurer might specify in the policy that the player would not be covered if the same injury occurs again.A player can attempt to come back from an injury and still collect, but in general, policies wont pay out if hes able to play in more than four games following the injury.A player cant just decide that he cant play. A doctor, sometimes one from the players side and one from the insurers side, must agree that is the case.What is a loss of value policy?It is an attachment to the disability policy. It projects where a player is supposed to go in the draft and then provides for a payment up to a specific amount, should the player fall in the draft order because of an injury.A player can get paid a small amount if he doesnt slip far, or the whole amount, as Ifo Ekpre-Olomu received when he was projected to be a first-round pick and an injury caused him to slip to the seventh round. Someone who didnt collect in this years draft was Myles Jack, who fell to the 36th overall pick, but only would have started to collect money at Pick 45.The loss of value must be associated with an injury. Theres no coverage for falling in the draft due to other issues. ?What do these pollicies cost?A rule of thumb is about $10,000 for every $1 million in coverage.dddddddddddd Previously, the NCAA helped secure a loan for the premium, which would be paid by the players family, but a couple of years ago, that changed when it was discovered that schools were allowed to take out the policies themselves.Sources said that Clemson took out a policy for Watson through International Specialty Insurance, which has established itself as the leader in the space, especially when it comes to offering loss of value.How often do players collect?Not too often on total disability. It has happened only a handful of times in the past 15 years. Loss of value collection has occurred more often. Players who have collected over the years include Ekpre-Olomu and Jaylon Smith, who will collect a lump sum of $900,000 after slipping in this years draft.In March 2015, USC wide receiver Marqise Lee sued his insurer, Lloyds of London, when he slipped in the 2014 draft, claiming he was owed $4.5 million. But Lloyds argued that at the time he signed his policy, Lee had an injury that he didnt disclose. The two sides agreed to settle the case for an undisclosed amount this May.And in case youre wondering, when there is a payout, all of the money goes to the player. None of it goes to the school.When a player collects, is it tax free?When a player pays for a premium up front or takes out a loan to pay it, it is tax free. When the school pays for the premium, its not yet clear. The IRS hasnt formally ruled on whether taxes have to be taken out of the lump sum collected because the player didnt pay for the premium to begin with.Why do schools pay?This is now a good way for a school to keep a player who might be scared to return. In other words, the school is saying, if you hurt yourself, weve got your back. China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.